Diablo® III

Diablo III Players Banned for Botting

Since the boting system already did their job (meaning, too late bro, just, too late). What concerns now is, how are they going to identify the bots?, Time played on a day?, Gold collected?, behavior of players?, asking if one is a bot (i doubt any actual bot would answer... for now)?.

Also:

I remember linux-users being banned for "hacking", but it was because they were using a virtual machine so they could play Diablo on a simulated SO as windows, so, surely they'll be some (if not, too many) wrongly banned accounts.

Brace yourselves, complaints of non-bot accounts are coming.

Note: i remember some MMORPGs that used (although isn't a fast method, but more precise) some kind of "moderators" or users who, for a short time, were playing with the others and looking for bots personally, and they had some kind of option/command/message to ban or report those bots. I doubt this can be or are willing to use in here, since this is not a MMORPG (but also, Diablo III is not an RPG, is an ORPG, or MORPG?, whatever, to play it on solo you have to be online all time?, epic fail). I guess statistical data it's a way to identify bots (not 100% accurate, and probably will find a lot of false-positive), althougt doing something like recording a player or checking some behavior or data.
Edited by Vince#1278 on 12/18/2012 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
bots are not allowed
Reply Quote
it was about time...
Reply Quote
is there a link to report on a player for botting WITHOUT having that person in your friend list or have that person in your game??

i was told you cant report botters if you dont have them in your contacts/games.

blizzard should really have that pinned up in the main page..
Edited by yulia#6616 on 12/19/2012 12:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you maybe you could do something about the items they gathered that are artificially holding prices high,
Reply Quote
The job is not quite yet done

Just went on some bots forums and a lot of people are saying they still have active accounts.

So Blizzard, just kill them all !
Reply Quote
is there a link to report on a player for botting WITHOUT having that person in your friend list or have that person in your game??

i was told you cant report botters if you dont have them in your contacts/games.

blizzard should really have that pinned up in the main page..

If you have knowledge of a possible exploit, hack, bot, or scam, the best way to inform us is by emailing our hacks team at hacks@blizzard.com or by completing the Hacks Report web form.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246615165
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6246615165

thanks, i'm gonna bookmark that up
Reply Quote
Keep going Blizz!

Clean up the game environment to keep the integrity of what you have designed.

Zero Tolerance for Botting!
Reply Quote
IDEA: All the gold from those accounts permabanned could be distributed evenly to all other players to compensate us for the damage botters have caused this game. At the same time, you as a company would look good.

Though I suppose getting rid of bot accounts (and their probably significant fortunes) could be the gold sink the game desperately needs!

Nevertheless well done with the botban.
Reply Quote
1. Very good work! Well done Bliz!

2. Great thatn you share this good news with the comunity! Thx for that also!

3. Keep doing it!

Now some ideas since I have been reading on the enemies forums about their reactions. (various bot forums).

Some bot users lost all accounts, other a few, some none.
Some bot users write that their "main" account or "mule" account was not banned.
Some will buy new accounts (they bot for money, they do not play the game)
Some bot for items, because they want to gear up.

We (mostly you Blizzard) must hit the botters in every way.

ATTACK THE TRANSFERS. They can bot items on one account and drop in on the ground to pick it up on their main account.

A: All items that drop on the ground must still be private! Only way to transfer one item to thenext should be trade window or AH/RMAH. Why do cheaters transfer item by drop on the ground? Because they belive it is harder to trace the items path if it is droped on the ground before picked up rather than a direct transfer in trade window.

B: Add a fee for transfer gold in trade window. Add a input field that 10% of the gold value must be put by the giver or reciver. So if I want to give 1.000.000 gold to a friend, either me or my friend must put 100.000 in the fee input field.
(Bot transfer a lot more gold between accounts than legit players i guess)
Same time as you add 10% fee for transfer gold in trade window, lower AH cut to 10% (down from 15).
(Make trade window better/more safe also. A two step process where both players need to accept twice.)

C: Add cooldowns and diminshing returns. Every bid on AH = add cooldown. Reset cooldowns after 12/24 h offline.
Let the follower be tired and quit follow after 8 h online play each 24h. Lower xp, gold find, and magic find each hour after 8/12 hours online every 24 h.

D: No rollbacks! never ever do a rollback because it kills tracebility of items.

E: Give no warnings before a ban, botters should have 0 time to transfer items or gold away from the botting account.

F: Hold money at least 30 days before transfer to pay pal.

G. Demand to get money back from paypal from banned accounts. At least the money you sent away last 6 month.

H: Add a ladder, where money only go to pay pal when ladder stops and account is not banned :). When you are able to keep most bots away you can balance the drop rates for legit players and it will be more rewarding for them and they will like the game better. At least do a reset with a empty AH/RMAH if you add an expansion.

I: Do not just ban a key, ban everyting that that account have at Blizzard, and do it for at least 6 month. Make it impossible to post in Diablo forums from SC, WoW accounts.

If you feel that Diablo 3 is a lost battle against the bots (like D2 was), then keep practice banning in D3 so you are better to keep up with them before Titan or next game launch.

haters will hate, botters will bot, just keep them off your products, make them attack something else, they can not run 10 bot accounts on every game, they have to choose, right now they choose D3 and WoW to often.
Reply Quote
Great work Blizz! Keep wielding the mighty Ban Hammer!

Botters are the biggest threat to the game right now...
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads up and the opportunity to say Thank Gosh. I can honestly say this information warms my Diablo soul, I'm glad they got what was coming to them.
Reply Quote
A botting player who holds 50+ account in EU server just mentioned in private discussing board, by filling a certain kind of form he got all accounts back, without any deletes of characters. over 1500 GBP he's making every month. Ban hammer happens to him several times, no account were actually lost although TEMPORARILY unavailable.

Hope BLZ can be serious regarding this issue.
Reply Quote
they only banned eu/us botters...the big chunk of botters are from Asia, and they left those untouched...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I was just banned, and I wasn't using a bot. My son and I play non stop. The only thing I've used was item tracker and I have a new alienware computer with a macro one button to activate my game. on my left side of my computer. I am running windows 8 pro that could've had something to do with it?.. I was told by a rep that it was my own discretion to use it. As they tell you when you play world of warcraft. I never bot, hack, reason is because I once was hacked and wouldn't want it done to me... I played all night the other night doing mp 10 with friends with uber boss fights and when I was about to go to bed about 0600 I let my son Play. I went to bed not felling well sick with flu I'm guessing, Well my son comes in asking me to help him because the game will not log in. then I get a email at the same time saying my email pass was changed. So I fixed that and went to log in and both wow and d3 would not log in. I was too tired at the time to deal with this so I called in 12/18 to speak to a rep they help me change pass and get my authenticator going. Then he said my account was banned. I was from what and why? Which I had to find this out code 52. using bots or having a third party program. Like I said before the only thing I ever used was item tracker, and that was before they came out with the color and every so often I let my son use this so he doesn't miss out on gear he is 9. IF we can use Curse for wow at our own discretion then why can't we use anything as a addon here? Not saying bots or hacks. So now to email me saying I cheated the game is false. I work from home and play all the games from blizzard. Why the hell would I want to cheat my self?? I own a trucking company and also brokerage loads in and out around the U.S. I will let my tech look into this in the morning and have my attorneys go over your so called disclaimer. I just have to say if we find anything I will be proceeding with this in court. I was Cheated by a company I thought had my back and All I am getting is a stiff shoulder. Before Christmas and Now I have to tell my son he can't play anymore... Shame on you Blizzard for banning someone that has not will not cheat or do any such thing. So let me ask this if you think I was cheating do you not think I would do it on Wow, Star Craft or any other games. I have a ton of guild members in my guild and word will get out. I promise this will not be the end of it........ Fix it call me let talk and make this right.
Edited by sblakedragon#1806 on 12/19/2012 2:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Finally some good news.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Its because they have to pay for all of blizzard bills for all the people that stop playing d3. they have to have someone bot or farm so blizzard can make some sort of profit. Blizzard Ent. is a joke in my eye's. I have lost all respect for them. I hope a earthquake takes out all the servers in cali, a tornado or wild fire for texas and anything for the other ones across seas. Blizzard will fall just wait and see. all the times I've reported hackers, botters on wow. misconduct on wow guess what they do, just slap them on the hands give them a free pass. next time a few hours banned, next 24 hour ban and so on. So those guys get the chance to get back on. Me no (not a hacker or botter) I get ban and told my account was closed because I was hacking or botting. Really Blizzard Freaks??? and Freaks means something else.... I have been so pissed. I am about to close all my accounts. drive down to blizz and tie a rock on these games and throw it through there windows. that how pissed I am, but I will not. I'll let my attorney handle it. I've put a lot of money across the board with all the games I've purchase with them. It would be sad if this happens. I know many will follow and play other games that are free and less which I will not say at this time. I'm going to blow up fourms tweet and face book pages until I get the answer I need. But yes hackers should be ban but those who run item tracker or something like that do not hurt there b net servers if it did then everyone playing wow would had been ban years ago. Don't give me that crap. the person that came up with the disclaimer is full of crap!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
hell they can turn my account back on and they can do pc to pc to see I don't have any programs like that, also I have 5 other computers for my employes and the only computers I have running games are this one MY New just got a few Weeks ago AlienWare , a HP, and my old dell computer so my woman, son and daughter can play. Omg they just might ban us because we sit to close when we play maybe that is a form of hacking.. Anyways This is so stupid. I'm going to bed. I bet I will not have a phone call or email back from Blizzard because they are too cheap and the money that is the pockets of the bosses run deep. some have there noses up some !@# and others just pretend so they can get a better job up there. Merry Christmas and have a good one at that. I'll be on the road in lower cali in my semi pulling a load. No I think its after christmas just may pay you guys a friendly visit because I just know you will not call me back.. Because your right and a consumer isnt. I need to stop running on about this just making me mad. I have to get up in a few hours so I can speak to my people to get things rolling on these actions. You have my account you feel free to call me, but you will not and I know this...
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 02:47 AMPosted by Sblakedragon
The only thing I've used was item tracker

= ban
Edited by SLeMM#2897 on 12/19/2012 3:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]