Diablo® III

AC/CoB/SB Build MP10 w/vid

Just wanted to share this finally, hope it helps! Here is the build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gRdUXc!bcf!ZacZYc

Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc48OiH7oZA&feature=youtu.b

Feel free to leave comments or suggestions!

I made sure to fight a reflect pack.

Also, list what you would like most to see me do solo. Ubers, full run, use PtV etc.

Will update this as we go.

Thanks.

heres an equivalent run with bears spec (epic fail lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ten5K2hpgPE&feature=youtu.be

notice how much easier RD was, as with CoB i could tank all 3 simultaneously.

UPDATE -12/20/12:

Just got back from my 10 day forum ban, good to be back! lol

Wanted to show that you dont need a skorn or a redic amount of expensive gear to make work, so I added a budget 1h/Mojo version (which i am still working on), enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs92_pRI5xk

Fought the CoB archnemisis - Lightning/CC affix - in the video. seriously i hate nightmare(or knockback)/lightning with a passion, esp if they hulking phasebeast, omg. No RD in the video though, will add one when I can.

Gear is in my profile.

UPDATE 1/1/2013:

most epic MP10 battle:

1h/mojo version

http://beta.xfire.com/video/5d4099
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 1/1/2013 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
What items should I be rockin this build with??
Reply Quote
lifesteal skorn (5%+)
witching hour (freeze)
littany of the undaunted (cc, cd)
4 pc zuni (ring chest boots helm)
as much dmg on ammy as you can afford
blackthorns pants
lacuni
vile
best gloves you can afford

scoundel geared properly (windforce, legacy puzzle ring)
Reply Quote
It is interesting playstyle, very unusual.
But with same gear if you just did this with bears, that exact run would take so much less time.
Reply Quote
What do you mean by bears?
Reply Quote
zombie bears
Reply Quote
he means zombie bears, but he is both assuming and jumping to conclusions, without testing.

i am uploading a video with bear build. same run, same gear. you can draw conclusions for yourself at that point.

should be available shortly, at which point i will add link. just a heads up, its not pretty.
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 12/16/2012 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well, I'm saying based on my experience. Only reason why it may be worse is you run out of mana with bears. But if you don't they deal far more damage (unfortunately). I really wish other skills could compete.
If I do run like your spec, I kill slower. I don't die, I don't run out of mana, but it just takes longer, mainly because spirit barrage is single target.
Cloud of bats is decent vs melee target that surround you. But only vs them. Although it still deals less damage than bears.
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 01:27 PMPosted by aerial
Well, I'm saying based on my experience. Only reason why it may be worse is you run out of mana with bears. But if you don't they deal far more damage (unfortunately).

yeah and die FAR more...

please link profile then, cause i wasnt running oom EVER and its completely obvious bears are retarded.
Reply Quote
My profile is in my profile. How hard is to change us to eu.. ;/

I wonder, what exactly increases your survival so much vs bears build. You can still do trick with acid cloud and freeze/stun ctc. Just instead of using 0 damage spirit barrage, *#@@@#*! them with bears. Same with cloud of bats. How is being in melee with cob safer than stutter stepping with bears?

I mean, I don't mind someone doing innovative playstyle, I only say it is nowher near as good as bears because it deals far less dps. You make it sound like your build is much better in every way, I just want to know why.
Reply Quote
Saygay

You say a windforce for a properly built scoundrel, dont you like the 15% Freeze xbow?
Reply Quote
Question, what do you think on running Manitou for SB?

Asking more for a uber solo set up, would it give us more damage?
Edited by Oranz#1757 on 12/16/2012 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
It's the gear not build. You have awesome build and !@#$ty gear it won't work, but if you have awesome gear you can make any build work that's what this game runs on. I use bear I haven't died yet and I don't play WD in god mode. MP10 on softcore was so last week though.
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Netadm1n
but if you have awesome gear you can make any build work that's what this game runs on

... no it doesnt. that is a misconception and you are a douche, btw.

12/16/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Netadm1n
I use bear I haven't died yet and I don't play WD in god mode.

good for you.

12/16/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Oranz
Question, what do you think on running Manitou for SB?

manitou is good, but WoS much higher dmg and it procs RoE as opposed to Manitou which you would only be using sparingly. its why i can spam AC and bats so much (see reflect encounter).

12/16/2012 01:40 PMPosted by aerial
I mean, I don't mind someone doing innovative playstyle, I only say it is nowher near as good as bears because it deals far less dps.

far less huh? what about against wallers? or RD, or the elites that split up and kite you?

you are assuming you are always doing damage, and you arent. i sustain dmg through battle. just be patient my vid is done uploading.

12/16/2012 01:40 PMPosted by aerial
You make it sound like your build is much better in every way, I just want to know why.

i never ever said that, all i said is this is how i play. and it works. thats all.

i hope you enjoy how much slower i do same run with cookie cutter bear build.

give me a break... why dont YOU upload vid of your kickass run and how you dominate RD and wallers.

or you can just blame the vid on my micro, build choice, gear, etc.

i dont care, form your own opinion... its america.

heres the link agan:

same gear. same run.
Reply Quote
I think I need some help
Reply Quote
OK, yeah i cna see where its giving me a ton of mana back, also, you are using a skorn, in this set up have you tried a 1h/good mojo and seeing how APS affects the dps side of it? perhaps for mp7-8 range? i personally don't think my gear and hold mp10 but i feel like with my 1h/mojo my SB spam does alot more damage simply bc i can get it out alto faster, which im seeing is more of a main move, and CoB is more for large melee group clearing
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Oranz
in this set up have you tried a 1h/good mojo and seeing how APS affects the dps side of it?

lower crits with bats, oom sooner. paper dps slightly less with my 400dmg uhkapian and manajuma. imo the ls you get from 1h mojo isnt enough.

this can easily hold up in lower mps tho, like 7-8 without any trouble, you could rock 3%ls there i would think.
Edited by SayGa#1564 on 12/16/2012 2:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Do you feel with 5k armor range that you'd still need it? im at 4800 now, before enchantress, and 10k form Horrify, and i see huge differance, but i also see alto of you guys only running 3500 range on armor? got my gear advice from a Wiz and he told me casters need alot of armor in there gear? this stand true for us WD? more i look more i see big time WD with small armor numbers.
Reply Quote
no this isnt important like it is for wiz for several reasons.

1: Horrify
2: Pets
3: No glass cannon
4: they only use dps skills (diamond shards) or lighting shield, neither of which soak up dmg

among many others. i prefer dodge. above 25% is pretty dang useful.
Reply Quote
I'd be curious to see an MP10 uber solo. You said bears were inefficient for Ubers, but the only 2 documented kills I've seen were both Bears.
Edited by Mau#1780 on 12/16/2012 6:14 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]