Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

View profile
Thank you, Lylirra and team.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
I think we are 9 months to late on that.

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We haven't been very vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change and improve upon going forward.

just goes to show you, you can never please everyone because they still remain to have negative fews even with good news. Great job on the bans. keep up the good work.
Reply Quote
ERR !!
* now * FIX crafting so it means something ....add crazy rare items...that can be altered by trade....fix the gems....allow users to create sockets and customize....so you can sell a item on the AH that is truly RARE ! ... release the PVP ... make all PVP armor destructable ...* hardcore * make the economy thrive.... encourage builds---- ROCK ON !

good to hear the bans though =)
Reply Quote
+1 Blue team

I will not tarnish a wonderful post like this with my wants/needs... But could there be a easier way to stop botting all together? just interested in some ideas?
Reply Quote
Thank you.

Making the game work for actual players seems like a good goal...
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:41 PMPosted by ActChill
When is the PvP being released that was marketed as included as part of the game...

no where hae they advertised PvP, they only made 2 statements on it in the past and 1 was a video of the BASIC components of PvP, and another saying its not going to be at release because it was not ready and dont want to dely the core part of the game that everyone wanted.

and yes i have checked the box, not a single word on it about PvP
Reply Quote

Why dont you fill me in !@#$%^-?

[/quot
http://kingofbargains.com/proxybidding.htm

Typical a way to cheat.That page also says its under developement.

Er what. It's the same bidding system D3 uses which is proxy bidding. Please read.
Reply Quote
Thank you blizzard, now do this every week once or twice, or just ban those who you catch botting without waiting for a "banwave" to do it.
Before those people have any chance to make money with their new bought accounts.
Or else, they will keep botting since for some people it seems to be profitable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
sucks :( for all the peoples
Reply Quote
We've recently issued account bans to several thousand Diablo III players who were found to be using botting programs while playing. In addition to undermining the spirit of fair play, botting, hacking, and other forms of cheating can also cause technical problems with the game as well as contribute to performance issues with the Battle.net service. To learn more about our exploitation policy for Diablo III and how it may affect your gameplay, please visit our [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-exploitation-policy"]official support site[/url].

As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and enjoyable online environment for legitimate players is very important to us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed. In the meantime, if you wish to report the possible use of botting programs to Blizzard, please see [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246615165"]this thread [/url]for more information. (We will also be adding the ability for players to report this kind of behavior directly through the game client in a future patch.)

For questions regarding account actions, please refer to [url="https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-account-administration"]Account Administration[/url].

Why not spare some money and buy gold from botter then cancel the accounts they traded with ? That would show that it's very important to you. Detecting botting and taking your time is too slow. Be agressive.
Reply Quote
Thank you Blizzard...for action. :) i hate bots..
Reply Quote
Thank you for this Blizz. Not sure if you guys have seen, but several botters on r/Diablo have admitted these last 2 waves have caused them to quit botting - you are doing great things for the community.

The only way to beat botters is to make it unprofitable, which means weekly banwaves, I hope you continue. Please let the community know if there is anything we can do to contribute.
Reply Quote
Why does Blizzard feel the need to make a big deal about banning botters? Are you trying to make an example out of them? Or are you threatening your customers with a "this may happen to you" type of message? Why do you think we are all stupid enough to believe this is going to stop them or make a dent into the problem? Or that botters are even the problem?

Let's all conveniently forget the fact that it was Blizzard who coded the game and created not only the ability but the INCENTIVE to bot by integrating real world money into the game. You created this environment. Banning botters is nothing more than an admission of your failure and lack of vision of the consequences for creating this environment.

I'm pretty sure those same thousands of botters already bought new game licenses and were right back to botting 24/7 before you even finished typing this release. To me you just look like the typical politician taking credit for a drug bust to appear as if they are doing their job.
Edited by Hardcore#1216 on 12/18/2012 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote

As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and enjoyable online environment for legitimate players is very important to us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed.

Funny how you advocate this, yet i've been waiting for a ban wave in diablo 2 for the past 2-3 years and nothing has come about. The game lists are filled with botters, so much so that i can't see legitimate games anymore.
Reply Quote
Why does Blizzard feel the need to make a big deal about banning botters? Are you trying to make an example out of them? Or are you threatening your customers with a "this may happen to you" type of message? Why do you think we are all stupid enough to believe this is going to stop them or make a dent into the problem? Or that botters are even the problem?

You're the one making a big deal of it. They have banned tons of botters in the past and didn't disclose it... Many players on the forums said they wanted transparency so Blizzard is giving just that. Posting that they're banning is a good way to quiet the naysayers who say blizz never bans bots.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]