Diablo® III

new paragon bonus...

12/17/2012 04:31 PMPosted by LethalSeraph
The majority of the players just think that 0-pickup radius is ridiculous, we need at least 1.

I agree, THEN BUY PICKUP RADIUS GEAR!!! Are you blind? Did you read what the CM just said?
Reply Quote
I actually recently posted concerning pickup radii [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]here[/url], and I highly recommend checking out that particular thread.

In short: we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc. We do appreciate the feedback, though!

Good, please don't add passive pickup radius. Make people actually utilize this "useless" stat. Pickup radius is something you earn.
Reply Quote
This is such a troll post...We need to buy gear to cover up your design flaws? don't make me laugh...Increase gold pickup range by 1 yard or so and we might consider picking it up.Your horrible coding results in having to run over piles of gold multiple times to actually pick it up.

Here's an idea: buy pickup radius gear. I know, revelations.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 04:57 PMPosted by TheFunGun21
The majority of the players just think that 0-pickup radius is ridiculous, we need at least 1.

I agree, THEN BUY PICKUP RADIUS GEAR!!! Are you blind? Did you read what the CM just said?

LOL @ my GI+GF stacking WD. :)
Reply Quote
i agree add some dang radiiiiii
Reply Quote
Having a permanent radius tied to paragon level would interfere with many players game play techniques. Sometimes having too large a pickup gets you killed too often as it slurps up health balls at the wrong time.

I personally like a larger radius but my friend likes a smaller one and it's got to do with play styles. So when I team up with him I need to drop back my radius so he doesnt die so often.

Having radius included into paragon level would be counter productive.

How about having a LUCK OF DROP LEVEL included? More luck NOT magic, many games have LUCK for drops included in items. So why not have paragon rewarded with LUCK instead?
Reply Quote
have been thinking about pick up radius recently as well. I found that sometimes even when I run over the gold it wouldn't pick it up... have to run over it a few times.

Also, when opening chests and flipping corpses, the gold that drops directly under your feet should be picked up automatically instead of us having to move away and back to pick it up.... its annoying...
Reply Quote
I actually recently posted concerning pickup radii [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]here[/url], and I highly recommend checking out that particular thread.

In short: we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc. We do appreciate the feedback, though!

please do tell us....how do we find the best loot? nothing ive done yet seems to work....i think you are a fibber. 600% mf nothing, 50 mf nothing, 350 mf nothing....so please do enlighten me on how to find "good" loot even.
Reply Quote

There's a difference between a choice of having extra pickup radius and it simply being broken. This suggestion however, I dislike. What I do want, is a default 1-2 radius or it gets fixed. You have to be completely precise as to where you walk if you want to grab anything, which I find ridiculous. I would never remove my 7 pickup radius, but without it, it's like I am trying to grab gold with my hands greased down in butter.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 12/17/2012 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
There should be much better bonuses for paragon level as any mf or pickup radius. For example spells synergies, spell skills... but its hard to understand blizzard brain in this game when he thinks that this is possible in diablo 3 game: "we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc. We do appreciate the feedback, though!"

At least... maybe game will be as good as diablo 2 was in 20 years by this speed. No basic pvp in open world after 1 year, no simple patch reports as "in 1.0.7 will be changed itemization, stats, crafting", itemization and stats are total low and in bad way, reward system and motivation in progress is so low as paragon level as killing bosses, he wants remove magic find one of the shinest stat in Diablo 2....see progress of other games (poe, tl) and there you can see what blizzard does for his community of players...
Edited by zobudeny#2800 on 12/17/2012 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Pickup radius affects some skills, and so it isn't something they can hand out like that.

It'll be nice if the base pickup radius was bit bigger, since there's still a few spots in which things may drop out of reach, and I wouldn't mind having something like a new gem, Sapphires, adding pickup radius when put in the head or something like that, but I don't see the need to give it by default with character progression.
Reply Quote

Nobody weighs the option people just ignore gold pick up radius gear and in frustration skip piles of gold.
Reply Quote
And blizz
12/17/2012 05:33 PMPosted by zobudeny
We do appreciate the feedback, though!"

You got example from one of the best rpg game in the world Diablo 2... There is much better feedback, but y... you dont want diablo series. You think, that you can make your game in the name of Diablo, but you cant.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Vaeflare
we like that there are different itemization choices

Because the different itemization frustrates players and points them to the AH/RMAH and other ways to get their gear not from drops.

12/17/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Vaeflare
players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc. We do appreciate the feedback, though!

High DPS = High Drop Late = High Chance in Getting Best Loot = Efficiency.

Quite a lot of options there...

Also interesting how this is a copy/paste post, not that I doubt Vaeflare reading the whole thread and not just the title/top post...
Reply Quote
problem getting pickup radius, is can you find the right gear.
I have lost what I had and do miss having it, but that said, its a decision you make when equipping items.
I think it comes back to the question of useable drops and the quality of what we get with item stats.
Reply Quote
+1 all ress for each paragon lvl?
Reply Quote
Seperate Health globes and gold pickup.

Allow clicking on gold to pick it up. ATM if you click on gold you run close to it, but you don't pick it up and if you are near an item you pick it up instead, usually it is a white item that you have to take the time to throw away.

this
Reply Quote
You people are ridiculous.

Stop crying about EVERY. LITTLE. DETAIL. in this game... it's seriously annoying.

Forreal though, how hard is it to get ONE piece of gear with pickup radius? Or will losing 430 dps and 10 vita be just TOO MUCH to handle?

Personally, I farm with 53 pickup radius on my WD. My monk farms with 19. You'd be AMAZED at how much gold you can collect per run with this stat. Currently, I bank about 500-750k gold per hour on MP0... at the same time getting about 4-9 legendaries per day.

Haters gonna hate, but really... pickup radius is fine. It makes it a desirable stat and increases itemization diversity. A mediocre item is just that... A mediocre item. However, if you add pickup radius to that same item, it'll become much more valuable. There is a reason for this.

Two types of players in this game:

1. Players who adapt and gear to be as efficient as possible (getting some pickup radius isn't going to kill you, even if you lose 200 ranks on DiabloProgress OH NO!!!)

2. Players who stick their head in the sand while screaming and shouting at blizzard to fix something that ISN'T BROKEN.

----------------------

TLDR:

Quit whining and get some pickup radius on your gear. You'd be amazed how much faster you can farm without having to run around for gold. Losing 20 ranks on DiabloProgress or dropping by 500 dps isn't the end of the world... but it sure will help your efficiency!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]