Below are the gears/skills required and concepts of this build.
1) 4 piece Zuni set (including Zuni mojo with mana cost reduction to zombie bears).
2) Visage of Giyua (preferably with native CC and +acid rain CC)
3) A ceremonial knife(for +mana regen) or any other weapon with life-steal to deal with reflect damage mobs when using Zombie Bears.
4) Blackthorne Pants(for life on hit proc when using Rain of Toads/Acid Rain)
5) Gloves with Chance to Stun above 3%
6) Belt with Chance to Freeze above 3%
7) Shoulders with Chance to Chill above 3%
8) Amulet with life on hit.
Note:- I chose a one-handed weapon over Skorn because Zombie Bears feels less 'clumsy' with higher attack speeds(<1.4). You can maneuver the Bears more deftly when encountering elites with Vortex, Teleport or Illusion affixes. With mana regeneration from Helm, Off-hand, Vision Quest, Zuni 4 piece(+20/seconds) and Blood Ritual. This build can support 1.3-1.6 attack speed per seconds well within limits. Faster attack speed will also activate LOH and procs from Rain of Toads more frequently. Moreover, extra critical chance from off-hand benefits damage over time+area of effect from Acid Rain.
Recommended Minimum Stats for MP7+ with this Build:-
1) Life: 40k+
2) Armor: 4k+
3) All Resist: 750+
4) Attacks per second: 1.3 - 1.6
5) DPS: 90k+ (unbuffed)
6) Life Steal: 2.5%+
7) Life on Hit: 1000+
Note:- With my current gears/stats, MP10 Siegebreaker is still quite tough to handle. I estimate dps of minimum 140k, armor 4700, all res 850 and life 60k to clear MP10 comfortably.
1) Plague of Toads > Rain of Toads
2) Zombie Charger > Zombie Bears
3) Acid Cloud > Acid Rain
4) Spirit Walk > Honored Guest
5) Soul Harvest > Vengeful Spirit or Soul to Waste
6) Gargantuan > Bruiser or Hex > Jinx
Note:- Gargantuan dies very frequently in MP9&10, usually after 2 waves of mobs sometimes based on my current gears/stats. It can be substituted by Hex for its shorter cooldown.
1) Vision Quest
2) Blood Ritual
3) Bad Medicine/Jungle Fortitude/Gruesome Feast/Spirit Vessel
Note:- This build uses all Poison-based attacks, thus making good usage of Bad Medicine passive for damage mitigation. But you can swap out Bad Medicine for:
A) Jungle Fortitude as alternative if you are using pets.
B) Gruesome Feast if you have some pick up radius gears.
C) Spirit Vessel for MP9&10 due to the higher monster hit points. Spirit Walk and Soul Harvest cooldown 2 seconds is very useful as it lets you 'replenish your mana pool' every 13 seconds. When the Spirit Walk cooldown is nearing, start spamming Acid Rain with the Zombie Bears concurrently. When mana is depleted, Spirit Walk(Honored Guest) to refill your mana, rinse and repeat. Moreover, Spirit Vessel gives you a 'free life' every 90 seconds.
1) Proc(Freeze/Stun/Chill) using Rain of Toads+Acid Rain to slow enemies movements/attacks that are in front of you.
2) Life on Hit and Life Steal gears to 'tank' almost all kinds of elite fights. Reflect Damage becomes a joke and wallers can be dealt with Rain of Toads.
3) Rain of Toad activates Vision Quest besides proc(ing), enabling you to cast Zombie Bears almost without straining your mana pool. I have roughly 120 mana regen per second using my current setup, excluding mana cost reduction from Blood Ritual.
4) Zombie Bears to deal main damage and you can throw Acid Cloud for 3-prong attack i.e. additional damage and proc(ing) as and when you see deem fit.
5) The Freeze/Stun/Chill proc makes mobs stay longer in the area of effect of Acid Rain.
1) Start by casting Acid Rain on incoming mobs(hoping to proc freeze/stun/chill to slow down incoming mobs).
2) Move into midst of mobs with Spirit Walk to use Soul Harvest then move out.
3) Start using Rain of Toads(left-click) to activate Vision Quest and procs while using Zombie Bears(stutter step right-click) for main damage.
4) Use Acid Rain(middle-click) as and when you like during the fight.
5) You can also opt out Zombie Bears during fights when the tough gets going i.e. just using Rain of Toads/Acid Rain and stay in the distance until you can get closer again to use Zombie Bears.
Note:- With 1.51 attacks per second, I find that I hardly run out of mana in MP7+ (unless I start spamming Acid Rain). Fellow witch doctors with better gears can probably use slightly higher attack speeds.
I find this build extremely fun, versatile and seems to be rather capable to handle some of the toughest elite fights and therefore like to share with fellow witch doctors.
Thanks for reading. Comments are most welcomed :)