Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

Community Manager
If you have received an account action and have any questions about it, be sure to check out and follow the instructions provided here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-account-administration

The steps included the article are your best course of action.
Reply Quote
Definately a step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
I think we are 9 months to late on that.

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We haven't been very vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change and improve upon going forward.

While this is good news indeed, will there be any permanent actions to be taken to attempt to make botting impossible? People will just buy new accounts and continue botting and earning money while hardly doing anything.

Most of the botters have already made four-digit amounts of euros, some even five-digit amounts and they admitted to have been botting for 3 months or more. This banwave only got like 7/12 of some people's accounts. There are accounts on r/diablo and of course the botting forums.
Reply Quote
@Marc totally agree. Playing solo is boring but efficient for farming and xp. Play MP0 with people is boring as it is too easy. A good challenge with other people would be nice although you get that 1 person in an MP7 party that should be MP0 following behind the group to pick up drops in full MF gear lol....
Reply Quote
*too late

in addition too, also, plural
Reply Quote
Good Job, nothing more to add. Hope dupers will die also.
Reply Quote
Well explains why none of my gf gear is selling at the moment.

Give it a week, they will be back.

Good reason why gah has been slow past couple of days.
Reply Quote
love from me
Reply Quote
Yay! Thanks.
Reply Quote
pls make ban waves more often

good job
Reply Quote
Hey blizzard, you know you kinda need to ban like x10 quicker to make botting unprofitable. Now botters got what, like 2 months of safe operating before the next wave?
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Ghost
I understand, its just I have no idea how you guys could know such things. lol

They monitor the other programs running on your system. It says something like that in the EULA I believe. So if you have a known bot running you will get flagged. However, I suspect that alone will not get you banned since they would need to prove that it was actually doing something with the game. That is likely the secret stuff Lylirra is referring too.
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard,

take some action against demonbuddy forum.

thank you :)

They can't take action against that forum.
And why should they?
The tears there right now are priceless! :D

you are wrong, DB its illegal on some point of view, we will see :)
Reply Quote
@HamburgerBun, a lot of the top players have put in more time than me, but they also are the same people who exploited many game mechanics getting them to Act4 inferno while it was near imposible for a normal person early game release. They fixed item drops so a normal person could go from Act1 to Act2 plus people were selling higher level items for a reasonable price. With the inflated economy a normal person cannot buy any good gear. Recently they fixed the legendary drop rate, which is nice since now I can actually farm for gear instead of just buy it.

If the game was where it is at now and they were able to stop bots sooner, I think I would have enjoyed the game more. Part of the issue is it took so much to level 1 character as most items had to be bought and not found. In D2 I would find a couple good items for another champ and then switch adding more variety to my game play hence more enjoyment. Pre-inferno is too easy, but with MP it fixes that issue except you cant do public MP. That would make too many games, so i understand, but not playing with other people makes the game less fun.

Good gear is cheaper than ever if you've been following prices. Godly gear is still expensive and always will be. Just keep playing and you'll do fine and stop complaining on the forums, it's not helping anybody.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
I think we are 9 months to late on that.

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We haven't been very vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change and improve upon going forward.

Its not your first rodeo yet you still suck at banning hackers. He has a valid argument.
Reply Quote

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We simply haven't been as vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change.

we asked for more transparency and this is a start. Thanks Lylirra

i agree.

really pleasing to see the statement that you've put forward, so thanks for this :)
also appreciate that it's never an easy thing to be completely transparent with the player base, but anything that leads to a more regular "state of the game" address would be welcome.
Edited by enem#1945 on 12/18/2012 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I agree. This makes me happy to see the bans being handed out. Reminds me of the d2 days with chesthack and d2jsp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]