Diablo® III

SnB Q&A Part 2

View profile
01/10/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Jook
there we go it updated, about 35k score boost from bracers huzzzah! 7-8 more paragon lvls and ill break 4mil

3.9M damn, i noticed phong stopped from upgrading recently, i dont think he can catchup with your score when you got that guard volition shoulders
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/10/2013 11:08 PM PST
took him down to china town
View profile
01/10/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Jook
took him down to china town

hahahaha yeah!
View profile
i kinda miss powpowboom and his liveliness, when is he coming back?!
guys sld i use a storm shield. minus 30k life but add more mitigation?
View profile
01/11/2013 03:54 AMPosted by Raygorn
guys sld i use a storm shield. minus 30k life but add more mitigation?

hey Raygorn, yes from what i see in your DP you have 150K HP which is huge but only have 2.2M EHP, try to increase your EHP up to 2.5M+ even if you need to sacrifice some of your HP.

if you check out mine, i only have 137k HP with with almost 4.6M EHP...

when it comes to HP you need to think more on Quality and not Quantity.

Hope the idea helps.

EDIT: Use EHP Calculator first before you buy anything just to be sure

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/11/2013 4:32 AM PST
Raw hp isnt a big deal its how effective you can make your hp that is. I remember having 200k hp but my effective hp was lower than it is now with 60k less health. because i sacrificed much to get hp high i didnt have the allres/dex/other reductions to balance it out to make that large hp pool more effective than a smaller hp pool that was more balanced out.

To answer your question a little more directly raygorn i cant find any situation where a rare shield outperforms a stormshield. Even the best rare shield in the entire game with the most desirable affixes is a 5x nerf for me.

Edit: heeey now i remember you! you were making a life regen barb hehe. Why dont you send me a friend request ill help you out with your questions if youd like
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/11/2013 4:32 AM PST
View profile
@Jook- yes you are right! he is the life regen barb thinking of going S&B or WW before! im happy to see he goes for S&B
tys everyone i will go storm shield
View profile
@Bruce - enjoy your new shoulders! =)
Thanks, Nike! Huge EHP boost!
guys sld i get a WH?
01/11/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984

That's a good question. I wonder what happened to him. This game ruins lives, I just hope he wasn't a victim.
Hi all, I am a new to this SnB community and would like to seek some advice before spending my money. I have around 130M at this moment. I wonder if i should spend all my money at once for a better sword. if yes, should i get a str/ias/cd/os and use bloodthrust or stick with str/ias/ls/OS? Thanks!
View profile
01/11/2013 07:27 AMPosted by CupCup
Hi all, I am a new to this SnB community and would like to seek some advice before spending my money. I have around 130M at this moment. I wonder if i should spend all my money at once for a better sword. if yes, should i get a str/ias/cd/os and use bloodthrust or stick with str/ias/ls/OS? Thanks!

Hi Cup, Welcome mate. I have viewed your profile in DP and shows 1M EHP with a Stormshield which needs a lot of improvement if you wish you go full blast MH DPS sword. Hence, we need to improve your survivability/EHP first before trying to increase your DPS. Below are some things you need to consider.

Survivability Improvement

1. get a Rare Pants with AR STR/VIT and 2 OS to replace your Inna's
2. get a mid-tier IK boots (100VIT/100STR) to gain 12ms lost from Inna's - by doing so you'll get the 3rd IK bonus which is -4% melee damage reduction (its a big ehp boost) - keep your ice climbers for future use.
3. Replace your Non-crit mempo with a VIT ones, you can get something like 200+ STR and 40+VIT for a very cheap price

With these upgrades i am suspecting you're EHP will reach at 1.5M (On a Witching Hour) which is already a good EHP for an S&B barb and then you can find a better sword afterwards and then slowly increase your DPS by getting new ammys, rings, chest etc.

Survivability first and everything comes next.

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/11/2013 9:06 AM PST
Posted by Nikeboy1984

That's a good question. I wonder what happened to him. This game ruins lives, I just hope he wasn't a victim.

He's taking a break and will come back when PVP is up
He said he might drop by every now and then... he's just focusing on RL right now
View profile
Posted by Nikeboy1984

He's taking a break and will come back when PVP is up
He said he might drop by every now and then... he's just focusing on RL right now

aww glad to hear that, i thought he quit already without saying goodbye to us
View profile
01/11/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Bruce
Thanks, Nike! Huge EHP boost!

Anytime, glad to help
hey guys, thanks for all the info in the snb thread.. definitely helps out the community.
View profile
01/11/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Kaps
hey guys, thanks for all the info in the snb thread.. definitely helps out the community.

feel free to drop by anytime and have some chat with us, anyone is welcome here.

btw nice pants! love that dex
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]