Diablo® III

new paragon bonus...

90 Pandaren Hunter
12/18/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Neverdone
I think Blizz should make paragon levels bonus (MF/GF) inherent to all 5 classes (one character of each class). this way it doesn't feel like we're going backwards whenever we played a different class.

Agreed. I'd like to play my other chars but going through another 500 hours to get them up in para to match my dh is simply not worth doing when I can just keep farming the dh at full mf and dps.
Reply Quote
yes somehow improve the gameplay experience is somehow asking for an hand-out.
Reply Quote
I actually recently posted concerning pickup radii [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]here[/url], and I highly recommend checking out that particular thread.

In short: we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc. We do appreciate the feedback, though!

itemization choices? When it comes down to it, I won't pay extra to get gold pickup on an item, nor will I sacrifice other stats for it. So there is no choice anyway. Just give us the one yard needed so that we aren't running over the same gold 3 or 4 times. It's almost as if the current radius was chosen to force people into finding a piece of gear with gold pickup.
Reply Quote
[quote]
Edited by Infernii#1202 on 12/28/2012 5:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
.....hey guys

seriously you guys will be stratified with +5 pick up yard bonus? I mean you don't even have a piece with +5~7 yard bonus on you?

I run with 20 yard when farming and if I can get 30 yard I will if I'm playing a range character. The GOLD PICK UP is just a bonus, the pick up yard is use to PICK UP HEALTH GLOBE. If you were wondering way you die so much or why you run out of hatred, mana, and acrane. The problem can be solved by increasing your pickup yard.

rare item can roll 6~8 affix, so you can always find 1 with everything you want on it, unless you are too greedy.
Reply Quote
.....hey guys

seriously you guys will be stratified with +5 pick up yard bonus? I mean you don't even have a piece with +5~7 yard bonus on you?

I run with 20 yard when farming and if I can get 30 yard I will if I'm playing a range character. The GOLD PICK UP is just a bonus, the pick up yard is use to PICK UP HEALTH GLOBE. If you were wondering way you die so much or why you run out of hatred, mana, and acrane. The problem can be solved by increasing your pickup yard.

rare item can roll 6~8 affix, so you can always find 1 with everything you want on it, unless you are too greedy.

You need health globes?
Reply Quote
I actually recently posted concerning pickup radii [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7383848513?page=2#31"]here[/url], and I highly recommend checking out that particular thread.

In short: we like that there are different itemization choices, and that players often have to weigh their options when comparing gear in order to be the most efficient, to have the greatest DPS, to find the best loot, etc. We do appreciate the feedback, though!

Thats all fine in theory but in reality its a mess to deal with. Finding the "perfect" item for your character is hard enough, now add in having that perfect item having pick up radius as well and it just become ridiculous. You want to give us the option, then let us add pickup radius to items that dont have 6 properties to them or let us replace one of the 6 properties with pickup radius.

At the very least change pick up radius(at least on gold) to default to 3-4 yards without items. Having zero pick up radius is an exercise in frustration. Sometimes you can appear to be standing right on a stack of gold without actually picking it up. At least give a few yards of leeway
Reply Quote
thing of the deep 4 LYFE
Reply Quote
lol @ this still being a thread
Reply Quote

Thats all fine in theory but in reality its a mess to deal with. Finding the "perfect" item for your character is hard enough, now add in having that perfect item having pick up radius as well and it just become ridiculous.

(whiney voice) ohhh my goddd....the game is soooo hard. Everything is hard. Its insanely rediculous to expect us to work hard to find perfect gear. Whyy wont you just give it to us?

(normal voice. End satire) you are pathetic. Its kind of sad that you think its rediculous to balance your gear afflixes. This game is 8 year old easy, and you find it rediculously difficult.

Want to talk about pathetic? When someone doesnt agree with you, you directly go to name calling and insulting. I asked them to give us options. If I wanted a pair of gloves with pick up radius of them with the stats I need.. well guess what? They dont exist on the AH right now. I guess I could play mp0 and use noob gloves with pick up radius on them, but if I want to do more challenging things they are going to need resist and other things. If they existed at the stat level 'end game' requires on the AH I'd have them. The challenge of a game isnt in hoping the gear you want has dropped for the one person in the millions that play and putting it on the AH at a reasonable price. If that how you describe "hard" and "easy" then the word 'pathetic' is an ideal word to use. If we need more definition of the word we could always just look at your profile.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 04:31 PMPosted by LethalSeraph
The majority of the players just think that 0-pickup radius is ridiculous, we need at least 1.
+1

bad design. more work and tedium, just like identifying.

blizz you guys just don't get it. :(
Reply Quote
A one yard buff to pickup radius would be wonderful
Reply Quote
So many of you don't get it at all. This isn't about entitlement. I am among the first people to rally against that type of rationale. This isn't saying "Hey I can't be bothered to work this stat on my gear, give it to me for free."

Rather, this is a valid critique of the current state of picking up gold. It simply doesn't work very well. The box is so small that you often have to walk over a pile 2-3 times. I can't imagine this was Blizzard's intent; it would make no sense at all. Giving the gold piles a slightly larger pickup raidus, or, if you prefer to play semantics and call it giving players a default pickup radius of .5-1 yards, seems like a reasonable fix.

Instead of recognizing what is a resonable criticism of a flawed mechanic, many of you are too eager to climb up on your soapbox and decry how whiners ar ruining the game. That's a valid point in some discussions. It's really not too valid here. To remain consistent with that line of reasoning, you'd have to argue that you think repeatedly walking over gold piles (especially during lag spikes) is a desirable gameplay component. Welcome to looking stupid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]