Diablo® III

Have I just been hacked??

(Locked)

NOTE: I never accept invites from players I do not personally know nor use Skype and receive programs. Also, I am using a different account to the one mentioned on this thread.

Here is what happened. I tried to log in one morning and noticed that it was taking too long for it to finish ticking after I entered my password. After the second tick, it just sent me back to log in screen to type my password again. This happened like 4 to 5 times in a row and always on second tick. Also, it never said that I have input my password wrong.

After a few tries I finally managed to get in he game. Then I tried using the AH. Each time I click on the AH tab I get a pop up message saying invalid input. Clicking "ok" button only generates another same box to pop up. I did this a few times before the game actually kicked me out then sent me to log in screen.

I logged in again. This time it went smoothly up to the character screen. I then checked my character and found that he now has NO BOOTS. All other gears were still there even my gold. I then quickly changed my password. This did not happen again since.

NOTE: I do not use an authenticator (personal reasons)

I am left confused and nervous about what happened. Is this a bug or a glitch, or was I been hacked?? Your input will be helpful.
NOTE: I never accept invites from players I do not personally know nor use Skype and receive programs. Also, I am using a different account to the one mentioned on this thread.

Here is what happened. I tried to log in one morning and noticed that it was taking too long for it to finish ticking after I entered my password. After the second tick, it just sent me back to log in screen to type my password again. This happened like 4 to 5 times in a row and always on second tick. Also, it never said that I have input my password wrong.

After a few tries I finally managed to get in he game. Then I tried using the AH. Each time I click on the AH tab I get a pop up message saying invalid input. Clicking "ok" button only generates another same box to pop up. I did this a few times before the game actually kicked me out then sent me to log in screen.

I logged in again. This time it went smoothly up to the character screen. I then checked my character and found that he now has NO BOOTS. All other gears were still there even my gold. I then quickly changed my password. This did not happen again since.

NOTE: I do not use an authenticator (personal reasons)

I am left confused and nervous about what happened. Is this a bug or a glitch, or was I been hacked?? Your input will be helpful.

Sounds like you booted the hacker off your account. I'd change your password but there's a good chance you have a keylogger. Run anti spyware and malware removal programs. I'd also strongly recommend an authenticator.
I see. I cant figure out how this happened to me. Can such things be acquired from file sharing sites like ISO hunt when downloading Music?
well, if you were only playing MP3 files and not running any strange executables than you should be fine.

I would open a ticket with blizz support at this point. they may be able to do a rollback to get you your boots back.
Yeah, you can get a keylogger from downloading just about anything. Run your malware stuff and hope you find your problem. Sounds like you had great timing and booted them off right when they tried to steal your gears, they'll prob try again.
12/19/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Kirbynator
I see. I cant figure out how this happened to me. Can such things be acquired from file sharing sites like ISO hunt when downloading Music?

Yes you can. You should in this order. Run malware. Change password while it runs. When it finishes. Change password again. You should really get an authenticator. It'll prevent keyloggers and the like from allowing them access to your game. Beware though. Run malware every now and then. Keyloggers can grab your credit card info and more.
View profile
12/19/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Kirbynator
NOTE: I do not use an authenticator

get one.
I all else fails and you are still skeptical... create a notepad file with your password. When you need to enter your password.. copy and paste instead of keylogging it.
or maybe u accidentally npced ur boots? :X
12/19/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Meatbaals85
or maybe u accidentally npced ur boots? :X

How would he do this if he never entered a game? He was on the AH
erm maybe he npced his boot during his last log in? just speculating
Blizzard Employee
If you believe that your account might have been compromised, make sure to follow the steps in our support article. If you need further assistance, you can get in touch with Customer Support by submitting a ticket.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]