Diablo® III

HoTA barbs.

should i get more dps or items that decrease the fury for hota because i can't afford items that do both lol.
Reply Quote
dps
Reply Quote
The biggest trick to HoTA IMO is figuring out a way to manage your fury effectively so you can spam HoTA with as little interruption as possible from other skills. The DPS increase is worth the effort if 95% of your attacks hit for 406% weapon dmg.

All the DPS in the world won't help if you can only HoTA a couple times before having to use something else (well you get the idea).

Unfortunately it is a balancing thing and you'll have to tinker around and figure out what you want out of it. Personally, I wanted to get my fury issues down before working on DPS so at least that's no longer a giant question on what would work, and so concentrating on DPS upgrades from here is very straight forward.
Reply Quote
DPS for sure. Using soj effectively requires a lot more gear. You get more out of your investment on regular rings for now.
Reply Quote
thanks. when in berserker its no problem keeping fury up its when I'm not. i can probably use hota about 10 times before having to switch to a fury generating attack.
Reply Quote
I think attack speed should be your priority, especially if you are going to stick with SnB. More attack speed lets you use Bash - Punish, and replenish fury quickly so you spend more time using HotA.
Reply Quote
I've been using frenzy keeping the 20% damage buff up refreshing it every 4 or 5 Hota's. Is this a good damage boost or should I just spam Hota?
Reply Quote
View profile
If you can make room for the animosity passive then your HOTA crits should give you back near 20 fury, even without any reduction. When I play HOTA (to farm keys) I play without any -fury cost and use it, it works pretty well.

I've been using frenzy keeping the 20% damage buff up refreshing it every 4 or 5 Hota's. Is this a good damage boost or should I just spam Hota?

It is a dps increase. I've also seen people using bash - punish. I use bash + instigation, because with a pure HOTA spec (ie no WW) you HAVE to be using HOTA or you don't have enough healing. If you do get -fury cost for HOTA then you won't need the fury from instigation and you can just use punish or frenzy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]