Diablo® III

Unable to install Diablo 3

So, I've just set my computer back to factory standard and I have to re-install everything again, but Diablo seems to disagree. I've tried several solutions and none of them will work, Diablo just continues to tell me I don't have the system requirements. Which is very odd, concidering I had that just a few hours ago.

If anyone got any tips or tricks on how to make Diablo stop telling me I can't install it, then please, do share. It's extremely annoying.

On a side now, I have tried to change the properties and run as Administrator, so that should not be the problem. Help?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
You said you went back to factory settings...that may also mean you do not have the proper Operating System Service Pack. Run Windows Update and ensure you are all patched up to date. While you are at it, make sure your browser, Flash, Adobe, Virus protection, and Malware scanner are also up to date!

Edit to add - check your drivers too and make sure you update them. That includes sound and video in particular.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 1/2/2013 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have updated my computer appropriatley and the virus protection and such things should be as good as can be for the moment. Earler, I have not had these latest updates on my computer, yet Diablo has been able to run. I'm not aware of how it could just randomly decide to fail me like this.
Reply Quote
Same thing here man, I have all the updated drivers ~ I even used the Blizzard driver help, and it's all up to date..I'm clueless for 5 days now.

Windows XP with latest service pack
DirectX 9.0c up to date
Geforce 9800 up to date
Sound drivers up to date
Motherboard drivers up to date
Internet up to date
GB on HD check.

Help please
I would like to add that I had to remove my old HD, and insert a new one, then installed all the drivers, am I missing something?
Edited by Divxman#1359 on 1/2/2013 12:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
I've checked around and this do seem to be a problem for several people. There are some solutions posted on this forum earlier, though, none of them did work for me. I'll concider calling customer service in a few days.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Siko,

I need the exact error message you're getting and your dxdiag info please.

You can find this information in the Direct X Diagnostic Tool:

Click on Start
Click on Run
Type in: dxdiag (In Vista, type dxdiag in the search field)
Hit Enter or OK

Click on the Save All Information button at the bottom, and create a dxdiag text file, and copy and paste it ALL here.
Reply Quote
I managed to fix the error "Your operating system does not meet minimum requirements, installation will be cancelled" even though it was not really accurate in my situation.

For Windows XP, assuming 100% that all of your drivers and Windows service packs are up to date.
All I had to do was
#1 right click on my D3 installer that I downloaded
#2 I right clicked on the installer, clicked on properties
#3 at the very bottom it says
Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect your computer.
Click Unblock, then ok. Try the installer, GL!

I didn't see my fix anywhere, but I might have missed it while troubleshooting this... could have saved some time. Google said that I should right click it and run as Admin but it's literally not the same, mine was different yet super simple.
Edited by Divxman#1359 on 1/2/2013 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]