Diablo® III

Diablo 3 crashes in startup

I just reformatted my computer, and diablo 3 was in my windows.old I put in in my original programs map and then I tried starting it but it wouldn't launch cuz a .dll was missing so I downloaded the missing .dll and then when I started DiabloLauncer.exe the launcher was launching as it should. but when I click play it's loading like normally but just when it's supposed to start to diablo 3 fullscreen it just turns off and no crash report or anything. I've tried with window mode still same thing...

Is there any1 out there who know this problem? I haven't reinstalled yet, but I dont realy want to cuz I have slow internet and it will take me up to 3 days to fully install it...

So please help me!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
plooop,

Try deleting the My Documents\Diablo III\D3Prefs.txt file, then try the game again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I'm having the same problem. Click play from the launcher, screen changes modes and a second or 2 later, crash with the dialog:

"The application has encountered an unexpected error."

No other details. Diablo III\prefs.txt didn't make a difference.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Found it. The only thing that changed was installing RadeonPro. Killed that, everything is back to normal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]