Diablo® III

Old VQ vs CM

They are literally inverses or each other.

Old VQ - have no cd available... spam massive dmg spells.

CM - spam little dmg spells... have cd available ALL THE TIME.

AND YET BLIZZARD THOUGHT THAT BECAUSE WE ALL USED VQ IT NEEDED TO BE NERFED.

Well... guess what? ALL WIZARDS USE CM.

So I guess my point is...

WHY?

WHY?

WHY DID YOU PUNISH US, and REWARD THE WICKED WIZARDS OF THE WEST?!

What did we do to not be able to use bears and ac TOGETHER.... To not be able to use PtV EVER... to not know what its like to use FETISH SYNCOPATES.

You said you did the nerf in the name of "build diversity"...

WHAT BUILD DIVERSITY.

Just decided to post this since no one on the blizz side will ever address this topic. I just wanted to put that out there cause its the truth and really bothers me.

Seriously. I have to use 3 passives and a skill (SW) to keep up my mana - none of which adds ANYTHING to my dps.

While wiz spam 4 buttons over and over and over with any combination of dps skill they want and its...

GG.

ps- i am not an advocate of nerfs, but we live in an eye for an eye world here, and frankly, you made us blind... locked us up... and tossed away the key.

Well, I want REDEMPTION.
Reply Quote
View profile
+1 for the beautiful combination of truth and theatricality :D
Reply Quote
View profile
i dont think blizz ever looks at wd forum.

sad.. just sad
Reply Quote
i dont think blizz ever looks at wd forum.

sad.. just sad

Beat me to it. I don't think I've EVER seen a blue comment in WD forum.
Reply Quote
cm wiz would be nerfed by now if blizz found out people mass-using it in earlier patches, but now theyre too [w]ussy to change it because each nerf angers people and they quit.

but I digress, let's cry about old VQ 20 more times. maybe they'll bring it back. especially since they're reading this forum 24/7
Reply Quote
oh no it's like the hellfire nerf all over sayga is on a tear. I do miss the old vq though it was a fun way to play.
Reply Quote
bump for justice.
Reply Quote
new to wd, so what was the "old VQ"? and im assuming we are talking about Vision Quest
Reply Quote
the old VQ gave 300% mana return, but required 4 of your skills to be "on cooldown." While the 300% part was awesome, keeping skills on CD was a little lame. This usually meant (for most players) to have 5 spells with CD's with one "attack" spell. This meant some defensive cooldowns, which should be "saved" for certain moments, would be blown earlier for the mana return. Typically people went with 5 CD spells to keep "Spirit Form" (the skill name now eludes me) off CD for those "OH SHOOT" moments.
Reply Quote
It wasn't lame at all. People just didn't and still don't really understand the proper synergy for WD spells. You shouldn't have multiple attacks spells that replicate the same function (as many people do) they dumbed it down. It allowed you to use defensive spells, dots, pets, and CC, to trigger cool downs so you can spam your main attacks during the course of the cool downs. Now people just stupidly stack spells that have no synergy with each other because they were to lame to figure out how it worked and QQ'd.. The old VQ specs still work better the most of the random specs I see people use and that's even without the use of VQ.

Grasp, Bears/Bats/Acid, Horrify, Spirit Walk, Hex/BBV/Pet, and Soul Harvest Are still some of the strongest combos available. It has everything you need. DPS boost, Defensive boosts, Crowd Control, Big Damage attacks, and speed.

If you didn't want to use it, you could always have used GI, GF, BR, ROE, or SA for mana. It was an option that too many people didn't understand because they don't take the time to figure out how their characters work only copy other peoples specs.
Edited by Brahm#1943 on 12/15/2012 12:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump cause I agree and this game is gay
Reply Quote
I just want a on hit/crit mechanic that regens resources like every other class in the game. Its pretty frustrating that one of the 4 dps stats in the game is off limits without taking muliple pure regen skills to counter the increased mana usage.

Lets look at how a few of the other classes perform with resources -

Mage - get APOC on gear
Int - adds dps and res all
CD - adds dps, scales with CC
CC - adds dps, scales with CD, regens resources
IAS - adds dps, regens resource faster if primary is used

DH - Get hatred/s on gear (similar to WD)
Dex - adds dps and dodge
CD - adds dps, scales with CC
CC - adds dps, scales with CD, adds Discipline on crit (with passive)
IAS - adds dps, regens resource faster from primaries (most DH's use one)

Monk and Barb are very similar, the faster they attack the more resources they get back.

For WD, IAS actally only decreases resources, there is no added benefit other than dps. There is 1 or 2 exceptions for specific runes such as widowmakers in conjuction with VQ and BR, and SB in conjunction with RoE and BR. Only problem with that is that you need to use 2 passive slots just to make 1 skill generate mana instead of deplete it.
Reply Quote
After thinking about it, it wouldnt even be hard, jsut change our 4 piece zuni from 10 mana per kill to 10 mana per crit... lets be honest, that isnt op bliz, only thing ima hit more than 10 mobs at a time with is AC, with AR rune and im already not running out of mana with that with GI and ToTD. Ubers that jsut give us 20-30 POSSIBLE mana back per bear spam, and if we factor CC % than its only 10-15 bc most people only run 50 or so CC(yes osme have 60+) and in most cases only 2 bears hit, aside fomr SB/Gnom who are both so huge that you cant not hit them with 3 bears
Reply Quote
Yeah, old VQ was the nuts. It still bugs me that other WD either didn't like it, or worse still, could not learn to play it effectively and thus called for a change.

Go back and read the old threads... most of the people who loved the new VQ are long gone. It's still hard to believe there were people who did not understand how much of a nerf it was.

If only they had followed the suggestion of increased % per cooldown, instead of all-or-nothing 300% at 4. That would have been so sweet. I don't think Blizzards designers/developers understand this class at all.
Reply Quote
We can't use the great gear and the great weapon because we need mana regen to be able to play.I found a 180 int and 4.5cri chance Mempo helm which boost my dps 10k but I can't use because "must have" Zuni set bonus.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 03:38 PMPosted by SayGa
but we live in an eye for an eye world here

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
Reply Quote
12/15/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Pingpong
We can't use the great gear and the great weapon because we need mana regen to be able to play.I found a 180 int and 4.5cri chance Mempo helm which boost my dps 10k but I can't use because "must have" Zuni set bonus.
Just switch your Serpent to a Zuni String with 14 mana regen. Problem solved.

I echo SayGa's sentiment otherwise though.
Reply Quote
Gotta love SayGa's posts...lol. I always agree with him.
Reply Quote
Vision Quest - "Your mana regeneration while moving is increased by 20%+X%, where X is equal to the movement speed increases provided by your items and skills."

What do you all think? Sure as hell fits the name of the skill like this.
Reply Quote
only if they make CoB castable while moving =P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]