Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

12/19/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Sinistrial
I know what happens on my account. I believe no one with access to it would use hacks on it and sharing accounts with your spouse or child isnt against EULA.

Sharing account is forbiden and you can get banned for this but it also is dangerous. Several people knows your password and can use your computer possibly without you knowing what they are doing.
You have not been banned out of randomness, there must be a reason for it. If you did not intentionnaly broke Blizzard policy (and you did since you shared account), your computer may have done so without you knowing it because its integrity have been compromised.

If such a thing happened, it's not Blizzard fault. You are responsible of what your computer is doing.
Reply Quote
I like that some botters were banned but the dmg is done. It would have been nice to have seen this happen in late August/early September... but then again, I was hoping to see pvp before Santa came. Hopefully, overtime, the "transparency" will be less opaque. I wonder if they are banning ip #'s or accounts.. I would hope they are blacklisting the IPs.
Reply Quote
Although it is a never ending battle, good job!
Reply Quote
Even if it's not a bannable offense, it still is dangerous since you don't know exactly what was done on your computer and what information may have leaked.
You may know a lot about network safety but I assume that your spouse or your child isn't as weel informed as you are.

12/19/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Sinistrial
If blizzard has banned me, they have made a mistake.

You are then telling that you have been banned out of randomness. You cannot seriously believe that. There are only two possibilities :
1) You purposedly cheated and feign ignorance.
2) Your security have been compromised and your computer "cheated" without your knowing.

Either case, it's your responsability.

P.S : Someone who's fond of network safety doesn't think in it's right mind that 3 person knowing the same password is safe.
Edited by Cognus#2405 on 12/19/2012 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
Next time, ban the multiboxers too plz.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Sinistrial
If my security has been compromised, I'd love nothing more than to know how and why and the details as to what my account did.

So you could enhance the bot for it not to do anymore what got you caught the first time?

There is no reason for you to know with precision what your computer did that got you caught, even if you didn't purposedly cheat.

I want to know and asked for repeatedly: WHEN. WHERE. WHY was this action taken against my account.

And you have been answered repeatedly : You cheated. You let your computer do something unauthorized with the game and since what your computer does is your responsability, you did cheat.

I'm not feigning anything. For the money it costs at Newegg to buy a new copy, if I was guilty, and a botter, and profiting the way I've read about while doing my research into why it could possibly be that they think I'm a bot cuz it made no sense to me, I woulda just bought another damn copy by now.

Not necessarily. It is very common for people getting caught doing something not to take their responsability.
It's also possible that you just want to spread confusion and avenge the humiliation of getting caught.

The fact that you claim your innocence is not a proof that you are. On the contrary it is very plausible that you did cheat intentionnaly.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Sinistrial
We live in a country where we're innocent until proven guilty. Are you telling me that a large company is above the constitution? Above human rights? XD

We also live in a country (actually not the same for you and me but that makes no difference ^^) where almost every criminal in prison claim their innocence.
And you are not sentenced to prison. Neither does playing video games being a "human right", this is becoming ridiculous.

What you ask from Blizzard is them to explain how to improve bots so they won't get caught anymore.
They need to hide that to ensure the integrety of their game.
Reply Quote
We live in a country where we're innocent until proven guilty. Are you telling me that a large company is above the constitution? Above human rights? XD

Ninth Grade Civics fail.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Priest
The point is this: You are allowed to share your account with people in your immediate family. Doing so is not a bannable offense.

Can share to family, no banny banny; for those of you who can't piece together what I'm trying to explain.

Based on this and some other comments of yours I'm going to guess that a child of yours played/plays the account. Have you talked to them about this? Maybe they have an idea on why the account was banned that you're not aware of. If I'm right on you letting family members play your account then try focusing even 10% of what you're putting into this thread and throwing at Blizzard towards talking to whomever else played your account and you may actually get somewhere.
Reply Quote
I find it rather strange how botting was rampant for so long and now that gold has finally reached an all-time low (as low as it can go) Blizzard finally bans people for botting.

If you ask me I think it was part of a plan to allow bots to ruin the value of gold and to allow prices to inflate so much before doing anything about it so it would create a market for gold buying in the rmah before banning the bots.
Reply Quote
I find it rather strange how botting was rampant for so long and now that gold has finally reached an all-time low (as low as it can go) Blizzard finally bans people for botting.

If you ask me I think it was part of a plan to allow bots to ruin the value of gold and to allow prices to inflate so much before doing anything about it so it would create a market for gold buying in the rmah before banning the bots.

good point, could be possible but no supporting evidence
Reply Quote
Well im glad to see ur working on botting.

Now I wish someone would go thru the AH and clean up the mess it made.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]