Diablo® III

how do sns wiz survive without LOH?

Honest question, how is it possible?i've checked diabloprogress on some random wiz, yes their dps is much greater but how do you manage without life return? even some at 300 LOH,which i honestly think isn't viable.

is it just to show off that have over 200k dps cm wiz on paper?

or is it really viable? and how so?
Reply Quote
They dont.
Reply Quote
now that's just weird. cm/sns without loh??? never heard. not even blood magic is enough or life steal or whatever there is.
Reply Quote
i dont think its even possible even with bloodmagic+LS on weapon, reflect + electrify will toast you
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Aimless
They dont.
Reply Quote
how about life regen + potion?

that's what i do :P
Reply Quote
No
Reply Quote
MP0!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
shell and globes can work on mp5.
Reply Quote
2.74aps, 800+LOH, 160k dps @ MP6 is barely enough for RD+Electrify......throw in another desecrator/sentry/molten and I'm toast. So I cannot imagine 300 LOH being viable for anything past MP2?
Reply Quote
I'm rolling with 470 LoH (no LS) on my 116k dps cm wiz. Damage rarely pop my diamond skin before it refreshes. This is done on:

MP 5 ubers - SNS
MP 7 Key farms - SNS

up to MP 9 Ubers - Energy armor with pinpoint barrier rune.

I don't survive well from MP6 onwards with SNS for ubers.
Edited by enadiz#6278 on 1/3/2013 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I almost beat Diablo on MP10 with my SNS build when I'd replaced the Critical Mass passive with Galvanizing Ward for Archon and forgot to change it back. Just to give you an idea of how big a deal the LoH healing is.

I was wondering why Diablo wasn't freezing for a sec there...
Edited by Darshu#1802 on 1/3/2013 11:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
how much would be the ideal amount of LOH? i have like 1k+ LOH. too much? i'm thinking of getting a new ammy with CD but getting one which will boost my dps significantly will most probably mean losing like 500 LOH.
Reply Quote
how about life regen + potion?

that's what i do :P

That plus bloodmagic is ok or blizzard. OP was asking about SNS.
Reply Quote
I was running sns at MP7 with 130k dps and no loh... but I was switching to a 3% ls 950 loh wand against reflect or mortar elites. Every thing else is fine. But it is harder than having loh built in.
Reply Quote
...mortar?
Reply Quote
Frostburn did it with full SNS Glass Cannon build, the LoH from Stormcrow is negligible at that kind of dps against RD.

http://youtu.be/jliI3rpPMCM

Go to 3.50 and 7.45 for RD pack. It is just a constant abuse of Safe Passage + his high dps makes globes drop fast even at MP10.
Edited by Mil#6978 on 1/4/2013 7:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/04/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Enzo
how much would be the ideal amount of LOH? i have like 1k+ LOH. too much? i'm thinking of getting a new ammy with CD but getting one which will boost my dps significantly will most probably mean losing like 500 LOH.

They say 800 LoH per 100,000 sheet damage

1000+ LoH per 100,000 sheet damage is fairly safe

It comes down to how much your Vit is to begin with, what your armor/all resists are, and what the hell you run into. Some affix combos are just a !@#$% to play against.

For example, Wasps with fast, mortar, firechain, molten, teleport, jailer
Reply Quote
diablo progress is not an accurate representation of how people play, especially when you get to higher DPS levels.

It is ePeen after a certain point. Paper doll comparison, only loosely connected to gameplay.
Reply Quote
01/03/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Boozor
They dont.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]