Diablo® III

Progress? Judge me :-)

OK, lots of changes and now finally MP7 is totally doable! I only use energy armor for elites -- took on a 3x elite pack, 10 minutes to kill all including a LOT of whites, but no deaths. Any further improvements that really stand out?? I really do appreciate all the help, guys. I ouldn't do it alone :P

(ps. I actually FOUND both my rings -- couldn't believe it, they're not terrible :-)
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 12/28/2012 12:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
are ur profile stats with prismatic or without?
Reply Quote
oh dang i love your lacuni, zuni boots/ the end ring, black thorne.

why are you still using prismatic? hmmm you could get that fixed through gears if you can, would be better to go pinpoint imo. oh also love your armor, but why you using blur and not evocation? how about cold snap instead of bone chill?

you could try and get trifecta rings (ias/cc/cd/armor or all resist) to help you use pinpoint barrier instead.

i didn't get to see much of your other gears but what's your total LOH?

you could try a higher avg dmg OH
Reply Quote
He cant change OH without a pile of green/gold XD

Pants with no armor and 2 slots? kind of wasted?

Easy to get max AR on ring
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 12:08 AMPosted by SteelPhantom

without -- finally!

prismatic is needed because my AR is only about 600, same for blur -- I feel 700AR/6000 armor is minimum >MP6 IMHO... only about 710 LoH (I know, not so great) but seems workable so far. Before I was a LOT less armor and about 1600 LoH and still dying a LOT. Now, not so much :-)

I was outbid on an even better belt and lacuni, but these were about 1/3 the price, so WTF...

I have learned SOOOOOOO much through this, so it's time and gold well spent I think?

I also threw on my WD's skorn (damn nice one) for S&G -- guess what? Same DPS, much lower AS = no longer even an option, even for archon which I am testing now - so far, melting MP4 archon. Seems CMWW iAS only helps archon; see no downside as of yet. I also see skorn w/ LS only needed for MP8-10 archon? dunno! maybe not needed ever?

To go archon, my only gear switch was MH/OH (EF w/ LS and tri). Am I stupid or should I be switching more gear to go CMWW>archon? Maybe stupid :P

Thanks guys, this totally changed my mindset about WIZ capability and really the game itself; MUCH love running higher MP for simply the challenge!

Peace!

(edit; achon w/ MH/OH switched I run 190k unbuffed, 245k buffed)
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 12/28/2012 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
He cant change OH without a pile of green/gold XD

Pants with no armor and 2 slots? kind of wasted?

Easy to get max AR on ring

I know, bro - I was eyeing other pants, but the VIT on these is amazing (295??) and I don't want to sacrifice more life. I've been down this road several times today, believe me! I would LOVE AR/Armor/VIT blackthorne's britches, but some are 700M Mine were almost stolen for 80m... :-)
Reply Quote
AR + LOH bit too low for my tastes. Some slots should really have AR ie. gloves/pants/belt, etc.

You would definately eat sh*t if you hit a RD pack @ MP8+ with 600AR and 700 LOH.

Otherwise on the right track looks good for a guy starting out.
Edited by Boozor#1433 on 12/28/2012 2:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good call on the OH; the one to go another 15k DPS is over 100m... not for now, I need to sell my 1.79 wand first :-)
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 01:54 AMPosted by DethAxe

prismatic is needed because my AR is only about 600, same for blur -- I feel 700AR/6000 armor is minimum >MP6 IMHO... only about 710 LoH (I know, not so great) but seems workable so far. Before I was a LOT less armor and about 1600 LoH and still dying a LOT. Now, not so much :-)

700AR/6k armor is nearly unobtainable with Storm armor (which is a huge upgrade, more than your 15k DPS OH) i would aim for 850/5k+ as it'll allow you, coupled with 1k+ loh) to do mp9 face tanking RD+electrify.

I would suggest to aim to a Blackthorn amulet with cc/ias as it'll allow you to switch to AR/armor pants while upgrading your loh too; doing that you'll surely lose DPS but that's not your primary concern as running full SNS with 120-130k sheet DPS will result in a net sustained eDPS of about 1m (After windup) which, imho, is ok for MP8-9 (if lock and defense are up to the task).
Reply Quote
"I would suggest to aim to a Blackthorn amulet with cc/ias" -- 185m ... jeezus

Yes, agree but OMFG :-)

I'm at 2.86, so hitting the breakpoint no problem, gave upon >3.01 (too many downsides) that's why my wand is up for sale :P I don't care about Ubers, BTW
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 12/28/2012 2:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
to be honest, with ubers, 2.81 is enough. i run a normal 2.85 with 55 cc and 180k dps buffed against ubers and pretty much did alright. now high mp elites/champs, that's where the fun starts @_@
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 02:46 AMPosted by PICHAPIEGAL
to be honest, with ubers, 2.81 is enough. i run a normal 2.85 with 55 cc and 180k dps buffed against ubers and pretty much did alright. now high mp elites/champs, that's where the fun starts @_@

THAT'S my goal man... I'm closer than before, all I care about tonight :-) cheers!!
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 02:24 AMPosted by Mrmorph

700AR/6k armor is nearly unobtainable with Storm armor (which is a huge upgrade, more than your 15k DPS OH) i would aim for 850/5k+ as it'll allow you, coupled with 1k+ loh) to do mp9 face tanking RD+electrify.

I would suggest to aim to a Blackthorn amulet with cc/ias as it'll allow you to switch to AR/armor pants while upgrading your loh too; doing that you'll surely lose DPS but that's not your primary concern as running full SNS with 120-130k sheet DPS will result in a net sustained eDPS of about 1m (After windup) which, imho, is ok for MP8-9 (if lock and defense are up to the task).

Hey, MrMorph! BEST advice was the BT ammy and different pants -- made a HUGE HUGE difference!! THANKS!! Rolling MP8 now, no deaths! Very very happy!!
Reply Quote
grats on rollin mp8, now get trolled by blizzard's horrible loot system :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]