Diablo® III

Re: Jedi Academy thread

I know a lot of people are sorely tempted to jump on Raahl when he's down, and many can't resist. But I urge each of you to (1) ask yourself whether doing so will help improve the quality of discourse when he returns and (2) not post about his ban or spam his thread if the answer is "no."

And that's all I have to say on that subject. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Rahhl was banned?

heading to his thread to catchup

/popcorn
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 1/2/2013 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Rahhl was banned?

heading to his thread to catchup

/popcorn

For anyone reading my nonsense posts
1) I apologize
2) Are you REALLY eating popcorn?

p.s. Thanks vrkhyz
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
jump on Raahl when he's down,

Define this please?
Reply Quote
So I no longer get to see the self-proclaimed expert of monks come out and drop random over the top and overly dramatic named builds like "Sword of the whatever" or "Guardian of the I don't have a life"?

That's just too bad...A real shame
Reply Quote
View profile
01/02/2013 05:33 PMPosted by n0rain
jump on Raahl when he's down,

Define this please?

id guess it has to do with taking shots at him when he cant respond (assuming that he got banned)

plus his thread despite its language was quite useful for directing me to druins, nameless, piffle and the thread about what items for which builds
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 05:43 PMPosted by SteelPhantom
id guess it has to do with taking shots at him when he cant respond (assuming that he got banned)

As I said in another thread, don't do it. It is such a cowardly way of behaving, and even more so if you didn't have the guts or the motivation to question his builds or behaviour before. Maintain some degree of respect and take the high road. I think that's what Vrk is trying to say here -- and that's what I'd encourage each of us to do as well.
Reply Quote
Does that make me exempt since I did have the guts to criticize his choices? I have no hard feelings towards him since he claimed he was almighty in the ways of the Monk. I was actually getting good feedback from him aside from his insults. This is more than anyone else has done for me here. I take that back. I think you were really helpful back in August, Nameless. I wouldn't kick a man while he is down but I don't see that happening yet. Maybe I am biased by the facts but I wouldn't take great offense to anything said since his ban yet. This is assuming that he saw my response to his opinions of my suggestions in the discussion thread.
Reply Quote
I am more concerned with how it makes the Monk community appear. My husband visited the forums tonight for the first time, after much assurance from me that the Monks were not asshats like the rest of the forums and his opinion is that it is a bit snippy in here (still better than the rest of the forums, but not what I have come to know either).

http://youtu.be/WJTBPdVpdMc?t=30s

I don't agree with or enjoy a lot of Raahl's posts, but he can post what he wants, and I can skip it and not comment. Taking a lesson from Thumper, you know?
Reply Quote
There are three kind of bottles can represent three type of people. First kind is the empty bottle when you shake them it won’t make any sound because it doesn’t have any content in it. Second kind is the bottle that contains full of water when shake them it won’t make any sound either because it’s full. Third kind is the half fool and half empty bottle when you shake them it makes a lot of noises because it’s not full and it just want to make noise. LordRaahl has the full bottle of the knowledge on Monk skills and also he has helped some new monks to get on their feet in this community. However, as a Jedi Master the choice of words in the monk forum discussion can be improved a bit especially in some of arguments. Having I said that, I have to admit that I enjoyed some of those sparks. Hopefully, we’ll learn something from this incident and together build a better Monk community
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 06:35 PMPosted by n0rain
Does that make me exempt since I did have the guts to criticize his choices? I have no hard feelings towards him since he claimed he was almighty in the ways of the Monk. I was actually getting good feedback from him aside from his insults. This is more than anyone else has done for me here. I take that back. I think you were really helpful back in August, Nameless. I wouldn't kick a man while he is down but I don't see that happening yet. Maybe I am biased by the facts but I wouldn't take great offense to anything said since his ban yet. This is assuming that he saw my response to his opinions of my suggestions in the discussion thread.

I never accused you of doing it and I hope you don't feel singled out by my post. It was more of a preemptive post because I can see this kind of thing happening -- when people come out of the woodwork and start talking smack about a guy that's since been banned. I guess it's my way of trying to be diplomatic and encouraging people to take a higher road.
Reply Quote
Understood Nameless. Thanks for trying to keep it clean around here.
Reply Quote
View profile
*passesthrunonchalantlywhilsteatingpopcorn*
Reply Quote
View profile
agreed. no sense kicking someone while they're down. no sense kicking them while up either, i've decided.
Reply Quote
haha i personally found all the back and forth and his crazy musings quite entertaining.
Reply Quote
I think this needs a bump. For what it's worth, Raahl will be back in the forums in about three and a half weeks. Threads from banned players might automatically be unstickied; it's no guarantee it won't be right back atop this forum when he returns.
Reply Quote
I really hope the thread will be stickied again. I am also looking forward to the guide to be completed. I found more than a few interesting tips in Raahl's thread (and a new appreciation for Backlash).

I also hope that the CM will pay attention and give a sticky to the other useful threads around (Druin's TR, Piffle and Nameless' gearing guides, Vrkhyz's explanation to several skill mechanics, etc), or at least give a sticky to KamelJabber's info list, which provides a link to all of them.

By the way, a big thanks to all the monks I cited and the many others I did not cite (but I really have to include scrapz, jco310 and Cayzer for their personal help), who make the monk's forum a great place to improve your toon and get a better overall experience from D3 even for noobs/casuals like myself.
Reply Quote
01/02/2013 07:49 PMPosted by BONEYARD
There are three kind of bottles can represent three type of people. First kind is the empty bottle when you shake them it won’t make any sound because it doesn’t have any content in it. Second kind is the bottle that contains full of water when shake them it won’t make any sound either because it’s full. Third kind is the half fool and half empty bottle when you shake them it makes a lot of noises because it’s not full and it just want to make noise. LordRaahl has the full bottle of the knowledge on Monk skills and also he has helped some new monks to get on their feet in this community. However, as a Jedi Master the choice of words in the monk forum discussion can be improved a bit especially in some of arguments. Having I said that, I have to admit that I enjoyed some of those sparks. Hopefully, we’ll learn something from this incident and together build a better Monk community

Please stop with this !@#$ing jibber-jabber. It embarrasses most of us. For you.

The Star Wars slashfic is over.
Reply Quote
I know a lot of people are sorely tempted to jump on Raahl when he's down, and many can't resist. But I urge each of you to (1) ask yourself whether doing so will help improve the quality of discourse when he returns and (2) not post about his ban or spam his thread if the answer is "no."

And that's all I have to say on that subject. Thank you.

The question I ask myself are:

1) Would Raahl have been respectful enough to not do the same thing?
2) Does Raahl deserve that kind of respect?

My answer to both of those questions is no. That guy was an !@# clown, he got what he deserved, and I'm glad his thread got unstickied because of it. If he didn't want people talking about his boorish behavior while he was banned, he shouldn't have acted like such a #$%& in the first place and gotten himself banned. Then we wouldn't have this issue.

That being said, while I might not respect him, I do respect you guys, so if it means that much to you I won't post there anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]