Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

we love you Lylirra! <3 the mighty ban hammer has struck lol
Reply Quote
nice... got to keep hitting the ban button week after week & make it undesirable for the botters to just keep buying new accounts
Reply Quote
Good job bliz :)
Reply Quote
My only concern is Blizzard not taking action on customer submitted tickets regarding botters and scammers...
Reply Quote
Nice work!
Reply Quote
Keep up the good work
Reply Quote
Stupid question inc....

How does one justify if he/she is botting? I mean, I could play for 12 hours for weeks not saying that would be a good thing but its possible so I am just guessing I would eventually get a ban hammer dropped on my head?

If your game client starts sending packets an unmodified game client never would, it does not matter any more how would you justify your playtime.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
How does one justify if he/she is botting? I mean, I could play for 12 hours for weeks not saying that would be a good thing but its possible so I am just guessing I would eventually get a ban hammer dropped on my head?

While I'm not about to reveal how we identify exploitative behavior in Diablo III (and understandably so), "playing a lot" is not criteria enough to merit an account action for botting.
Reply Quote
Just thank!!!
Thanks THANKS!!!!
Reply Quote
Thank you. This is really all I need and hopefully there isn't any false positive around. Ban all the bots please, thanks.
Reply Quote
@HamburgerBun, a lot of the top players have put in more time than me, but they also are the same people who exploited many game mechanics getting them to Act4 inferno while it was near imposible for a normal person early game release. They fixed item drops so a normal person could go from Act1 to Act2 plus people were selling higher level items for a reasonable price. With the inflated economy a normal person cannot buy any good gear. Recently they fixed the legendary drop rate, which is nice since now I can actually farm for gear instead of just buy it.

If the game was where it is at now and they were able to stop bots sooner, I think I would have enjoyed the game more. Part of the issue is it took so much to level 1 character as most items had to be bought and not found. In D2 I would find a couple good items for another champ and then switch adding more variety to my game play hence more enjoyment. Pre-inferno is too easy, but with MP it fixes that issue except you cant do public MP. That would make too many games, so i understand, but not playing with other people makes the game less fun.
Reply Quote
This is exactly what i needed to see. I was reading some bot forums and saw a lot of people crying that they got banned for botting. Well, they knew it was coming.

Thank you Blizzard for keeping your promise to keep this game bot/hack free.
Edited by Ketchup#1231 on 12/18/2012 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I was surprised to know that there were several thousand players left to ban...
Reply Quote
Sucks guy i was playing with since launch got banned... and ppl i started playing with dont play anymore. So how about allowing higher Monster Power Level in Public games, this way i can find others to play high lvl MPlevel with, W/O haveing to look for a group on the forum.
Reply Quote
This is so good thanks lyllira and team :)
And even if they are still bots, just remember you can't bot pvp! You need SKILL for that.
Speaking of pvp, please surprise with a Christmas blog!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]