Diablo® III

SnB Q&A Part 2

I havent' tried LS but yeah you are correct with that as i noticed when i use pots on normal it doesnt heal much compared to inferno. Can you test this to confirm?

Will need to try this with same person on 2 different difficulties and see how much life I gain back from LS by hitting him. Test it when I'm playing again later.
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/16/2013 6:10 PM PST
01/16/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Orion
I havent' tried LS but yeah you are correct with that as i noticed when i use pots on normal it doesnt heal much compared to inferno. Can you test this to confirm?

Will need to try this with same person on 2 different difficulties and see how much life I gain back from LS by hitting him. Test it when I'm playing again later.

Just tested Life Steal on Inferno and Normal difficulty. There is no nerf to Life Steal in the PvP arena even on Inferno. Life Steal is operating at 100%.

Just tested Life Steal on Inferno and Normal difficulty. There is no nerf to Life Steal in the PvP arena even on Inferno. Life Steal is operating at 100%.

@Orion, can you test LS with REND/Bloodlust if it can help you stay alive?
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/16/2013 9:50 PM PST
01/16/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Sure, let you guys know when I've tested.
Hello Nikeboy, I need some pro tips about dueling with monks and DHs. I dueled with few decent monk and dh before, my damage is enough to kill them, but I just have no way to beat them most of time.

currently have no igg for upgrading now,and i feel like hota is kind useless in pvp? is it a good idea to sell the hota gear for a upgrade now?
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/oznark-1562/Oznark/3208467
@Oznark, hota isnt useless especially vs fellow barbs. It's much less effective vs high dodge rate opponents though. One crit from hota should still easily take out WD, mage even barbs when wotb.

Against dodger like DH and monks, rend simply shines becoz of 100% hit rate. You might want to make your decision later, after tweaks and more builts setup are tested in ptr.
Edited by Horngyuh80#6218 on 1/17/2013 3:44 AM PST
Hello Nikeboy, I need some pro tips about dueling with monks and DHs. I dueled with few decent monk and dh before, my damage is enough to kill them, but I just have no way to beat them most of time.

currently have no igg for upgrading now,and i feel like hota is kind useless in pvp? is it a good idea to sell the hota gear for a upgrade now?
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/oznark-1562/Oznark/3208467

hey man HOTA is useless if you are fighting someone with very high dodge, use rend/lacerate instead.

For DH. i have tried 1 vs 1 with the #DPS DH in US and gotta say that very high EHP and life regen is necessary, because first you need the mobility to catch up with them while taking massive amount of damage until you can hit rend, but it's an instant kill for them

You will see below that i have almost died before i catch the DH and hit rend, and that is already with Ignore Pain, WC, 3k/sec Regen/ 140k HP and Leap iron impact

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zpk2tl.png

As for WD i haven't tried it yet.

The only Kryptonite for S&B barbs up to date is the REND-SKORN build as what i have tested with Joch, no matter how huge your EHP or HP it's just instant kill when it crits.

Dual Wielders with an insane atkspeed is not an issue to us as per my experience with my mate Saberfenix.

EDIT: I can endure almost anything, DH, Monk, Wiz except a Skorn-Rend. Trust me.

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/17/2013 5:37 AM PST
Bump for @Jook, @BALLER, @Crypter,

hows PTR testing?
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/17/2013 8:02 AM PST

Tested Rend - Blood Lust and its pretty useless as expected, unless the person has very high HP but very low Damage Reduction, say like 250k HP with only 200 Res for example (same reason why it works so well against mobs), cos it's based on the amount of HP damage they take. Against most with good damage reduction, 9% of the HP damage done is too little to heal up.
Edited by Orion#6600 on 1/17/2013 8:22 AM PST

Tested Rend - Blood Lust and its pretty useless as expected, unless the person has very high HP but very low Damage Reduction, say like 250k HP with only 200 Res for example (same reason why it works so well against mobs), cos it's based on the amount of HP damage they take. Against most with good damage reduction, 9% of the HP damage done is too little to heal up.

Great stuff, thanks man for the feedback.

got an invite from Moldran for a duel! very excited.
has anyone tried the effectiveness of a Thunder God Vigor and the 20% reduction?

hows PTR testing?

Not enjoying it, seems my choice to go for balance is not playing out so well in PVP. My EHP is good enough to fight other barbs, but when it comes to good DH's (like Kamikaze) I get owned bad. That and I still havn't found a good build that works with my gear and stats. Seems I keep trying different things out but no time to test when your getting caught in a !@#$ storm / cluster %^-*.
Hello Nikeboy

Ive been following this thread for quite some time and was wondering if you could give me some advice for a fellow S&B HOTA barb. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Goon

hows PTR testing?

Not enjoying it, seems my choice to go for balance is not playing out so well in PVP. My EHP is good enough to fight other barbs, but when it comes to good DH's (like Kamikaze) I get owned bad. That and I still havn't found a good build that works with my gear and stats. Seems I keep trying different things out but no time to test when your getting caught in a !@#$ storm / cluster %^-*.

Crypt, its powpow...add my WD on ptr and we can practice together...i'll let you win every now and then, so you don't get too discouraged ;)

@fabby or should I say powpow ;)
welcome back man, made it back right on time for PVP an owing everyone .... wish you did it as a SnB Barb though = P

hey QH, thanx! i'm still a S&B at heart and this pretty much is the only thread i read on the barb forum now lol
Edited by fabbyhunter#1917 on 1/17/2013 11:15 AM PST

hows PTR testing?

PVP is BUSTED if Khaldros is not able to kick !@# and take names. I have not played any pvp yet but if that build cant get it done then no sense in me even trying. I will gear up my SNS wiz like a champ and have a go with him.
Ok i understand your concerns, i get owned too my top DPS players in other class and the skorn-rend.

i think the only chance that w can do better in pvp (assuming they don't reduce the damage) is if they buff the block amount of the shield. That's my thoughts for now.
after seeing this post and its supporters it has inspired me to ditch my axe and ef ww build for a SnB hota setup.. i am enjoying it more and finding surviving things that used to kill me more likely..

i wonder if those in the know could direct me to my next upgrade and/or suggestion.. i currently key farm mp7 successfully and would like to move up the mp ladder and even become capable in mp10 ubers..

im aware i have no ms.. my next thought was a good lacuni.. but id have to make up the vit/ar else where.. i dont think im inna pants ready so i guess i will also have to save for a ms ice climbers.. or replace the feet all together? i dont have a big budget but im willing to farm and save and put in the work to get the upgrades..
im open to thoughts and suggestions..

on a slight variant of topic.. it seems to me those of us who decide to wield a shield are held in some sort of 'nub' or 'gimped' opinion by the community.. (atleast some of the general/trade chat iv dealt with and been called out and ridiculed by) i happen to like the idea and feel of SnB so i will stick by it.. i also wish to be prepared when dueling comes to live..

but i wonder why im considered 'retarded' by some when they see i have a shield instead of dw? maybe those people are just epeen try hards? thoughts?
It's because they don't understand that Shield gives you 10% crit chance, same as axe/mace passive. They also don't understand that you don't need the 15% increased attack speed from dual-wielding because swords are naturally faster weapons, and the 15% damage increase from Sword Mastery increases their damage.

The biggest reason, however, is that those people like to use their offhand slot to stack up crit damage and life leech, instead of building those requirements into the rest of their gear. In short, it's cheaper to build a DW character without block and get away with lower EHP as a WWDT barb.

I think you could get that VIT you would lose from your bracer by upgrading to a pair of STR/VIT Ice Climbers. You don't have any VIT on there, so that's the obvious place to look for alternative VIT stats.
@Morph - so far in the existence of this S&B thread no one has come in here and trolled so i am assuming they respect our build. Don't listen to the General chat and ignore them, if you check the origin of this thread which started by QHtran, he ask for help because shield users are being insulted in the General Chat.

If you wish you do good in pvp you need to have a balance of EHP and DPS, too much EHP is nnon-sense in PTR if you cannot kill, while having too much DPS is more non-ses because they can 1 shot you

nahh, i have dueled with top tiered DW Frenzy barbs and i got to say that they cannot easily faceroll me. It's a good match between DW and S&B but so far S&B has a huge advantage against them based on my experience on a stand up fights.

Well against Skorn Barbs is a different story, for now they have huge advantage on standup fights because of it's powerful rend/lacerate which myself cannot withstand and dodged.

The only chance we can kill a Skorn barb is if we have WOTB active and if we luckily hit them with HOTA assuming we dont ran out of fury. So resource is very important as well

but to pull this off the key is to have balance of both good/defense and great/offense.
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/17/2013 5:48 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]