Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

Community Manager
We've recently issued account bans to several thousand Diablo III players who were found to be using botting programs while playing. In addition to undermining the spirit of fair play, botting, hacking, and other forms of cheating can also cause technical problems with the game as well as contribute to performance issues with the Battle.net service. To learn more about our exploitation policy for Diablo III and how it may affect your gameplay, please visit our official support site.

As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and enjoyable online environment for legitimate players is very important to us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed. In the meantime, if you wish to report the possible use of botting programs to Blizzard, please see this thread for more information. (We will also be adding the ability for players to report this kind of behavior directly through the game client in a future patch.)

For questions regarding account actions, please refer to Account Administration.
Reply Quote
I think we are 9 months to late on that. Already messed up economy as I have 150 hours played and picked up only a couple million yet items sell for billions. Even this forum has top 10 posts for someone selling gold. They create a post for selling gold then spam it pushing it to top 10...Only a fraction of people are still playing.

When is the PvP being released that was marketed as included as part of the game...
Edited by ActChill#1909 on 12/18/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Great, although "several thousand" doesn't seem like enough, I hope it is all of them.

PAFisher
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:41 PMPosted by ActChill
I think we are 9 months to late on that.

I don't get it .. what happened in march that required bots to be banned?
Reply Quote
Yay for D3!
Reply Quote
I hope that's a good percentage.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/18/2012 02:41 PMPosted by ActChill

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We haven't been very vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change and improve upon going forward.
Edited by Lylirra on 12/18/2012 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Lylirra

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We simply haven't been as vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change.

we asked for more transparency and this is a start. Thanks Lylirra
Reply Quote
I think you'd better bump it up a notch and find a way to harness the power of all those players who care about the integrity of the game as much as, and in some cases, more so than the people who made it. Ive been writing you guys for a LOOOOOOOONG time back and forth and its been made brutally clear that my efforts are not welcome.

You guys feel free to get in touch with me because Id love to help you out getting rid of stupid losers who just want to cheat and bot and get what they want above all else. im just sick of yapping up your leg like a chihuahua while the game crumbles away all around me.
Reply Quote
Good! Thanks for the info!

Does anyone ever wonder how long these "several thousand" players got away with it?

Here is where the issue lies. If these bans come in "waves", what is to stop the "banned" from going out tonight to buy more copies of d3 and picking up where they left off? Many of them I am sure made enough money to purchase more copies (thanks to the RMAH)

Hopefully blizzards system is up to date to ban immediately when they try this again...
Edited by CuRsEd#1583 on 12/18/2012 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's always great to hear about justice being done, Tyrael would approve.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Anonymous
I've played since launch and this is how I'm re-payed? Banned forever, account gone?

Umm yeah.
Reply Quote
good to hear that! I LOVE YOU BLIZZARD!

bots gtfo... jump out of the window :)
Reply Quote
I am super stoked you guys!
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:51 PMPosted by ActChill
@Padako Bots have been busy working since the start of the game. That is why items cost a billion when most peopel have only picked up a couple million in gold. Basically people who played legit, didnt spend money, didnt dupe, and didnt exploit initial issues like force armor with high regen are in the bottom of the barrel. If the game was balanced for people who played the game properly, 25% of the players would probably be playing MP10 no problem. I would problem have several decent infernal level champs instead of the 1-2 I have.

the game has only been out for 7 months ... hence the confusion.
Reply Quote
I think we are 9 months to late on that. Already messed up economy as I have 150 hours played and picked up only a couple million yet items sell for billions. Even this forum has top 10 posts for someone selling gold. They create a post for selling gold then spam it pushing it to top 10...Only a fraction of people are still playing.

When is the PvP being released that was marketed as included as part of the game...

Give it a rest there bub. 150 hours isn't much and nobody owes you a thing. Why should you expect to find the best gear over people that have been playing for a thousand hours? Put in the time and stop crying. The behind the scenes people are doing a fine job and don't need your BS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]