Diablo® III

Next upgrade for my hardcore wizard?

Not really sure where to go from here. Been doing Act 2 with a friend/solo without any problems. I'm playing pretty conservatively, but I can tank most packs with nova + diamond + nova. I have around 15M to spend on an upgrade. Can someone suggest a piece to upgrade?

Character in question: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jetrii-1347/hero/30014205
Edited by Jetrii#1347 on 1/3/2013 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
your shield has realllly low block, get a better shield, crit SS if possible idk HC prices
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 04:59 PMPosted by EnthronE
your shield has realllly low block, get a better shield, crit SS if possible idk HC prices

yea, I know, but upgrading to a shield with similar stats + higher block costs significantly more than I have. All the upgrades I can afford feel like side upgrades that aren't overall better than what I have. I could always get one with less crit, but my DPS would suffer a lot... May have to go that route.
Edited by Jetrii#1347 on 1/3/2013 5:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Bump for advice
Reply Quote
I'd start with upgrading your offhand ring. :)
Reply Quote
I'm a fan of crit mass to reduce cooldowns in hardcore, regardless of build. It's nice to be able to use teleport and diamond skin about every 6 seconds, and using cm as a passive was what freed me up from having frost nova and standing in melee, where you do take more damage. So my vote would be to start adding crit.

I also highly recommend getting a good chunk of life on kill and/or some regen until you can afford a life steal weapon.

To do the above I'd drop health. I can understand the urge to try for disconnect protection, but it seems futile on a wizard. Never play solo, always group.
Reply Quote
I upgraded my shield, helm and offhand ring. Nothing amazing, but better than what I had.

Sheledil, how often does the cooldown reduction proc for you? Can you basically become immune to melee damage by constantly chaining diamond skin + frost nova?
Edited by Jetrii#1347 on 1/4/2013 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]