Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

Should have added the feature for us to report them directly before launch. There are more problems with the game short of the economy, spammers, hacks, ect. Can't even get into the technical/gameplay problems with the game. I understand I'm casual...but there are people who talk trash in chat with half a billion gold picked up to date. They pretty much glorify botting.

I think you guys pretty much dropping the ball on the game, it being sold @ 10 dollars for being bad at TRU, and the PR nightmares to date. People pretty much have multiple accounts waiting just in case they are banned.

This is good news. It's just a little to late. We are kept in the dark and it's a bad way to handle the community. 1 or 2 CMs can only do so much against all of this QQ.
Reply Quote
Hopefully the ban wave removed a surplus of gold from the economy in an effort to balance it.
Reply Quote
This is fabulous news!

Now, what measures have been taken to keep these players from purchasing more CD keys and continuing as status quo?
Reply Quote
i LOVE how they can say they banned several thousand players, yet some people still think the game is dead... and mean wile in Torchlight 2 only 4.6 thousand play concurrently at peak... and blizzard has been banning like 2 times a week sence launch so i really think we are near 50k people banned from the service. if not many times higher
Reply Quote
Too bad you cant undo the damage they did to the games economy.
My friends already bought new accounts and the bot was patched to elude whatever new detection you have in place.
I long since stopped playing the game but I thought I'd give you a heads up on how utterly ineffectual you are at countering this. Instead of your "Ban waves" that happen bi-monthly you should try banning often enough to no longer make it profitable to just buy a new account and continue botting.
Reply Quote
View profile
So I guess this means sales will spike briefly as the banned bot'ers buy new copies to start bot'ing again ;-)
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Time2Kill
So I guess this means sales will spike briefly as the banned bot'ers buy new copies to start bot'ing again ;-)

wont happen that quick. along with the ban they probably made it impossible to use the bot they were using. So somebody has to make new bot new scripts.

They've already patched their bot program, and most people who use the bot know not to run the bot on tuesdays.
Reply Quote
Give it a rest there bub. 150 hours isn't much and nobody owes you a thing. Why should you expect to find the best gear over people that have been playing for a thousand hours? Put in the time and stop crying. The behind the scenes people are doing a fine job and don't need your BS.

fanboy paragon lvl 100.

As someone who played d2 as well as d3, it honestly does not feel like their battle against botting has changed much. I'm not saying they should stop trying, but really the damage has been done. My friends list is constantly spammed with gold selling friend requests. Enough has been pointed out about the economy.

I made a joke about there being a bliz employee who's job is to find botters and ban them for 1hr every month and the fanboys praise the company in return. Most likely isnt true, but i bet some could argue.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
HA!

I love that I gave up on this game ages ago when it was clear they were putting bandaids on problems that should have never shipped. Denying other problems tlill they half assed fixed them and giving us PR speak as responses. I come back a few months later and more of the same.

I really, really hope the amount of folk who buy the next patch job/expansion really drops. The only thing thats gonna make the folks in charge of this game listen is when the money stops flowing in on the dead raped name of Diablo 2. Then I hope the head of Blizz fires the guy in charge who lied to every one since before this game was shipped saying it was complete.

Thankfully Mists of Grindaria is way more fun than this. As is now Diablo alpha beta 3 is never seeing a dime more of my money until there is a public round of layoffs to show the fans this wont be tolerated. Until then I'll come back here, read the PR ''open discourse''with the fans and laugh.

Even though Instagram is gunning for hit hard at the last minute, i still gotta think that the diablo franchise is still the fail of the year 2012.
Reply Quote
This is fabulous news!

Now, what measures have been taken to keep these players from purchasing more CD keys and continuing as status quo?

Why would they do that? Let me explain something to you about this ban in wave system: its win win win for blizzard.

You see, if they banned all the botters, then KEPT UP with the bans, botting would no longer be profitable for the botter. So it would pretty much smosh out 90%+ of the botting.

By banning in waves they win on three fronts. One, they can make posts like this for the round of applause from fan boys. Two, they get to collect their cut of all the sales during the months between bans. And three, because the botters know that they have plenty of time to make money before the next round of bans, they *gasp* PURCHASE(from who derp) a bunch more keys to replace the ones that got banned.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
This is fabulous news!

Why would they do that? Let me explain something to you about this ban in wave system: its win win win for blizzard.

You see, if they banned all the botters, then KEPT UP with the bans, botting would no longer be profitable for the botter. So it would pretty much smosh out 90%+ of the botting.

By banning in waves they win on three fronts. One, they can make posts like this for the round of applause from fan boys. Two, they get to collect their cut of all the sales during the months between bans. And three, because the botters know that they have plenty of time to make money before the next round of bans, they *gasp* PURCHASE(from who derp) a bunch more keys to replace the ones that got banned.

The more often they ban, the more likely botters will figure out how they are detected and hide. Think about it this way. Say there are two sets of keyboards. One breaks as soon as you press the H key. The other one breaks every month, as long as the H key was pressed once. The users of the first keyboard will figure it out very quickly, and find a solution to the problem. The users of Keyboard 2 however will bang their head against the wall for a long time, and will take a very long time to be confident that they have found the problem.
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
I think we are 9 months to late on that.

This isn't our first rodeo. We have been actively monitoring for exploitative behavior since the game launched and taking action as needed. We haven't been very vocal about that process (though we have made a few announcements for larger ban waves in the past), but that's something we'll be working to change and improve upon going forward.

Why don't you publish any info about bans? I think it's good when you publish even 1 bot ban, or you should make a calculator on the website for how many bots are banned, then everyone see that you really are working all the time, not just in waves, people could be more respecting on the work of fighting against bots. It's not impossible to create calculator for it, or is it? I would respect if you create one :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]