Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

I think you'd better bump it up a notch and find a way to harness the power of all those players who care about the integrity of the game as much as, and in some cases, more so than the people who made it. Ive been writing you guys for a LOOOOOOOONG time back and forth and its been made brutally clear that my efforts are not welcome.

You guys feel free to get in touch with me because Id love to help you out getting rid of stupid losers who just want to cheat and bot and get what they want above all else. im just sick of yapping up your leg like a chihuahua while the game crumbles away all around me.

Wow...get a life.
Reply Quote

Understand, the Botting program makers are just as talented and diligent at making them work and be undetectable as Blizz is about catching them, and we are at hating them.

My concern, and probably multiplying to the difficulty since Activision probably has more Lawyers on staff than CS personnel, is about the monies profited doing it, legalities involved, and Blizzard's commissions from sales by them. On a banned account, IE, the monies involved that Blizz collected 15% commisions on (We know they track that closely, for IRS purposes......), would not that commission money NOW belong BACK to the purchasers? Not to be a Debbie-Downer here, but it is profiteering from illicit activity that you yourself know about and recognize now......... Let alone any item purchaser's rightful claim for all the information known about the owners of the banned accounts that profited off oof them, to persue their rights?

This guy just brought up the only thing that matters. Botters in a game built in a way that allows you to make real money was completely predictable...

Is Blizzard returning their 15% share of all the money these scammers made??

Nope, because those 15% cuts are the whole point of the game arent they? It was designed around that 15% cut.

For me you guys are scammers too, not just the botters. Filling your pockets off of this...

I double-dare you to have the balls to reply to this
Edited by Zasz#2735 on 12/20/2012 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Karma2Burn
Wow. It took longer for blizzard to ban a few botters than it did for my wife to create and deliver our baby. Blizzard that is pathetic.

Well, here, think of it this way. We (even botters) all paid 50, 60 or 100$ for this game. Blizzard bans are permanent. Would you really want to falsely lose your account with no recourse? Personally I'm happy they took their time to make sure the ones "caught" were real botters. Could they have done it sooner? Sure. There are some players who play 10+ hours a day, some even more. I'm glad I'm not doing that anymore, but there was definitely a time in D2 that I was. So you can't just ban for time on; assuming its not 24/7. Some (actual humans) run the same exact run over and over again, using the same wp's, etc. So it might not be so easy to just assume someone who makes a game and does the same run is botting.

On the plus side, I don't see too many posts stating "you banned me but I wasn't botting" so it seems they did a good job getting some of a major botters. In the long run, botters will never go away though, so in truth, they should be a bit more agressive. Reading some of the botting forms, it seems about 1/2 of the users were "caught" Couldn't distinguish if it was random or a particular run, time online, or what; but lots of them lost their main and some secondary accounts.
Reply Quote
+1 Blizzard
Keep up the good work and don't let the entitlement trolls get you down. D3 is a great game.
Reply Quote
thank you blizzard keep up the great awesome work :D
Reply Quote
This was really good read!! Thank you Blizzard and keep up good work! 8)
Reply Quote
This...should not be a sticky. There are many guides and player ideas that could be stickied instead.
Reply Quote
4 positve posts in a row. Rare roll. Good job bliz!
Reply Quote
Eh almost good roll any way.
Reply Quote
I'm pleased on them banning in waves but I hope they don't wait til another 2-3 months to do it again. What I want is the banning to be continuous so botters won't have open window time to accumulate their wealth to sell before another mass ban.
Reply Quote
Maybe they can fix the whole situation of items selling by the billions of billions by 1st lowering the maximum amount of gold an item can be sold for, maybe for a period of time or just forever. How is anyone going to get those kind of gold without playing 24/7 a day, 7 days a week, 4 weeks a month, 12 months a year to get those insane amount of gold to just buy one upgrade that cost biliions of billions just for +3000 damage or +1% crit chance???
!"#$%&'()0
just lower the cap to something reasonable. This is not MMO or playing Monopoly for god's sake. I thought they should prioritize Item finding experience and Ah second.
This D3 is totally the opposite of it.
!"#$%&'()0
==;;;

Any blues care to comment on this?
Or can any blues or Jay Wilson or any dev that are playing the game tell me they actually managed to get that much gold on their own (in game Gold pickup, not selling items on gold AH, no RMAH, no items flipping.)?????
I really , really doubt that. =.=;;;
Edited by TenJou#1278 on 12/20/2012 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
12/20/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Ketchup
I'm pleased on them banning in waves but I hope they don't wait til another 2-3 months to do it again. What I want is the banning to be continuous so botters won't have open window time to accumulate their wealth to sell before another mass ban.
They do it in 2-3 month interrvals because it gives the bots a long of time period to make significant profits, meanwhile blizzard is making their 15% cuts off every rmah transaction along the way...

When it comes to ban wave time, they know the botters will have enough income saved up from the 2-3 months to be able to buy new accounts after the bans go out.

It's a never ending process and a win/win for both sides...

This will never end until Blizzard stops thinking with their greedy pockets and actually enforcing bans on a regular basis... If you don't believe me you can browse some popular botting forums and read the banned threads yourself, they clearly are not phased by ban waves in the slightest and just shrug it off and buy more accounts.
Reply Quote
so blizzard doesn't ban on a daily basis just on the ban waves?
Reply Quote
12/20/2012 07:00 PMPosted by ANFO
so blizzard doesn't ban on a daily basis just on the ban waves?

open your eyes, widen your scope, use Google to search for the 'other' site, dw, they don't plant trojans into your PC when you visit their forums which don't require login to view.

look at both sides of the story and know that this is a war that's going on.

for now blizz has the upper hand.
Reply Quote
I don't know if some body notices but they wait that long to ban those people on purpose because they also get profit from the fees on RMAH. And finally there are too much complains so that they have to do something to calm these people down. Good job blizz...
I think that is very good time to ban a lot of people in this month cuz Christmas is coming...
here is the reality:
Banned players: Oh yeah, it is time to get a few more copies of D3(it will probably has some discount for sure)
Blizz: Oh yeah, we will be making more money =D(and potentially making even more profit with bots)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
What most of you fail to realize its quiet easy to figure out why blizzard bans in "waves".ill break it down barney style.
1)botters buy diablo 3 $
2) people bot and sell items on rmah blizzard gets their cut. $$
3)Blizzard does a ban, with this done botters know they have a good 3-4 month of botting that can be done before the next ban "wave"so they rebuy diablo 3. $$$
4)repeat steps 1-3 and we have why blizzard bans in waves they arent worried about legitimacy they are worried about making money plain and simple. They occasionally fluff our pilllows by releasing news that they banned people but really they know that they will rebuy the game and continue botting and making them money.
Edited by KyleKK#1659 on 12/21/2012 12:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
I think we are 9 months to late on that.

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We haven't been very vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change and improve upon going forward.

woah woah woah woah WOAH!!!

....can we get a rodeo in Diablo 3?
Reply Quote
PARTY!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GggY4TEYbk
Reply Quote
Banning bots doesn't solve the real problem. It's only treating the symptom.
The reason why there are so many bots is because there's a market for it.

You have players getting so frustrated at not being able to farm the items they want that they end up buying them. From bots.

They could prevent botting much better by making drop rates not completely suck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]