Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

I am glad they bringing down the mighty ban hammer! Although knowing that botters were making a ton of money on the RMAH, it doesn't sit well in my stomach. I wonder if there is something that can be done about that.
Reply Quote
I think we are 9 months to late on that.

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We haven't been very vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change and improve upon going forward.

Ya well you havent been watching the Auction house to good.
I just bidded on 2 items as soon as i put in the next bidding price it tells me im already out bidded.When there is no buyout bid shown.Im asuming botting is in play big time.

Congrats to Blizzard s and the morons that allowed this game to quicky go to crap and screwed their customers in the process.

I also dont know why but im sure Blizzard is in this game causing some of these price hikes.Also the real money action house is for who Blizzard employees cause i havent sold anything in there yet.

Now when i see a set item i need at the price of 5k gold i know not to bid on it.
Edited by JacobsHell#1185 on 12/18/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Awesome!
This is like the 3rd visible ban wave that they've announced so far!

/mug of ale
Reply Quote
GLORIUS!
Reply Quote
I just bidded on 2 items as soon as i put in the next bidding price it tells me im already out bidded.When there is no buyout bid shown.Im asuming botting is in play big time.
Now when i see a set item i need at the price of 5k gold i know not to bid on it.

oh god. please go and learn how the auction house works.
Reply Quote
finally, nice work guys keep going after the rest
Reply Quote
View profile
12/18/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
(We will also be adding the ability for players to report this kind of behavior directly through the game client in a future patch.)

Finally!
Reply Quote
Please forgive my ignorance on this. But, I typically leave D3 running almost all the time. I will go to the main screen and then go AFK and do other things on my computer. Would this constitute a possible ban, because my account is always online?
Reply Quote
The communication is appreciated, thank you.
Reply Quote
Thank you for letting us know. I would bet anyone that the phone lines will be flooded with calls like, " I came home from work and my little 'Johnny' couldn't stop QQ for five minutes and when he did he said there must have been some error and his account was banned. Please give his account back or I am gonna sue you..."
I kinda feel bad for the people that thought about or started cheating because others were getting away with it for so long. But if they have to go out and buy a new copy of the game then they will know that if they get caught cheating they will be banned.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 03:50 PMPosted by NeoPagan
Please forgive my ignorance on this. But, I typically leave D3 running almost all the time. I will go to the main screen and then go AFK and do other things on my computer. Would this constitute a possible ban, because my account is always online?

shouldnt think so.

on the main screen you're connected to the main server and not a game server. so you should have no problem leaving it idle.
(im assuming you dont leave it like this overnight?)
Reply Quote
View profile
Great news indeed.
Reply Quote
I know it won't get answered (assuming it could even be answered) but i wonder how much gold up and vanished today?

I mean if you think about it, the game runs like if the US treasury opened their doors and allowed people to print as much money as they pleased. It had to be a ludicrous amount.
Reply Quote
Save energy! Save the world! Don't leave things on when you are not using them!
Reply Quote

You should focus on learning English instead of "biddening" on items. What you have experienced is the automatic bidding system, which increases the player's current bid up to a maximum value whenever another player bids.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
12/18/2012 03:41 PMPosted by JacobsHell

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We haven't been very vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change and improve upon going forward.

Congrats to Blizzard s and the morons that allowed this game to quicky go to crap and screwed their customers in the process.

I also dont know why but im sure Blizzard is in this game causing some of these price hikes.Also the real money action house is for who Blizzard employees cause i havent sold anything in there yet.

You can set a higher bid for an item than the minimum bid. This would then autobid on the item any time someone outbids you, up until it reaches your high bid value, when it would stop.

Example: I see a 10k item, I want it and am willing to pay 50k. I can bid on it and set my bid at 50k. It deducts 50k from my stash, but bids only 11k on the item. If someone then bids 12k, the AH will automatically outbid for me with 13k. If someone bids 60k, I will be outbid and my 50k returned.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 03:52 PMPosted by enem

shouldnt think so.

on the main screen you're connected to the main server and not a game server. so you should have no problem leaving it idle.
(im assuming you dont leave it like this overnight?)

Almost all the time.. Just hit my windows key and leave it running. I usually restart once a week or so..
Reply Quote
Thank you.

Stay on them please. When you decided game would center around AH & did not implement a no-AH option you put a responsibility on yourselves to take care of that economy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]