Diablo® III

SnB Q&A Part 2

Going back to the roots, scored myself a sword and board... Having fun now :)
why is everyone using stormshield, is it the best shield for SNB?
View profile
01/11/2013 10:13 PMPosted by SuperJJ
why is everyone using stormshield, is it the best shield for SNB?

Yes, the fact that a rare cannot cannot roll max 34% block chance, elite and melee damage reduction.

The vitality or life% roll on a rare shield can easily stack up on all other parts of your gear slots. If you check mine, all my gear slots from head to toe to accessories have VIT rolls except my SS.

In addition stacking a lot of VIT goes well with life% bonuses which can roll 12% on some slots and 16% for ammys.

Nike
turns out my barb makes a beter monk than most monks. Top 30 pvp dummy usa monk oh ya
Now the ah price is crazy, waiting for a right weapon to show up.
01/12/2013 12:54 AMPosted by Jook
turns out my barb makes a beter monk than most monks. Top 30 pvp dummy usa monk oh ya
lol if only your monk can kill anyone in pvp.
Yer barb probably makes a better anything than most anything..lol
01/11/2013 06:43 PMPosted by juhosevic
So I made the switch to SnB. I have to say.. It's different in a good way. I can actually type coherent sentences to my friends while ubering without the fear of dying. No MS on the boots is torture... I feel like a sloth. Ill have to get MS ice climbers before upgrading my weapon. What is a reasonable amount of dex to have? I want to get a litany with crit damage in place of my hellfire and ill be lower on dex...

I personally dont feel there is any mininums for dex, but it is rather a luxery to have once you have all your other stats in line with your character. I mean with the new paragon leveling, I dont feel it is necessary to "try" to get additional dex on your character, but is nice if you can get it on something and/or for a great deal.
PVP is coming!
fellow SnBers ... how do you think we will fare?
Do you think we can win vs the WW barbs? how about the throw barbs?

What about outside of our class? Monks? Wiz? WD? DH? (for some strange reason I'm afraid of those WD and DH....)
I really want to spectate some of you godly SnB barbs fights!! hahah so excited
View profile
Hey QHTran - i think it will be fun! everything is still a grey area for now and no one knows what will really happen.

But one thing is for sure, They will have a hard time to bring us down!
View profile
@Jook - man check the 2B shoulder now on AH, 230STR/150VIT/12%life/250Armor/70AR

does the 250 Armor has the same EHP boost to you compared to guard volition?
Found a pair of pants on AH with the stats I was looking for, pretty happy :)

Also, any suggestions on what I should focus on next?
Edited by PeakingDuck#1921 on 1/12/2013 8:46 PM PST
Found a pair of pants on AH with the stats I was looking for, pretty happy :)

Also, any suggestions on what I should focus on next?

I would really focus on getting a new 1 hander right now. Something with some natural CD on there or a wep in the 1300 type range w/ socket and high strength. This is provide a big doost to your dps.... very nice barb, keep up the good work.
PVP is coming!
fellow SnBers ... how do you think we will fare?
Do you think we can win vs the WW barbs? how about the throw barbs?

What about outside of our class? Monks? Wiz? WD? DH? (for some strange reason I'm afraid of those WD and DH....)
I really want to spectate some of you godly SnB barbs fights!! hahah so excited

Hard to say man, I think if we can leap our way to success we will be fine. Closing the distance against the ranged classes may be our biggest problem, or having to contend with a class like a CM wiz.

I am really not that worried about WW'ers.... I pretty much have a perm threatening shout buff going on with my gear against them and all other melee barbs. (15% Melee and 14% Elite reduction) , so I should be able to take their hits and dish our some nice hotas.

Throw barb..... I dunno.... Stun is going to be a mess! I might just throw in wep throw in my pvp build to contend with that.
@nike
yaaa those are actually beter than guard violition on me
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/12/2013 10:45 PM PST
Well I got lucky this morning and sniped this Sword for only 350mil.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2na0co2.png <-- Snipe Log

http://i46.tinypic.com/35337rs.png <-- Weapon Pic

You know, this might make sense but I noticed that even though my paper DPS is slightly lower with the Dire Saw my HOTA crits are much higher and overall it feels like I am doing more damage than I did with the Menacing Scale.
Edited by Crypter#1856 on 1/13/2013 7:32 AM PST
Id love to someday find a sword with those stats and life steal to go along with it. I probably wouldn't be able to afford it. But it is an auction i would be watching very closely nonetheless.
01/13/2013 07:21 AMPosted by Pwnani
Id love to someday find a sword with those stats and life steal to go along with it. I probably wouldn't be able to afford it. But it is an auction i would be watching very closely nonetheless.

You probably wont see that with LS.....seems like LS rolls with lesser stats. Anyhow you can make up for LS elsewhere.. Your wep should be all about DPS...then EHP...then Sustain... IMO
Well, I have read up on your thread in here, and I will have you know I do have a decent stormshield sitting my my stash collecting dust...and I believe with the knowledge I have gained looking at your posts I have constructed a few items I could transition out to be effective at SnB, but I would like to have your opinion of where to go from my current gear set. I am willing to purchase items to sub-out for a SnB build, but keep in mind I have no intention of completely becoming a convert.....this is more for a broader experience with the Barb class, and I want to become proficient with another spec (also, if dueling is ruled by SnB.....I don't want to be left behind)

My goals are to be an effective SnB build in PvP with purchasing the least amount of supplementary equipment. I realize any type of gear set for PvP is purely speculative...I do not care about farming, that is where I make my living with WW.

Like I said, I think I have come up with a plan....but I am turning to you guys (the pros) for a some confidence that what I am thinking is correct.
View profile
Well, I have read up on your thread in here, and I will have you know I do have a decent stormshield sitting my my stash collecting dust...and I believe with the knowledge I have gained looking at your posts I have constructed a few items I could transition out to be effective at SnB, but I would like to have your opinion of where to go from my current gear set. I am willing to purchase items to sub-out for a SnB build, but keep in mind I have no intention of completely becoming a convert.....this is more for a broader experience with the Barb class, and I want to become proficient with another spec (also, if dueling is ruled by SnB.....I don't want to be left behind)

My goals are to be an effective SnB build in PvP with purchasing the least amount of supplementary equipment. I realize any type of gear set for PvP is purely speculative...I do not care about farming, that is where I make my living with WW.

Like I said, I think I have come up with a plan....but I am turning to you guys (the pros) for a some confidence that what I am thinking is correct.

Hey Wayne thanks for dropping by, ive wrote some things you need to consider for pvp duel setup.

1. For a stand up fight against a barb/monk except throwbarb, you wont need any movement speed so you need to take advantage of boosting your EHP with less DPS impact.
1.1 Remove your IK boots and replace with Full Non-Ms Ice climbers with High STR, VIT and if you can find some DEX it will be cool as well, check mine or Uberjager's boots. The life% and core stats from ice climbers will help a lot during a stand up fight
1.2 Get a spare "rare" bracer with AR, balance STR/VIT with 100+ values, high cc, extra armor or DEX is cool as well.

2. Also Consider changing your IK belt with a Witching Hour for extreme DPS boost. I don't really think how LS is viable on pvp since damage will be reduced. This leaves you to 3 IK pieces with additional 4% melee reduction. So in total you'll have the following melee reductions
2.1 6% from IK Helm
2.2 6% from Stormshield
2.3 5% from IK Gloves
2.4 4% from 3 IK Bonus
Which equates to a whopping 21% melee damage reduction which will extremely boost your survivability on a stand up fight, imagine spamming that threatening shout with additional 20% more damage reduction.

3. You current Axe should do good for a MH but we strongly recommend a sword for the additional atkspeed and 15% damage from weapon mastery, I believe Celanian already explained in one of his threads why Sword is better than Axe/Mace. Look for something in the future like 1250+ DPS, OS, min base 50% crit, atkspd.

Cheers,

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/13/2013 8:21 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]