Diablo® III

Zero dogs build gear questions

Hello fellas, this is my first time trying this build and after two hours of reading guides it became clear that they were not kidding when they said it was an expensive build to get into if you just want to blow $hit up.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TALIB-1208/hero/17657256

My simple question is what is the best pants/rings/gloves/boots/main hand for this build?, i find a lot of WD's with the Zuni sets but some with ice cilmbers which are cheaper compared to str ones and so on with all mentioned pieces.

My goal is 190-200k dps unbuffed just like my barb(190k) but passives seem to be a lot different than barbs and maybe that numbers is unreachable.

Any help would be appreciate it and thank you for your time.
Edited by TALIB#1208 on 12/30/2012 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
I cant imagine gear (or vast ammount of gold spent on gear) to reach such dps with -dogs cooldown gear. If you want to try it, then you should go for either echoing fury or some "black damage" weapon, the higher dps the better(socket, crit, int), trifecta jewelery(also int, +dmg are welcome), legs and shoulders with more int and best available gems. Can try also pierce the veil for zombie handler but that would boost your paper dps, dunno about real results, because Ive never tried sacrifice build.
Reply Quote
200k ZD build.. good luck.. you better take out a bank loan.. it would make that 500 million look like peanuts.
Reply Quote
Even though it's theoretically possible, 190-200k dps is simply unheard of on a 0dog WD. Good luck affording all the necessary gears, if you're able to find them on the market in the first place.
Edited by ydooby#3596 on 12/28/2012 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Now this build is the perfect example showing how bad a general dog Mara Ammy is.
He just lock up the neck with a ammy without cc and cd. Bad to ur build dps!
And this kinda ammy may not be cheap!

I have seen zdog build with 160k dps with soj on. So his elite dps is about 200k.
The gear are just simply GODLY roll vile, inna pants, Lacuni, tal rasha chest and tal rasha ammy, etc. Basically you just need to go to diabloprogress look for the no. 1 WD configuration and put the 3 dog pieces in a dps calculator, you know how high dps u can possibly go.

Well, i have seen someone spent 16billion to make a 400k dps wizard and 7500 euro on a echoing fury in other forums... as long as u have a thick wallet I guess...
Reply Quote
12/28/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Luffy
Well, i have seen someone spent 16billion to make a 400k dps wizard and 7500 euro on a echoing fury in other forums... as long as u have a thick wallet I guess...

hmm, forget his name, but was a wiz on us server with 700k sheet dps... soo, but he quit, and his gear was worth over 10bil at the time, bet prices now would be even higher
Reply Quote
ive never seen a 200k unbuffed 0 cooldown dogs build, but i bet its possible..... if u have the bank.... i think the skullgrasp alone for that wud be over 2 bil...
Reply Quote
Now this is a post worth reading. thank you luffy for the constructive critisism and yes thats really accurate about my dps being 200k against elites, i decided to go with the ammy because the cheapest soj were 8 scs/30% at the time and cheapest was 200mill, the ammy was 90mil.

Also decided to go with this build since i love blowing !@#$ up but still a work in progress and yes its going to be expensive but on my barb sitting at 190k unbuffed with full gear any upgrade its a 300-400 mil minimum so why not try other class instead.

The set is 36 seconds in total giving me room to upgrade later, heres my plan:

As soon as a get a soj i can upgrade the rest of the gear starting with the ammy, moving to pants, then gloves followed by boots and if im lucky enough replace the set ring with a HF ring.
Edited by TALIB#1208 on 12/28/2012 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
The issue you have TALB is every crap piece of ZD gear is going for 100mil.

Good ones, ones you would even remotely consider on a normal build will run you into the 100's of millions if not billions.

ZD is not a high paper doll DPS build. its much easier to get your paper doll to say you are at 200 k. ZD is a build that uses un-calculated damage + massive return health that really will not show on the paper doll.

You can get a WD to 200k DPS and blow sh*t up handily with out being a ZD build. I run with a 100k build and make all the 200k WW barbs i run with stay behind me so they don't get hurt ;P
Reply Quote
160k dps unbuffed ZDogs:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Travar-1656/hero/19804773

This guy reached 190k dps Zdogs, but currently is equipped with another build:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kelzar-2997/
Reply Quote
I see, then i should be aiming at 150 paper dps to get the most out of it and im aware its not going to be cheap but right now this is my fun class and barb my farming/money maker one.

This build is unique and fun depending so much in just one skill to do dmg and compared to a CM wizard most of the time i just hold down one button and BRING pain with the other one lol, Working on better pieces atm :)
Reply Quote
Awesome!!, just what i was looking for Mickey, thank you for the link. Now i know what to aim for.
Reply Quote
Hello fellas, this is my first time trying this build and after two hours of reading guides it became clear that they were not kidding when they said it was an expensive build to get into if you just want to blow $hit up.

Budget spent on current gear: 500mil
Self found pieces: shoulders/right hand ring/pants
Able to farm MP6 efficiently, MP7 die occasionally, MP8 not recommended.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TALIB-1208/hero/17657256

My simple question is what is the best pants/rings/gloves/boots/main hand for this build?, i find a lot of WD's with the Zuni sets but some with ice cilmbers which are cheaper compared to str ones and so on with all mentioned pieces.

My goal is 190-200k dps unbuffed just like my barb(190k) but passives seem to be a lot different than barbs and maybe that numbers is unreachable.

Any help would be appreciate it and thank you for your time.

Its possible to get to 200k dps im sure with 0 dog but u will have no ehp. U cant dps if your dead. The key is to find that balance between ehp and dps.

I'm currently sitting at 155k dps and 550k ehp but i have 3% ls and 23000 health globe bonus. I can run mp10 with very few deaths and most of the time i die is because I did something stupid and not because I dont have the gear to handle it.

gluck with your build remember u cant dps if your dead so work on ehp at the same time as dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]