Diablo® III

So, who would find this useful?

Thanks, gents. I'm currently working on incorporating FitL, BoY, and additive damage buffs into the EDPS calculations. I had to stop last night because I was too damn tired to think straight, but I think I've got a good method worked out now. If I wrap it up before my wife and I head out to see "The Hobbit," you'll have it within the next two hours; if not, some time later today.
Reply Quote
Sorry, this has to wait a few hours.
Reply Quote
Spreadsheet now properly account for Faith in the Light's effect on your primary generator (currently assumed to be Thunderclap). It does this by checking whether Beacon of Ytar has been selected and then making the proper adjustments:

1. If you use BoY, you're assumed to have FitL up (random weapon for DWs) 25% of the time.
2. If you don't use it, FitL is assumed up 20% of the time.
3. If you don't use FitL, nothing changes.
4. If you don't dual-wield, FitL accounts only for your main hand.

I may add a drop-down for MH/OH/random, but I might pass for now. If you're killing everything before FitL expires (i.e., with enough time to constantly pick one weapon or the other before activating it), you really don't need this calculation.

The Thunderclap/AOE damage also incorporates additive damage buffs, such as Overawe and Blazing Wrath. Right now, though, you have to enter the total percentage buff manually. I will likely leave it that way so people can be selective about how often they're spamming Overawe, for example.

More later.
Reply Quote
Spreadsheet now properly accounts for all buffs in the SW snapshot and allows dual-wielders to select whether they always snapshot MH, OH, or at random.

http://imgur.com/zkmDN

It's a bit messy at the moment, and I think I might implement it with what I was trying to do in rows 41–43 rather than what I did in rows 28–30. But it now works.

BTW, with the right weapon pair, you don't even have to worry about snapshotting. For example, my FoL/AzT combo provides the following EDPS values:
  • FoL active for SW: 163,228
  • AzT active for SW: 163,099
  • Random weapon active for SW: 163,163

So, with this pair of weapons and my current gear, making sure the FoL is active when I activate SW is clearly not worth the hassle. Things change a little bit if I switch the AzT to my EF, however:
  • FoL active for SW: 178,735
  • EF active for SW: 183,707
  • Random weapon active for SW: 181,221

The important comparison is the EF against the random weapon, not the FoL. If I never look at the active weapon, I'll average 181,221 EDPS, so readying the EF each time is worth only about 1.4%. More accurately, it's worth an extra 2.8% half the time; the other half the time, the EF is ready anyway.

More later. Football calls!
Reply Quote
View profile
01/06/2013 09:18 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
More later. Football calls!

Who're you rootin for? My team already played and won yesterday :D
Reply Quote
Put $20 on the Ravens, gave 8 points to our marketing head with the caveat that we'd push if the Colts covered with a late score and never got the ball back with a chance to win. I'm not a big Ravens fan; I just think the Colts were incredibly lucky this year.

Seattle-Washington is the game I've been looking forward to all week. RG3 led my keeper team to my third title this year, but I love watching Seattle's Russell Wilson, too.
Edited by Vrkhyz#1472 on 1/6/2013 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Yeah this rookie match up was what I was really looking forward this week too. I figured we'd beat the Vikings so I wasn't too worried and the game ended up not being that competitive anyways. Of course, this is looking pretty one sided so far too. I'm from Madison so I've been rootin for Russell for over 2 years now, despite the "fail Mary" fiasco I've still been quietly (since around here Seattle is not something you bring up lightly lol) cheering them on.

If coming in to the weekend you said Houston-Cincinnati would be the only one possession game I would've lost that bet badly XD
Reply Quote
@stan: Less football, more this!

This looks amazing Vrk, don't have the time to read the whole OP atm but I definitely will tomorrow and leave a more detailed response.
Reply Quote
Yeah this rookie match up was what I was really looking forward this week too. I figured we'd beat the Vikings so I wasn't too worried and the game ended up not being that competitive anyways. Of course, this is looking pretty one sided so far too. I'm from Madison so I've been rootin for Russell for over 2 years now, despite the "fail Mary" fiasco I've still been quietly (since around here Seattle is not something you bring up lightly lol) cheering them on.

If coming in to the weekend you said Houston-Cincinnati would be the only one possession game I would've lost that bet badly XD

I'm still angry at Seattle after they "beat" Green bay.
Reply Quote
View profile
LOL. Yeah I'm terribly forgetful XD

I haven't got around to posting the item condition priority post I've been working on either which I said I'd have up by last night lol...hopefully tomorrow I can finally finish it, its still only like half done XD

With that said, heres a few questions and comments:

01/02/2013 07:14 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
http://imgur.com/qClO8

Here you showed that you've added the option to compare multiple items in one slot. Is there any way to add (or maybe you already did, and its just below where the screenshot shows?) it so that you can see before and after paper figures for stats for each item? Like instead of the dexterity fields showing 170, 98, 176, 170, and 87 it would be like 2170 (170), 2098 (98), 2176 (176), 2170 (170), and 2087 (87). So you'd be able to see your total and how much is being added.

http://imgur.com/bM8d3

This looks great :D Just wondering, will this section be able to factor in every combination of skills possible for snapshotting? Like in your example its one skill + passive. Could we check Foresight + Combination Strike with it?

LOL nevermind... I hadn't even got to the second page and I see in post #24 you answered the question I just asked. Yet another function you're adding that I've never seen anywhere else. This is the kind of theorycrafting that I really love. The opportunity cost stuff, where you find whether doing certain things is worth it or not.

http://imgur.com/WH1vZ

This is what I was really looking forward to. I've preferred using spreadsheets (dunno why) over websites so far while playing D3. I like the little touches you added like making the modifier for AD 0.5 instead of 1 which makes comparing items one step simpler, and showing how much based on each stat, each type of damage will contribute.

What you're doing with skill damage seems like the next step in the evolution of D3 stat calculation. Its really sweet, I can't wait till you're done. But at the same time, don't rush it, make it as close to perfect as you can!
Reply Quote
Thanks, stan. I know what you mean about finding time. (See "Under the Hood: Mystic Ally.") To answer your questions:

Here you showed that you've added the option to compare multiple items in one slot. Is there any way to add (or maybe you already did, and its just below where the screenshot shows?) it so that you can see before and after paper figures for stats for each item? Like instead of the dexterity fields showing 170, 98, 176, 170, and 87 it would be like 2170 (170), 2098 (98), 2176 (176), 2170 (170), and 2087 (87). So you'd be able to see your total and how much is being added.

I haven't done that, in part because the live shot is controlled via the Armor tab, not the individual item tabs. Really, if you want to see the new stats, you could just click the Character Sheet worksheet, but the real comparison is on the Snapshot worksheet, which shows a live shot of your selections.

http://i.imgur.com/bM8d3h.jpg

This is really what your character is—it's what the DEX, VIT, DPS, etc., actually mean. If you want to compare a couple choices, you'd make your selections, check the Snapshot worksheet, click the Copy Snapshot button, and compare a couple sets of gear/skill selections. That said, I've found the need to switch worksheets somewhat limiting, so I might add a copy of the snapshot view to the top of each tab, thereby allowing you to see changes in real time without switching worksheets. Probably not gonna make the beta release, though.

This looks great :D Just wondering, will this section be able to factor in every combination of skills possible for snapshotting? Like in your example its one skill + passive. Could we check Foresight + Combination Strike with it?

Yep, as you've noticed, you'll be able to enter all kinds of combinations. In my screen shot of the Snapshot worksheet, I labeled the lines "FitL, Beacon of Ytar" and "Fire Ally, Pacifism," but that was just shorthand for me—I know I'm carrying Thunderclap, Quicksilver, Serenity (some rune), Cyclone, Hard Target, STI, and OWE by default, so those descriptions simply help me distinguish the two sets of skills.

This is what I was really looking forward to. I've preferred using spreadsheets (dunno why) over websites so far while playing D3. I like the little touches you added like making the modifier for AD 0.5 instead of 1 which makes comparing items one step simpler, and showing how much based on each stat, each type of damage will contribute.

Those formulas aren't 100% accurate at the moment, but they will be eventually. I need to retweak the formulas because CHC isn't linear. Not sure how I'm going to handle that yet, but I'll figure something out. Might shelve that for the initial release, though. Column D on that worksheet is a scratchpad, though—you can adjust several stats at once to compare them to your current stats without changing any of your gear selections.

I'm pretty sure I've seen sites that adjust your DPS based on certain skills you want to enable, but I don't think I've seen one that allows you to compare two sets directly with just a few clicks. That's what I'm aiming for here.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/06/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
I'm pretty sure I've seen sites that adjust your DPS based on certain skills you want to enable, but I don't think I've seen one that allows you to compare two sets directly with just a few clicks. That's what I'm aiming for here.

Yeah thats what I meant. Thats what I'm really interested in, because theres still a few skills I'm still kind of undecided on. Mainly Air Ally vs. Blazing Wrath and Fleet Footed vs. Beacon. Obviously the latter is something I alone will have to make the call on, but if I choose Air Ally over Blazing Wrath theres a good chance I might pick Fleet Footed since Beacon's usefulness gets reduced. I'm REALLY loving Guiding Light though. The week's worth of time it took me to regear out of OWE was totally worth it imo :D
Reply Quote
Holy crap!
How did I miss this thread. Glad I did though, because I would've been spending the last few days wishing for the product. Looks amazing through the screenies Vrkhyz!!
Reply Quote
I've incorporated the Templar's Heal, Loyalty, Inspire, and Guardian skills, as well as the Scoundrel's Anatomy skill. (The Scoundrel's Hysteria skill, like the Enchantress's Erosion skill, can't be calculated in concrete terms.)
Reply Quote
Fantastic work, this is absolutely amazing. I've really enjoyed being able to get real data not just "some information".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]