Diablo® III

Force Stand Still not working

Hi guys

I just installed on my MBP Retina.

Here is the issue.

I am a DH. I use Force Stand Still all the time at MP5+ and with a full group (mob HP is higher, so I go tanking route and spam nades with Nightstalker and Bait the Trap).

On my PC, when I use Force Stand Still by pressing and holding Shift - I can freely use my skills and remain still. So long as I'm holding the Shift key, I am still no matter what.

HOWEVER, on my Mac, I will move forward (in whichever direction my mouse is aimed at) if I use a skill whilst holding down Shift.

EXAMPLE:

I set down Bait the Trap and hold Shift. I proceed to spam my primary weapon skill. Bait the Trap runs out. I proceed to use Bait the Trap again by pressing "1".

All the while, I am holding Shift down.

After pressing "1" however, I move forward. The Shift action is negated.

This does NOT happen on my PC.

Is this normal? Is there any workaround for it? Halp.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the report. Can you provide some more information about your system?

1. Launch Diablo III.
    2. Put Diablo III into Windowed Mode if it is not already in Windowed Mode.
    3. From the system menu bar, select Help > Copy Support Information: http://i49.tinypic.com/33njnzn.png
    4. Paste the contents of the copied system information here (Command-V)
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Are you using a mouse with keybinds to any of your skills? I too have this issue, amazingly only with my middle mouse button, which is set to Q (potion). If I hold shift, I can use my left and right click skills at the same time, but not the middle mouse button.

I suspect it is because multibutton mice are treated as keyboards, thus if you are already holding a modifier key on the original (real) keyboard, you run into the "too many buttons pressed at once" scenario, which results in truncation of the main keyboard's current input, which in this case is the Shift key. This becomes even more problematic if you have modifier keys bound to the mouse buttons like so: Opt-Key1, Shift-Key2, CMD-Key3, etc., as each mouse button counts as two keypresses, and if your keyboard is limited in the number of keys it can process under OS X, you run afould of the situation I mention here.

I'm looking into a solution myself, and if I find it, y'all will be the first to hear about it here.

Reply Quote
Are you using a mouse with keybinds to any of your skills? I too have this issue, amazingly only with my middle mouse button, which is set to Q (potion). If I hold shift, I can use my left and right click skills at the same time, but not the middle mouse button.

I suspect it is because multibutton mice are treated as keyboards, thus if you are already holding a modifier key on the original (real) keyboard, you run into the "too many buttons pressed at once" scenario, which results in truncation of the main keyboard's current input, which in this case is the Shift key. This becomes even more problematic if you have modifier keys bound to the mouse buttons like so: Opt-Key1, Shift-Key2, CMD-Key3, etc., as each mouse button counts as two keypresses, and if your keyboard is limited in the number of keys it can process under OS X, you run afould of the situation I mention here.

I'm looking into a solution myself, and if I find it, y'all will be the first to hear about it here.

That would be hardware dependent, I don't believe the APIs for handling events are limited to the number of modifiers per event on OS X that would create a problem (at least the apple keyboards). For mice, that is dependent on the mouse and how that is created. OS X treats keyboards and mice as separate sets of events. Regardless of what API you are looking at (CoreFoundation or Cocoa) it handles them as different types. If you are remapping your mouse and assigning it keyboard shortcuts, then they are fired as keyboard events into the input events queue. Only time that you won't be see input is if the `hidd` process is deadlocked. If that happens you have bigger problems.

@Avesta Given the situation described, I am going to say this is a hardware problem with your keyboard, not with the game or your install of OS X. It might be possible that your mouse drivers are doing something they shouldn't and causing the input event handler to receive incorrect events or to "corrupt" your event queue. Please try the PC keyboard and mouse on the mac and report back the results.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]