Diablo® III

SnB Q&A Part 2

I am planning to use Throw.
A throw barb in Nikeboy's team.
But after taking off weapon master, use 300spear and a skull grasp, dps drop so low.
202kdps left 138kdps lol... But spear deals extra 20%Dps output and no escape another 10%.
Still it doesn't look good to me.

Last major upgrade for me in gears would be an ik AR,ias glove.

I have high HP 106k, fairly good AR,dex, 24MS and 18%reduce melee.
18%+ High fear proc and 4.8Knock back. +50%Stun from Throw
Inspiring presence give me some total of 2500hp/sec.

My built in profile will probably be the skills i use.
Anyone (pros) give me some feedbacks?
Where can i improve? Any help will be much appreciated.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/13/2013 8:24 AM PST
View profile
But after taking off weapon master, use 300spear and a skull grasp, dps drop so low.
202kdps left 138kdps lol... But spear deals extra 20%Dps output and no escape another 10%.

hey man, thanks for dropping by, your throwbarb is like a tank man! i think with your current setup you'll do good as long as you can kite your opponent effectively. Currently there are 3 items you need to prioritise to upgrade.

1. Chest - get a surcoat with HIGH STR to boost your DPS
2. Gloves - get a High STR, VIT, atkspd Ik gloves to boost your DPS
3. Ring - Lastly consider changing your right ring and if you can find a bis quadfecta ring, it will significantly boost your DPS.

EDIT: i believe that chance to knockback on your bracers will cause some frustrations to your opponents lol

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/13/2013 8:34 AM PST
Thanks a lot Nike, I appreciate it. I have to say that my idea's were very similar, except for trading out my Lacuni's (more for the IAS then the move speed)

I was considering swapping out my IK helm for a Mempo (once again for the attack speed mainly) but also benefitting from the All Res. With my axe already being at 1.4 attack speed I hope it will suffice (I know swords are preferred, but due to budget concerns hear me out) And either WH, or I do have a 20% melee reduction Thunder God's Vigor with All Resist sitting in my stash as well....jury is still out if 41% melee reduction will be worth the damage loss from a WH....but I am willing to test it out.

I figure with weapons master (axe) and the crit chance increase from Storm Shield and potentially an IAS crit chance ring to replace my hellfire (or SoJ depending on if the cold damage/bonus to elites work against other players), my crit chance should be high enough to skimp on the Mempo a bit (no crit chance), tack on another 20 + % IAS from WH, Mempo, and a potential new ring should put me in a decent attacks per second with my axe. The all resist gain from Mempo and loss from IK belt to WH should even themselves out in that regard.

I figure with using higher coefficient tactics like Frenzy and the such my Life on Hit from my Axe should become more of a factor then my life steal and hopefully will help balance me out with sustain....not to mention I plan on resorting back to skills with inherent healing like Rend- Bloodlust and possibly Revenge....I figure with people resorting to high IAS in general Revenge may proc more often then not, and since it heals based upon a % of my life, it might just do the trick against pesky classes that rely on lots of smaller hits to burn a player down.

I do respect your gearing advice though, and am wondering if there is something I am overlooking with my opinion....this build is not really my specialty and I don't discount that I could easily pass over something very obvious.

EDIT: Just looked at your advice again and realized taking off my IK helm would bring me down to 15% melee reduction, and 35% with Thunder God's....I am unsure how much of a premium to put on this stat as opposed to the raise of IAS Mempo would provide.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/13/2013 8:42 AM PST

hey man, thanks for dropping by, your throwbarb is like a tank man! i think with your current setup you'll do good as long as you can kite your opponent effectively. Currently there are 3 items you need to prioritise to upgrade.

3. Ring - Lastly consider changing your right ring and if you can find a bis quadfecta ring, it will significantly boost your DPS.

EDIT: i believe that chance to knockback on your bracers will cause some frustrations to your opponents lol

Nike

Hmm.. was thinking of ias/AR ik glove.
Will consider High str/vit/ias ik glove. (Just never came into my mind)

Agree on my weak BT chest. Wana kick it off along time. =)

As for the ring... i had a hard time getting one. Scourging AH for days. Either overpriced or non.

Will continue upgrades. Hope we can have a good time in PVP later. Thanks.
View profile
@Wayne - Hey man, yes you are correct with that option, getting a non-crit mempo with additional AR and VIT will extremely boost your EHP since you will benefit the additional cc from WM as per using your Axe. You can find a very cheap ones with 200+STR/ 40+VIT/ but i do recommend get one with 9ias and 12%life to make the most of it.

Honestly im very keen to see how thunder god's vigor will do on a standup fight so i'm happy to test it with you during PTR to see its effect.

if you are planning to focus stacking up your atkspd, you may also need to consider using HOTA as your secondary attack of choice from frenzy.

and yes, upon replacing your ring, i suggest get a hybrid ring with additional EHP boost in it which shouldn't be very expensive, i saw one today with current 3m bid with the following stats. 40+ STR, 160+VIT, AR, 4cc, 40cd+.

Nike
View profile

Nike

Hmm.. was thinking of ias/AR ik glove.
Will consider High str/vit/ias ik glove. (Just never came into my mind)

Agree on my weak BT chest. Wana kick it off along time. =)

As for the ring... i had a hard time getting one. Scourging AH for days. Either overpriced or non.

Will continue upgrades. Hope we can have a good time in PVP later. Thanks.

yes, if you can find a good deal on the ik gloves with AR thats the way to go man.

we'll surely have fun ;)
@Wayne - Hey man, yes you are correct with that option, getting a non-crit mempo with additional AR and VIT will extremely boost your EHP since you will benefit the additional cc from WM as per using your Axe. You can find a very cheap ones with 200+STR/ 40+VIT/ but i do recommend get one with 9ias and 12%life to make the most of it.

Honestly im very keen to see how thunder god's vigor will do on a standup fight so i'm happy to test it with you during PTR to see its effect.

if you are planning to focus stacking up your atkspd, you may also need to consider using HOTA as your secondary attack of choice from frenzy.

and yes, upon replacing your ring, i suggest get a hybrid ring with additional EHP boost in it which shouldn't be very expensive, i saw one today with current 3m bid with the following stats. 40+ STR, 160+VIT, AR, 4cc, 40cd+.

Nike

Thanks for the heads up on what to look for in a ring....I am cursed with the plight of the WW barb where all rings must be strictly damage, but I will make sure to keep an eye out for a ring closer to your specifications.

As for the Mempo, I think going that route might give me the best overall balance...the 9% IAS will be more valuable then the extra crit chance from IK, which won't be needed because of the axe and SS, and the 6% melee damage reduction will be missed, but I do have the potential to add 20% to that with Thunder God's.

I have full intention to take you up on testing Thunder God's in the PTR....I plan on staying in contact and bugging you about that upon availability of the PTR, haha.

Thanks again man.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/13/2013 8:58 AM PST
View profile

Nike

Thanks for the heads up on what to look for in a ring....I am cursed with the plight of the WW barb where all rings must be strictly damage, but I will make sure to keep an eye out for a ring closer to your specifications.

As for the Mempo, I think going that route might give me the best overall balance...the 9% IAS will be more valuable then the extra crit chance, which won't be needed because of the axe and SS, and the 6% melee damage reduction will be missed, but I do have the potential to add 20% to that with Thunder God's.

I have full intention to take you up on testing Thunder God's in the PTR....I plan on staying in contact and bugging you about that upon availability of the PTR, haha.

Thanks again man.

No worries man, we all need to help one another so we can all learn and be at the same pace for pvp. btw i just bought a thunder god's vigor belt as well just now. lol

Cheers,

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/13/2013 8:59 AM PST
The ring is bidding at 20mil now B/o 80mil+.
Grab it if you want wayneold.

@nike you forget the precious 70+dex in the ring. =p

(i am one of the bidder) haha,
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/13/2013 9:01 AM PST
View profile
The ring is bidding at 20mil now B/o 80mil+.
Grab it if you want wayneold.

@nike you forget the precious 70+dex in the ring. =p

(i am one of the bidder) haha,

yeah man, im actually tempted to bid on that as well. if the cc goes to at least 4.5 i would buy it now.
I would love to, but I am actually holding out for one with 7% IAS so I can reach a new breakpoint with WW if I choose to use it with that build....I have to run all the numbers to make sure what I want is feasible, but I won't bid against you, heh....thanks anyway.

I would rather get 1 great ring I could use with either build then 2 good rings I have to swap around, lol....but my hands might be tied.....2 rings may be the way to go.
View profile
i just wore a thunder god's vigor and the ehp boost is huge

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/nikeboy1984-6661/Xena/22231737

i suggest you guys try to buy a good one now, we don't know this belt will raise its value after the patch, got mine for 1.5m only.
Hi there, i just recently went back to SNB and loving it (not work out as well with my monk though)

:)

if u see my profile i love the shield that i currently have
question is, i also have a SS with 27% block and 8 cc

Should i swop the 2 shields?

Any comments on my gear will be appreciated, i will be more than happy to learn but i am only a mid tier.... anything within 15m i can afford, anything else i cant hahaa

btw u guys are the most polite folks i seen in this forum
i just wore a thunder god's vigor and the ehp boost is huge

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/nikeboy1984-6661/Xena/22231737

i suggest you guys try to buy a good one now, we don't know this belt will raise its value after the patch, got mine for 1.5m only.

Also, I had a typo, I meant to say my thundergod's has life steal on it....it doesn't come with all resist to my knowledge.
@ Wayne,

Yeah I have a 20% Reduction Vigor as well, we will definetly have to test it out. I will have to pick up another IK Piece to use it however.

I agree with a lot of what Nike said, however, I think you may have the golden set up that no one is going. But again this is all speculation. But I was actually thinking about going towards something like what you currently have going on.... IK 5 Set Bonus for Fury Regen, CC Reduce, High Melee Reduction.

If the 5 Set Bonus is deemed not needed for PVP, then my suggestions would be about the same as Nike.

- Get some high stat non MS Ice Climbers (If you can afford MS go for it, maybe MS isnt worth it... 1.5 Bil for 12 MS? )
- MH is great even though its not a sword, the difference isnt to crazy and you get 10 % better chance to proc into the fray for fury.
- Pants - Might want to switch to BT Pants. Reason I suggest this is because you will get LOH and Life % from them and can greatly increase your overall EHP. Which can be big if you having to take on ranged dmg while fighting another melee class in an FFA. You will lose either a little strength or AR depending on if you get pants like mine or pants like Nike's. I just feel the pant slot needs to be about EHP, since there is such a great opportunity to get a lot of EHP from this slot ( and chest).
- SOJ - If its going to work in PVP (Elite Bonus) , then its BIS IMO.
- Left Ring - I would swap that bad boy for a GG ring, you may just end up doing this after you hit 100, since I know it sucks having to fork over a lot of gold for a ring you may not use for a while, im guessing your rolling with that hellfire till you hit 100, I did the same. But I would suggest getting all your DPS stats in there ( CC/CD/AVD DMG or AIS/STR) then either a mitigation stat or vit.
- Ammy - Keep your eyes peeled for a higher CD one, going to be hard. I suggest this because with the SnB set up your going to lose 100 CD from your ohh hand.
- Belt - Im rolling solo with my thoughts here, but I am an IK belt fan. I really feel the LS benefits are great for me. I can run a different third passive which allows my LS on my belt to be more effective since tough as nails increase my mitigation a bunch.
- Helm - A good mempo should be a great investment, like you said your getting 10CC from your SS, so the AIS will be great. Not sure if the 9 AIS will also help your WW Barb out, with another breakpoint. I personally do favor the following modifiers in this order though.... CC then CD then AIS. I think the high dmg out put from CC and CD works better for a lot of our skills and provides a better return on life steal. Or it could just be because i like seeing big yellow numbers lol....

For Builds, right now the best build we have as a SnB in my opinion is the HOTA Build.... which can be ran slightly different but you can get away with a little more flexibility with the Shield set up, since you can go more offensive with your skills....like not having to use war cry or whatever. You can play with that, but I am not totally sure whats going to be great come PVP. I think a good hota build with leap and ground stomp MAY be the way to go, but this is just from my imagination.

Anyways hope I provided some good feed back here, as I said before your a great player, so I am sure you will be owning some poor souls come pvp.
Hi there, i just recently went back to SNB and loving it (not work out as well with my monk though)

Any comments on my gear will be appreciated, i will be more than happy to learn but i am only a mid tier.... anything within 15m i can afford, anything else i cant hahaa

Hey man,

I suggest using your SS. You can a lot of Block % / AR / Melee and Elite Reduction. It is the way to go, I think wearing a shield says "I want to block !@#$", so you mine as well get one with the highest block % you can afford.

As far as upgrades for 15 M.... think your in the position where you need to save for a bit and move past your current breakpoint. I am not totally sure you can get a quality upgrade worth investing in for 15 M.

You do need the following when funds allow.

Ammy - need CC in this spot
Weapon - Something like your with open socket..... you dont need as high natural CD though, that can be very expensive if you try to get 90+ CD on a wep like yours.
Shoulders - Need vit and/or life % in this spot.

Hey man,

I suggest using your SS. You can a lot of Block % / AR / Melee and Elite Reduction. It is the way to go, I think wearing a shield says "I want to block !@#$", so you mine as well get one with the highest block % you can afford.

As far as upgrades for 15 M.... think your in the position where you need to save for a bit and move past your current breakpoint. I am not totally sure you can get a quality upgrade worth investing in for 15 M.

Weapon - Something like your with open socket..... you dont need as high natural CD though, that can be very expensive if you try to get 90+ CD on a wep like yours.

Thanks!!!!

i have 2 amulets
6 IAS with 97 CD and another with 8 CC and 90 CD
i use the speed one cos it gets me 3k more paper dps.... should i still go for the cc one?

i can see what you mean by the shoulders!!! will get one soon..... my other ones with vit just reduces my dps too much :(

Hey man,

Thanks!!!!

i have 2 amulets
6 IAS with 97 CD and another with 8 CC and 90 CD
i use the speed one cos it gets me 3k more paper dps.... should i still go for the cc one?

i can see what you mean by the shoulders!!! will get one soon..... my other ones with vit just reduces my dps too much :(

Well if your ammy is CC, has less stats on it such as the av dmg and strength, then go with the ais one. I would look for an ammy with similar stats as your ais one, but instead of ais get CC. Getting all three is really hard and expensive.... like mine. But the CC will help with your into the fray and keeping WOTB up, as well as increasing the frequency of your hota crits. Ammys like gloves is one of those places your have to capitilize on CC since you get can 10 CC there.
gonna be a lot more snb barbs come next patch
View profile
01/13/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Jook
gonna be a lot more snb barbs come next patch

yeah, win or lose, S&B for life, i will never drop my shield.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]