Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

Good. But when will you ban them on the europe server? There are lot of bots as well.
Reply Quote
well done blizz.
Reply Quote
What happend to banning scammers??? there is a guy out there MVPsniper#1591 who is scamming the community like crazy... here is a video of him attempting to scam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utrq3hn1gmo&feature=youtu.be

and if you search his name you will see alot more posts about this same issue... we have reported him and still nothing..

so many threads made and all that has been done is deleted them... i guess you dont support in game trading (the legit way) due to no 15% prophit.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 12/24/2012 2:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/23/2012 11:40 AMPosted by vortexwolf
Good. But when will you ban them on the europe server? There are lot of bots as well.

There is still a bot in every 3rd or 4th public game I join late at night. It was a drop in the bucket if Blizzard actually banned anyone at all. If bot using continues at this rate public games will be dead in a few month.
Reply Quote
I don't know if some body notices but they wait that long to ban those people on purpose because they also get profit from the fees on RMAH. And finally there are too much complains so that they have to do something to calm these people down. Good job blizz...
I think that is very good time to ban a lot of people in this month cuz Christmas is coming...
here is the reality:
Banned players: Oh yeah, it is time to get a few more copies of D3(it will probably has some discount for sure)
Blizz: Oh yeah, we will be making more money =D(and potentially making even more profit with bots)

My prediction was right =o...Diablo 3: 39.99$

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/diablo-iii-pc-french/10197457.aspx?path=330e93add2124ab42acf446a8b9eb107en02

only in Canada...I think
Reply Quote
That only tells you what the game is shipped to BB for and how much of a profit they are making already.
Reply Quote
lol prolly they need more ias on their ban hammers coz theres still bots out there
Reply Quote
Wow , Thx Guys
Reply Quote
( This is not my account, using my friend account to post on here ).

I am someone who got hit by accident from this banwave, I do agree that I had demonbuddy installed on my pc, but I was only using it to record the item I was picking up while playing. So for those thinker who think that they actualy check what you are doing you are WRONG, cause it seem that u can get ban only from having one of those bot program open being for other stuff, like myself recording item I pick up, cause DB give a score on item as well and I like to have an idea if the item worth or doesn't worth anything. So ya you can get banned for using a software that is a flagged as botting software even if you are only using it for stuff that doesn't advantage you over other player.

As well you know what sad about them is that they don't give you any information and they don't even listen to you, they stick on your ban even w/o thinking of a possible flaw in there system.

You wanna know where there still bots out there ima tell you what blizzard are doing from my enderstending an investigation.

They ban only a third of the people botting, to make them think they can't ban all of them. SO that those player actualy buy other account so they can make profit out of them. They don't care about how the economy in the game going. They just care aboutt here wallet. There ban system is made to make profit and they'll never ban over 30% of the current botting population cause they made money from them on the rmah as well from new account bough. On top of that THEY CAN'T ACCURAELY BE SURE THAT SOMEONE REALY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF A SOFTWARE OPEN ON IS PC. They are an epic failure of a gaming compagny.
Edited by nuja#1655 on 12/25/2012 11:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Death Knight

I am someone who got hit by accident from this banwave, I do agree that I had demonbuddy installed on my pc, but I was only using it to record the item I was picking up while playing. So for those thinker who think that they actualy check what you are doing you are WRONG, cause it seem that u can get ban only from having one of those bot program open being for other stuff, like myself recording item I pick up, cause DB give a score on item as well and I like to have an idea if the item worth or doesn't worth anything. So ya you can get banned for using a software that is a flagged as botting software even if you are only using it for stuff that doesn't advantage you over other player.

As well you know what sad about them is that they don't give you any information and they don't even listen to you, they stick on your ban even w/o thinking of a possible flaw in there system.

You wanna know where there still bots out there ima tell you what blizzard are doing from my enderstending an investigation.

They ban only a third of the people botting, to make them think they can't ban all of them. SO that those player actualy buy other account so they can make profit out of them. They don't care about how the economy in the game going. They just care aboutt here wallet. There ban system is made to make profit and they'll never ban over 30% of the current botting population cause they made money from them on the rmah as well from new account bough. On top of that THEY CAN'T ACCURAELY BE SURE THAT SOMEONE REALY TOOK ADVANTAGE OF A SOFTWARE OPEN ON IS PC. They are an epic failure of a gaming compagny.

This does give you access to parts of memory that would not generally be available to the player. It may seem innocent for what you were using it with, but it outright violates the third party software policy.
Reply Quote
12/24/2012 04:56 AMPosted by Spelunker
There is still a bot in every 3rd or 4th public game I join late at night. It was a drop in the bucket if Blizzard actually banned anyone at all. If bot using continues at this rate public games will be dead in a few month.

Of course. They have made so much money from botting, they just get another copy of D3 online, buy new items on the AH and continue.
Reply Quote

This does give you access to parts of memory that would not generally be available to the player. It may seem innocent for what you were using it with, but it outright violates the third party software policy.

Still I was ban within this botter banwave, and what I use didn't give me a single advantage over other people and in the message they send me it was like If I was part of the botting community witch I wasn't. Im sorry but they have 0 right to take away my 60$ for something that doesn't give me any advantage like this. They could had give me an explanation but they aren't saying anything in any of the message they send. As well as something as much as getting a log of the item u pickup shouldn't be perma banned that is realy retarded.
Reply Quote
You just need to visit the bot forums to get an idea.

It's like Christmas there everyday.
Reply Quote
I don't know if some body notices but they wait that long to ban those people on purpose because they also get profit from the fees on RMAH. And finally there are too much complains so that they have to do something to calm these people down. Good job blizz...
I think that is very good time to ban a lot of people in this month cuz Christmas is coming...
here is the reality:
Banned players: Oh yeah, it is time to get a few more copies of D3(it will probably has some discount for sure)
Blizz: Oh yeah, we will be making more money =D(and potentially making even more profit with bots)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/diablo-iii-pc-french/10197457.aspx?path=330e93add2124ab42acf446a8b9eb107en02

only in Canada...I think

Idiots. If you get banned permanently, buying another license doesn't mean you can play the game again, unless you want to register another person's name on the game (your mom?). And if you get banned, why the hell would you get another copy?
Reply Quote

only in Canada...I think

Idiots. If you get banned permanently, buying another license doesn't mean you can play the game again, unless you want to register another person's name on the game (your mom?). And if you get banned, why the hell would you get another copy?

It is endlessly funny that you call someone an idiot for not knowing something you know when what you claim to know is utterly and stupidly wrong.
Reply Quote
Keep up the bans.. as i have noticed a greater and greater majoirty of people on my friends list have started to bot. *Sucks*
Reply Quote
Blizzard actually has hit the chinese bot farms very hard in the past and likely several times but chose to never release details. sudden spikes in the rate of gold per dollar are usually the result massive ban waves.

Regardless, they will simply never win the war as long as the cost of maintenance and restoration(buying new cd keys to bot with) for bot farms exceeds that of gold per dollar. The margin is likely incredibly small - I would wager bot farms could still profit even if gold was 10 cents per million. The economy is irrevocably damaged and far beyond repair. the rmah has only made things worst by allowing chinese bot farms to sell their gold "legitimately" as well as through third party cites in order to circumvent blizzard tax.
Reply Quote
So what about the Elite Kill list on Diablo Progress?

http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_elite_kills

How do these numbers add up? How can you have over 620,000 kills but not have finished Inferno?

There are thousands of these accounts with hundreds of thousands of elite kills - are you doing anything about them?
Reply Quote
Well, I was one of the unlucky thousands to have my account banned. Funny thing is I hadn't played the game since the first week or two of release. I tried loading it up to give it another go, and found I was banned.

I submitted a support ticket and went through the process of recovering the account. When I was finally able to log in, my hero had over 10,000,000 in gold, was level 60, and had almost 200 hrs played. Someone had been using my profile for months. I had a whole list of friends I didn't know. Just ridiculous that people can get away with this.

I just want to thank blizzard for their help in getting my account back, and to ask everyone else on the forums to take it easy on people saying that their account was banned. Not all of them are hackers or cheaters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]