Diablo® III

SnB Q&A Part 2

Ok, my savings are building up, I might have enough to buy an upgrade!

My dps is 118k base, going to 154/175 with battle rage/frenzy. Crit chance is 50% base going to 53% with battle rage and another 8% on the belt for revenge.
I don't care about PvP, well, I won't really be viable for PvP on the back of a 350ms ping that is.
According to Diabloprogress, my ehp is 1,357k.
I usually play solo on mp4-6 or team up with buddies for mp8.
For ubers I usually switch to Hota/rend + bloodlust.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/asmodeous-1189/Krag/3662432

My first thought was to get another amulet with CC and as much CD/strength and something else like Ar or vit but most I've plugged into a calculator (d3rawr) that I can afford show a reduction in dps.
My next thought is to upgrade the chest/pants/shoulders and get another 200 odd vitality then I can loose the vitality on the braciers and get some lacuni's.

So, idea's and suggestions? Budget currently is about 90 atm plus sell anything I replace.
View profile
Hi All - fyi, i answered some questions about SS vs. Rare shield, just in case someone has the same concern or doubts.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593622140

PS: May not be applicable to all, but mostly applicable for everyone. use the calculator for verification
View profile
Ok, my savings are building up, I might have enough to buy an upgrade!

My dps is 118k base, going to 154/175 with battle rage/frenzy. Crit chance is 50% base going to 53% with battle rage and another 8% on the belt for revenge.
I don't care about PvP, well, I won't really be viable for PvP on the back of a 350ms ping that is.
According to Diabloprogress, my ehp is 1,357k.
I usually play solo on mp4-6 or team up with buddies for mp8.
For ubers I usually switch to Hota/rend + bloodlust.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/asmodeous-1189/Krag/3662432

My first thought was to get another amulet with CC and as much CD/strength and something else like Ar or vit but most I've plugged into a calculator (d3rawr) that I can afford show a reduction in dps.
My next thought is to upgrade the chest/pants/shoulders and get another 200 odd vitality then I can loose the vitality on the braciers and get some lacuni's.

So, idea's and suggestions? Budget currently is about 90 atm plus sell anything I replace.

@Asmodeus - great S&B barb man, I'm happy that you know what you need to change in your barb which proves that you are a full blooded S&B barb, so here's my take

1. Ammy - max out cc and cd on this slot, it call roll 10%/100%, look for something with core stats in it like STR, additonal VIT/DEX is a plus as well because you increase your EHP. Adding atkspd will cost you a lot so you can skip it for the meantime
2. Shoulder - Get a 200+STR, 100+VIT , AR, if you can afford something with life% and few DEX in it should be great as well. For budget reasons i will recommend you to go 200+STR/130+VIT, something with life% is really expensive.
*EDIT: Another option is to get a decent Vileward (200+STR, 50+VIT) to gain additional armor and Life Regen
3. Pants/Chest - make this your least priority for the meantime because what you are wearing is decent enough. In the future look for life% in your BT chest and, High Vit Roll for your BT pants for extreme EHP boost.
4. Bracers - You can also upgrade your bracers for a limited budget, get something with 100STR and VIT with 6cc for additional DPS boost

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/15/2013 12:07 AM PST
My recent upgrades boost my EHP quite a lot but not DPS... a little bit confused... should I trade off EHP for DPS? I am poor and can't afford a single gear for over 50m... not sure if I can reach 100k DPS unbuff or 150k paper DPS so that I can farm MP10 more efficient. I believe more and more ppl will farm MP10 after 1.07 :P
View profile
Thanks for the Shoulders Jook!! love it!
View profile
get ready for a lot more traffic here....in PTR right now, shield is helping a lot in dueling (as was expected)...it is one shot city so far though.
fabby let us know how it works out for you
how are you faring against 2 handers and dw?
do our SS mitigate enough dmg to let us dish out dmg?
So have they reduced damage overall at all, not at all, or not enough?

I pretty much expect two things. One, I expect they haven't reduced damage in pvp enough, if at all, compared to how much damage had to be reduced in Diablo 2. Two, I expect barbarians to be the worst simply because we start off with zero resource and everyone else starts off full, unless we use Unforgiving.
Edited by sfxer#1565 on 1/15/2013 1:46 PM PST
View profile
fabby let us know how it works out for you
how are you faring against 2 handers and dw?
do our SS mitigate enough dmg to let us dish out dmg?

right now, it is 1, maybe 2 shot madness regardless of how tanky someone is.

The WD is owning....DH is also killing fast and efficiently....and tanky throw barbs are doing quite well.
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 1/15/2013 2:20 PM PST
Whoa... seems like SS went up a ton in price.
@Asmodeus - great S&B barb man, I'm happy that you know what you need to change in your barb which proves that you are a full blooded S&B barb, so here's my take

2. Shoulder - Get a 200+STR, 100+VIT , AR, if you can afford something with life% and few DEX in it should be great as well. For budget reasons i will recommend you to go 200+STR/130+VIT, something with life% is really expensive.
*EDIT: Another option is to get a decent Vileward (200+STR, 50+VIT) to gain additional armor and Life Regen

Nike

Thanks for the advice. Everything you said was pretty close to what I was thinking. Good to hear that i'm on the right track.

Got a bit of luck (in that nobody tried to snipe me at the last minute) and bought new shoulders. Gained 8 str, 47 armor, but mostly 36 vitality and 5% life which increased my life by 3,500 approx. Assuming I get a reasonable price for my old shoulders, the upgrade should have cost only 5-10 million. Happy with that!

I'll keep my eye on the ah for other items. Hopefully I can get a nice amulet within my budget next. Even a modest 6% CC along with a high CD (85% + or so) along with high strength and some average damage, even +min or + max would be nice indeed.
Edited by Asmodeous#1189 on 1/15/2013 8:56 PM PST
View profile
Ok after playing sometime with a mate #1 DPS DH (480k unbuffed) in US Kamikaze#6577
it doesn't look bad and i don't get 1 shotted.

below is the build im using

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ackPXi!Zch!abYYac

it's a combination of extreme dodge, extreme mitigation (leap-iron impact), and ignore pain while having 3k/sec life regen thru inspiring presence which really helps a lot during cool downs. At the end of the day EHP still helps a lot however you need to have DPS as well because it's very difficult to get near them and once you had the chance just hit rend and that's it game over.

EDIT: However you may need to have a high HP to pull this off.

if you want to practice with us just add me Nikeboy1984#6661 an Kamikaze#6577

The only thing which really irritates me is that effin' smoke screen! damn.
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/16/2013 3:44 AM PST
Witch doctor.... They irritate me more. I was playing with a well geared WD friend - a combination of haunt, hex, spirit barrage, spirit walk and pets and bears seems impossible to deal with. Turning into a pig and getting zombie beared or exploding pets = game over. Add exploding pets and you're always on the defense. My only Chance was rend and run.

The extra block from helm of command seemed to help quite a bit.
View profile
Ok after playing sometime with a mate #1 DPS DH (480k unbuffed) in US Kamikaze#6577
it doesn't look bad and i don't get 1 shotted.

below is the build im using

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ackPXi!Zch!abYYac

it's a combination of extreme dodge, extreme mitigation (leap-iron impact), and ignore pain while having 3k/sec life regen thru inspiring presence which really helps a lot during cool downs. At the end of the day EHP still helps a lot however you need to have DPS as well because it's very difficult to get near them and once you had the chance just hit rend and that's it game over.

EDIT: However you may need to have a high HP to pull this off.

if you want to practice with us just add me Nikeboy1984#6661 an Kamikaze#6577

The only thing which really irritates me is that effin' smoke screen! damn.

Nike, I'd love to practice with you. The barbs i played with last night weren't strong enough. Most of them left in frustration. I was owning everyone last night, including DH's with full legacy nats. THe DH SS is OP, however, on cooldown, i can haunt them, then they die. I'm also playing with 2 well geared wiz's who have crazy dps which should be interesting for you guys. They use a variety of skills including Storm armor which on a high dps wiz can be OP

Witch doctor.... They irritate me more. I was playing with a well geared WD friend - a combination of haunt, hex, spirit barrage, spirit walk and pets and bears seems impossible to deal with. Turning into a pig and getting zombie beared or exploding pets = game over. Add exploding pets and you're always on the defense. My only Chance was rend and run.

The extra block from helm of command seemed to help quite a bit.

ya, at this point it really isn't fair. The WD has a ton of snares, stuns, invulnerability and pets that make it tough, then you throw in attacks that seek targets over distances and it is indeed game over.
View profile
@fabby - hey fabby, thanks for dropping by, yeah someone has told me that WD are owning everyone, i haven't tried WD let's play tomorrow i will add you.
View profile
01/11/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984
i kinda miss powpowboom and his liveliness, when is he coming back?!

01/11/2013 06:52 AMPosted by Crypter
i kinda miss powpowboom and his liveliness, when is he coming back?!

That's a good question. I wonder what happened to him. This game ruins lives, I just hope he wasn't a victim.

LOL...guys, you're probably wondering what a witch doctor is doing posting in a S/B barb thread lol.

Well, look at the name of this barb:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/powpowboom71-1665/hero/3428235

now look at the name of my witch doctor lol
View profile
damn is that you powpowboom? for real? thats why that name sounds familiar! hahaha
well after playing some pvp the last couple days I am concluding that PVP as it exists today is terribly implemented and not worth it IMO. They need some major dmg nerfs and balancing in the PVP arena and maybe implement some diminshing returns on CC effects.

Right now it is very boring. Plus, with no scoring of any kind and such quick deaths it is just dumb... also maybe some group play so it's not just a FFA.
View profile
01/16/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984
damn is that you powpowboom? for real? thats why that name sounds familiar! hahaha

ya bro! its me powpowboom. I've been here the whole time, but i'm disguised as a witch doctor lol.

I IM'ed QHTran in game and told him I was taking a break. And i did take a break. BUt someone bought me the d3 box for Christmas so I decided, oh well, why not...but this time, i'm gonna roll a char that will own in PvP...at least that is the goal

I still know how to play S and B though, so i hope you guys don't mind me hanging out here. I can still give some decent advice
View profile
damn man we miss you! haha of course you are very welcome here, but dont forget you are still an S&B barb and not some weird voodoo guy! LOLL
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]