Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

12/18/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Arreat
So what about the peoples accounts who were banned wrongfully? also no email either and i cant even log into my account that was banned to even say this.... kinda messed up.

You have 96k Elite Kills.. yet level 5 Paragon.. WHAT did you do? O.o

EDIT: I have near 30k only.. but I'm PLevel 66 already. Farmed Gold so much?
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 12/19/2012 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 01:07 PMPosted by captncork
i wouldnt be suprised if bliz knew, or even had a cut.

heh heh yeah, dude. 15%. Have you not ever used the auction house? It's not a conspiracy if it's in print on every single transaction.
Reply Quote
it doesnt matter and they banned legit players too because they clearly cant figure out who isbotting and not! IM glad i got 2 keys but losing one for no reason sucks and know i will not be recieving money back or account reinstated.. Blizzard you have ost your way it really sucks and i hope you dont lose the people that will continue to play because this game is not diablo anymore Money seems to be the only driving matter now with the AH!! Good luck i hope future patches come with better updates and keep the integrity of this game because its realy not the "botting" that is ruining it even though alot of NEW diablo players may think so.
Reply Quote
thumbs up, no wonder I got some good drops last night lol
Reply Quote
Can I have his items?
Reply Quote
Diablo III... just the BEST example how to "improve" a game into the wrong directions
How was it for Diablo 2 ?

Closed Battle.net = No Cheating, Hacking or Modding alowed
Account bann here means only you lose all your Characters but you can create a new account and start over without the Game becomming unplayable.

Open Battle.net = FFA

Offline and LAN = People can play the Game how ever it is fun to them anyways.

What do they have now ? Enforced Online Play, STASI like Big Brother Controls and Accountbanns that acctualy rob their customers of the 50 Bugs they payed for the Game since it becomes unplayable without an Account. Applaud and Welcome to the "better" new world.
Reply Quote
I just wanted to say thank you for banning a lot of bots. It is much appreciated that you're doing something to stop cheating like this.
Reply Quote
It takes 3 days or so for a new account to clear and like 3 more after that for RMAH to be used so I would say that they may be on top of things somewhat. Also not sure but if you buy a copy of D3 and it is just sitting around they should be able to tell when it was sold and when it used for the first time.
Reply Quote
Can you see if an account is banned via the user profile in the forums?

@Arreat: you should have asked with another account.. 96k Elite kills and just Hell. Yeah, 4 sure :D
Edited by thE#2970 on 12/20/2012 5:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
Can you see if an account is banned via the user profile in the forums?

@Arreat: you should have asked with another account.. 96k Elite kills and just Hell. Yeah, 4 sure :D

Well.. who knows right? Maybe he did just farmed up for Gold.. and never bothered with Acts 2 to 4.
Reply Quote
In my opinion, people who "cheat" should not be banned with their accounts deleted... They still paid for the game, they should still be allowed to play it, only, in Single Player by themselves, without being able to use the auction house and without being able to host/join games. They wouldn't be hurting anyone else if they cheat in Single Player without their account having the ability to interact with anyone else.

Additionally, I believe that we should be able to have separate characters for playing offline only, so that people who have an unstable internet or no internet at all will still be able to play the game they paid for. Would also be nice simply so people would have something to do during all of the constant maintenance that always seems to fall during the times of day that I'm able to play the game, or the ridiculous 10-hour maintenance.

Still, good job on taking care of the issue, it's better they be banned, than for nothing to happen to them at all, as the auction house market economy does get ruined by botters.
Edited by TLIoInferno#1551 on 12/20/2012 6:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/20/2012 03:56 AMPosted by Kuddel
Account bann here means only you lose all your Characters but you can create a new account and start over without the Game becomming unplayable.

"only" loose some lvl 99ers....

and i see some red lines under some of ur words....
Reply Quote
Thanks for bot banning, Blizz. It must have really hurt them, hence all those QQ threads.
Reply Quote
I love all the guys who have a mysterious "second" account that got banned while their primary account is still clean coming in here and saying they weren't botting, obviously you were, just not on your main account.
Reply Quote
ho ho ho Yes! very impressive. Good job and next step... maybe items dupe ?
Reply Quote
I think the company action is slow and late as always.The game is in shambles for players.I no longer even try to log on.Items are bad and whatever is on gah is way overpriced.Your actions toward botters and hackers is known worldwide for not caring and letting the damage go on too long to fix.

You made this mess and now you see the fallout for ignoring it for sooo long.Enjoy what is left of a game that had potential.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Lylirra
While I'm not about to reveal how we identify exploitative behavior in Diablo III (and understandably so), "playing a lot" is not criteria enough to merit an account action for botting.

Not true when it comes to the AH. You can get banned for spending too much time scanning the AH especially when you increment the buyout amount every search to get fresh results. I would do this for 5-6 hours a day and I think they thought I was a bot even though I took frequent breaks. I also have a buddy that was seemingly banned for no reason. I've been checking the forums every once in awhile in hopes they would recognize these false positives and reverse them. Until then I'm done playing.
Edited by Findog#1622 on 12/20/2012 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Logged in just to say thank you. We appreciate it alot. And to those who cheat, I just want to say you deserved it you pathetic excuse of a human being.
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 11:18 PMPosted by Chrizzle
So what about the peoples accounts who were banned wrongfully? also no email either and i cant even log into my account that was banned to even say this.... kinda messed up.

You have 96k Elite Kills.. yet level 5 Paragon.. WHAT did you do? O.o

EDIT: I have near 30k only.. but I'm PLevel 66 already. Farmed Gold so much?

Some people played alot before they added paragon....
Reply Quote
alright a ban wave!! :D i spammer hasnt added my in days ... SAID NO ONE EVER

screw the botters ... get rid of the damn spammers ... !@#$ers are annoying
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]