Diablo® III

All res or vit? hmm...

Got some cash to spend (~60 mil), and dont know if im suppose to aim for more vit or more all ress on my items. Or Am i fine with both atm and just go all in on dps?

Got 442 all res and 36.7 k hp.
Reply Quote
I would go for Vit.

check out d3up.com when purchasing items (I wish I had seen this sooner lol)
but I found that my character survived longer with more VIT than I did with higher resists.
Reply Quote
AR is king, but on your current stat you need to boost vit atm. Balance is key when it comes to survivability.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 02:14 PMPosted by ThePwet
AR is king, but on your current stat you need to boost vit atm. Balance is key when it comes to survivability.

Thats true balance is key.

When i first started gearing up I had 30k health + 700 resists. I kept getting one or two shotted.
my current build has 350 resists + 50k health survives noticeably better.

In addition to boosting my vit I also improved my armor which also had a huge effect on survivability.
Reply Quote
Just wondering what your all res is, lazy enough to not count it myself.

Btw, your dh is super awesome.
Reply Quote
ThePwet
Reply Quote
Just wondering what your all res is, lazy enough to not count it myself.

Btw, your dh is super awesome.

Only around 400+ ar atm with perfectionist. But my physical res is around 550. It was just ironic that every time i upgrade I always end up having a physical res stat on the item. Very big advantage since most attacks are always based on physical.
Edited by ThePwet#6321 on 12/17/2012 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
I would put a DH ideal resists at about 400AR if possible and stack on vit after that... Get dual resists items too to get stacks on individual elements. I have much higher poison and fire as that's common in the game. And more on physical too...

Eventually, it's a balancing act between EHP and dps.
Reply Quote
I was up to about 540 allres but I've been slowly bleeding it away and am down to 429. I know most DH prefer allres around 400, but I don't like the way it plays out when it's so low, so I'm looking (sort of mid/long term) to get it back up close to high 400s at least.
Edited by skp#1805 on 12/17/2012 6:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Balance.

All Resist is worthless if your life is too low to take a few shots.
Reply Quote
With my survival gear, I have 56k HP, 450AR and 4500 Armor with a bit more on Fire and physical resist while maintaining my DPS. For me it plays perfectly as items having hi dex, vit and AR are very expensive. You might want to look into which area is more important to you. I think HP should be improved 1st then you might want to look into armor. There are a lot of times when you can't avoid physical damage and armor is your savior . Of course the higher you have for everything the better but that all boils down to being wealthy and it's going to take time to get a big upgrades if you're the farming type. Take it one at a time.
Reply Quote
Right now life should be your priority - aim for 50K life and 400+ AR and you'll be good until really high MP.
Reply Quote
i try to keep myself at more than 50k hp with greater than 300 all resist with legacy nats and over 200k dps... not very easy to do, but I can do any MP level at all with more or less perma-gloom now, and survive even the biggest hits.

I think 50k hp and 300 AR is a minimum. I'd like more AR and hp both, but while maintaining legacy nats it's a challenge
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]