Diablo® III

new paragon bonus...

I hate the paragon pickup radius handout idea. But I do think you should raise the base by 1 yard so it's a little more consistent.
Reply Quote
+0.1 Pickup radius per paragon level will be great.
Reply Quote
i dont care now if it ill come pickupradius to paragon lvl cuz im using a leorics signet whit pickupradius now but i think it whould have been fun if we got another stat insted like some all res and IAS
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Drazer1991
do u think Blizzard will ever give u a bonus to the pickup radius for your paragon levels. not by much, say... 0.1 or even 0.05 so by the time u hit 100 u have either a +10 or +5 to pickup radius

Please consider other players when repeating this request.

I purposely avoid PUR because I want the health globe mechanic to actually work as designed.
As a stationary melee in high MPs, even with the minimum PUR I soak up globes as they drop, when I don't need them, leaving none for when my follower, team mates or myself needs them.

That said, in order to maintain this 0 PUR for globes, I leave most gold on the floor as I just can not be bothered with running over the top of it 3 or 4 times and the damned stuff is still freekin' there.

Stupid twin affix is stupid when one is a bonus and one negates a design.
Stupid 'fix' to D2 click on gold is stupid when you often wan't to be able to click on it.

Declaring that these are game improvements that give choices is stupid, it's another badly designed part of the game, ill thought out, frustrating and limiting.
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 12/18/2012 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
I absolutely don't want my pickup radius to increase with my paragon levels. I do agree that if you want to have pickup, then just gear up for it.

I don't agree with how right now you can literally spin circles on gold for a few seconds before you can pick it up.
Reply Quote
I like to belly flop onto my pile. Short arms dont matter then!
Reply Quote
I actually recently posted concerning pickup radii [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]here[/url], and I highly recommend checking out that particular thread.

In short: we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc. We do appreciate the feedback, though!

The majority of the players just think that 0-pickup radius is ridiculous, we need at least 1.

This
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh305/HideInLight/ZeroRadius.jpg
Issue comes in to play when you try picking it up with your side, latency might be playing a part in this, since it's really hard to stop in front of the gold pile, looking at it without picking it up. But like in that screenshot, I can actually stand right next to it when I don't look directly at it.

If i had another weapon equipped, the stance would of changed and I would actually be touching it. Same for if I were attacking.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 12/18/2012 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In short: we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc. We do appreciate the feedback, though!

Except aren't you guys always talking about not making skills/stats mandatory to play? You're essentially doing that, as pickup radius 0 makes the game essentially unplayable since the model hitboxes never seem to be where they look like they are.
Reply Quote
I actually stick with a yellow pair of shoulder because i refuse to pay for pick up on vile wards, and i refused to play without it. I refuse to play without it because its simply not enough to run over the gold, i have to circle it 3 or 4 times until it picks up. Another seemingly unpolished part of the game.
Reply Quote
theres plenty of gear slots that can roll pickup radius, get one damn piece people. And not all classes/builds like to have a ton of pickup radius, you know you may actually need a health globe instead of just picking them up cuz theres sh1t on the ground to click on.
Reply Quote
I actually recently posted concerning pickup radii [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]here[/url], and I highly recommend checking out that particular thread.

I appreciate your feedback on this matter and I think pick-up radius should be left as it is. If players want more, then we should find an item or two with that stat -- that's simple enough. Truth is, sometimes I want to stategically leave that globe alone on the field until I really need to pick it up when my HP is low.
Reply Quote
Adding a tiny amount of pickup radius to prevent people from running around a piece of gold seems reasonable. Adding pickup radius from paragon levels is silly. For one, there are people who don't want the radius so they can conserve health globes. Also, there are already precious few stats that people actually want on gear. This game already has few enough gear choices as it is.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Vaeflare
In short: we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

...which is why you moved Magic find and Gold find off gear and onto paragon levels.

I wish Blizzard representatives would stop making replies such as this. If you do not want to implement a particular suggestion then please just say so. Making appeals to some larger concept about design philosophy, when you've already gone against said design philosophy, is just disheartening, from a fan perspective.

Blizzard: "Fans complained about MF / GF gear itemization, so we're moving MF and GF onto paragon levels in order to diminish the need to gear for magic and gold find."

Fans: "Hey, we don't like gearing for pickup radius, could you move it onto paragon levels?"

Blizzard: "We want players to have to make choices and sacrifice some stats for others."

There's no overall design philosophy behind that sequence of events. It's just random appeasement mixed with random denial. And that's fine. If they implemented every single fan request the game would cease to function, and there are finite changes they can make. I'm entirely on board with Blizzard saying "no" to some suggestions.

I just wish they would say "no" rather than try to fabricate some underlying reason for the "no" that contradicts a previous design they implemented.
Edited by Quidfacis#1669 on 12/18/2012 6:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 yd Gold PuR/10 levels seems like an fairly reasonable compromise. I don't think anyone would NOT want that.
Reply Quote
In short: we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc.

...which is why you moved Magic find and Gold find off gear and onto paragon levels.

I wish Blizzard representatives would stop making replies such as this. If you do not want to implement a particular suggestion then please just say so. Making appeals to some larger concept about design philosophy, when you've already gone against said design philosophy, is just disheartening, from a fan perspective.

Blizzard: "Fans complained about MF / GF gear itemization, so we're moving MF and GF onto paragon levels in order to diminish the need to gear for magic and gold find."

Fans: "Hey, we don't like gearing for pickup radius, could you move it onto paragon levels?"

Blizzard: "We want players to have to make choices and sacrifice some stats for others."

There's no overall design philosophy behind that sequence of events. It's just random appeasement mixed with random denial. And that's fine. If they implemented every single fan request the game would cease to function, and there are finite changes they can make. I'm entirely on board with Blizzard saying "no" to some suggestions.

I just wish they would say "no" rather than try to fabricate some underlying reason for the "no" that contradicts a previous design they implemented.

You speak wise words.

What I find particularly funny in regards to design philosophy and the contradiction of it, however, is that the whole design of a dual pickup stat being required in order to pickup gold effectively; actually completely nullified the whole design philosophy for health globes and static melee combat.
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 12/18/2012 6:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Exile
Can you at least make it so our guy doesn't run around with T-rex arms? FFS you have to run over gold 3 times with no pickup radius, directly over the top of it. Whatever it is now by default just add ONE YARD!

LMAO about the T-rex arms; that visual is priceless. Also, very much agreed. I'm all for choices and itemization, but the current system, especially when the lag spikes hit, could use some work. One yard default would go a long way to remedy me literally running over the same pile 3 times to pick it up.

t-rex arms is how I feel most of the times not that the gold even matters that much anymore its just the point that its ridiculously hard to pick up some times...

P.S. noobs if you don't have like 20k elite kills and 100k dps wait till you get there and start saying that you should have that as one of your stats. lmao no!
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Cerealkiller
No, and they shouldn't

+1
Reply Quote
Take away pickup radius and give these people back their space bar pickup...
Reply Quote
I think Blizz should make paragon levels bonus (MF/GF) inherent to all 5 classes (one character of each class). this way it doesn't feel like we're going backwards whenever we played a different class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]