Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

I got banned, I didn't bot, and I am pissed. Fix your system!
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
-
Edited by Trufax#1748 on 12/18/2012 6:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:41 PMPosted by ActChill
I think we are 9 months to late on that.

100% agree
Edited by SnakeSnack#2368 on 12/18/2012 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
I really hope you guys are able to eliminate all the botters and hackers that way you can realize how few real people playing this game because its in big need of major improvements(which are posted all over the forums)
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
I think we are 9 months to late on that. Already messed up economy as I have 150 hours played and picked up only a couple million yet items sell for billions. Even this forum has top 10 posts for someone selling gold. They create a post for selling gold then spam it pushing it to top 10...Only a fraction of people are still playing.

When is the PvP being released that was marketed as included as part of the game...

lol @ 150 hours played.
Reply Quote
from what I can tell this ban wave was extremely extensive. great job blizzard
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Lylirra
We've recently issued account bans to several thousand Diablo III players

Pardon me. This sentence let us think you actually did not much in the last few days/weeks in this regard and that you do big number bans every 3-4 months instead of doing bans a few times a week, up to a few bans every day.

But whatever, dunno if it's a coincidence but I was monitoring price on specific pants and now that you annonced this, a few that were cheaper than everything else since the last 2-3 days are now gone. It could be that or they were sold because of the low price.

Thank you for such monitoring. That is something I wish I had the chance to do, chasing and investigating the cheaters.
Edited by Rhialto#1451 on 12/18/2012 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Botters made thousands of dollars so no big deal. Too bad bots weren't banned earlier instead having to alter how people play. Break ash vases, open chests, chase goblin. I heard one guy made like $25,000 so far. Blizzard keeps sending him email -- you need to report tax earnings.
Edited by SilverFox#1996 on 12/18/2012 7:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well done Blizz team,very happy this banwave is smacking all cheaters/botters into oblivion.
Reply Quote
I got banned, I didn't bot and no email received...
Edited by Kyuu#1588 on 12/18/2012 7:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
So did this action just ban the accounts physically running the bots or did Blizzard also trace the gold and item trades to the mule and main accounts of these botters and ban them as well?

The accounts that are physically running the bots are easily replaced tools of this nefarious trade. Hopefully the accounts holding the billions and billions of illicit gold and items harvested by these bots got whacked as well, causing them to lose everything.

Otherwise they are probably already back to business as usual.
Edited by Zuzax#1341 on 12/18/2012 9:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
So what about the peoples accounts who were banned wrongfully? also no email either and i cant even log into my account that was banned to even say this.... kinda messed up.
Edited by Arreat#1248 on 12/18/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Although i applaud blizz for banning the bots. I just lost a ton of botting friends. Without friends to play with, and having hit 100 few days ago, i think there is really nothing much to play for now...
Reply Quote
all botters are cheats, friends or not!

Well done to Blizzard - this affirmative action might actually bring more people back to the game!
Reply Quote
I Thank Blizzard from my heart for this step. though little bit late, but its never too late. Now i am feeling rejuvenated to play this game more than ever. Continue the good work Blizzard.
thanks once again.
Reply Quote

Well done to Blizzard - this affirmative action might actually bring more people back to the game!

Doubtful, Economy is already trashed.
Reply Quote

Doubtful, Economy is already trashed.

hard to argue, but I can hope!

One thing is for sure and that is that it is becoming increasing difficult to sell all but "uber" items on the auction house. items that Used to sell for $1-$5M are often going straight to the vendor nowadays. ...
Reply Quote
Good job!
Edited by Magnus#1897 on 12/18/2012 10:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]