Diablo® III

SnB Q&A Part 2

Any suggestions for my barb from you guru's? Yes, I know I need a better weapon with CD but they are so freaking expensive and I keep hoping that one will drop for me.

My profile is showing WOTB but I usually have HoTA in that slot. So any build advice is also very welcome.

Man your barb is pretty sick, hard to think what to do from here.....

Tough call with the stormshield, because your going to lose a whole lot of HP when it your current shield goes. So something to think about, when you get a stormshield, you are going to have to get HP from other places. Things that I can see bring you a lot of HP would be your shoulders and ammy.

I think your weapon is pretty good for now man, since it has such high strength on it, it pretty much acts as a good amount of CD.

So to round it up....

1 - Get a stormshield.. high block/CC
2 - Ammy with some HP in it
3 - Better shoulders with more HP
4 - higher DPS Wep with CD and open socket.

Then down the line you can think about getting some ice climbers for more strength and hp.

For build advice.....

I like your current build your showing for high mp group play or at a MP where you are not totally comfortable, its almost impossible to die with that build.

But you if you want best high mp dps build.... I would just swap revenge out for HOTA and use thrive on choas WOTB rune. Make sure to use into the fray battle rage when running the HOTA build, i forgot to check if you had it on or not.
View profile

hey man, before we make some advice, can you let me know what mp level are you comfortable playing at?

I am most comfortable at 4, everything up to act III is easy. I am currently trying out MP 5 and it isn't much different, elites just take more time to bring down.

mate can you try the following?

1. change ignore pain to WC impunity
2. Overpower to HOTA/SMASH
3. Frenzy sidearm to maniac
3. Battle Rage Marauder's Rage to Into the fray
4. WOTB Insanity to Thrive on Chaos.

try it first on mp 1 or 2 till you get comfortable to the skill set then go MP5 afterwards.

also do you have some budget to increase your atkspd? i just saw you DP profile with RAW 1.20 atkspd which is your major weakness...

cheers,

nike
Any suggestions for my barb from you guru's? Yes, I know I need a better weapon with CD but they are so freaking expensive and I keep hoping that one will drop for me.

My profile is showing WOTB but I usually have HoTA in that slot. So any build advice is also very welcome.

Tough call with the stormshield, because your going to lose a whole lot of HP when it your current shield goes. So something to think about, when you get a stormshield, you are going to have to get HP from other places. Things that I can see bring you a lot of HP would be your shoulders and ammy.

I think your weapon is pretty good for now man, since it has such high strength on it, it pretty much acts as a good amount of CD.

So to round it up....

Then down the line you can think about getting some ice climbers for more strength and hp.

For build advice.....

I like your current build your showing for high mp group play or at a MP where you are not totally comfortable, its almost impossible to die with that build.

But you if you want best high mp dps build.... I would just swap revenge out for HOTA and use thrive on choas WOTB rune. Make sure to use into the fray battle rage when running the HOTA build, i forgot to check if you had it on or not.

Thanks for the response bro. You pretty much confirmed what I was thinking almost verbatim. Getting some HP from better shoulders shouldn't be too difficult but I really like my ammy. It's very well-rounded and you may have noticed that I still like to have my MF maxed out on whatever MP I'm playing. Call me old-fashioned...... :-)

So to round it up....

For build advice.....

Thanks for the response bro. You pretty much confirmed what I was thinking almost verbatim. Getting some HP from better shoulders shouldn't be too difficult but I really like my ammy. It's very well-rounded and you may have noticed that I still like to have my MF maxed out on whatever MP I'm playing. Call me old-fashioned...... :-)

Your old fashioned :)

Well if you dont want to part with ammy, you could always add HP in your belt and chest (Way expensive) or get the depth diggers with 2 sockets and same stats as yours.. You got a lot of options, which is good. I feel like SnB barbs need to focus on HP somewhere in there barb. Like for me and Nike, we did it on our chest/pants. So we didnt have to worry about it in as many places. Like in those two items alone, I get like 770 vit and 8% life. So I didnt have to worry about going HP on my ammy, rings, ect. So if you can focus the HP around your core (Chest/Pants/Belt), you should be fine and be able to keep a more dps oriented ammy in.... even magic find lol!

Well if you dont want to part with ammy, you could always add HP in your belt and chest (Way expensive) or get the depth diggers with 2 sockets and same stats as yours.. You got a lot of options, which is good. I feel like SnB barbs need to focus on HP somewhere in there barb. Like for me and Nike, we did it on our chest/pants. So we didnt have to worry about it in as many places. Like in those two items alone, I get like 770 vit and 8% life. So I didnt have to worry about going HP on my ammy, rings, ect. So if you can focus the HP around your core (Chest/Pants/Belt), you should be fine and be able to keep a more dps oriented ammy in.... even magic find lol!

Excellent points. I think the shoulders will be a starting point and then work on the pants. Tbh, I'd be happy with a solid 50-55k HP. My toon is pretty tough as it is and if I can somehow find a weapon with some Life Steal, I'll be golden. Your pants are absolutely SICK btw. Holy freaking crap..

mate can you try the following?

1. change ignore pain to WC impunity
2. Overpower to HOTA/SMASH
3. Frenzy sidearm to maniac
3. Battle Rage Marauder's Rage to Into the fray
4. WOTB Insanity to Thrive on Chaos.

try it first on mp 1 or 2 till you get comfortable to the skill set then go MP5 afterwards.

also do you have some budget to increase your atkspd? i just saw you DP profile with RAW 1.20 atkspd which is your major weakness...

cheers,

nike

Okay I tried out HOTA, it makes things so much faster. I'd like to keep Overpower for the critical hit chance. I have about 8 mil to spend on gear. I was looking into stormshields but I do realize I have no IAS at all. I did find a low end Lacuni Prowlers on my run, they add IAS but I lose about 70 AR. I'll look into replacing one of my rings with IAS and CC. Thanks.
90 Tauren Druid
So I posted in the last thread about my gear and Nike helped me out, thanks again. Now I have another question for you guys. Do you guys just farm MP5 all day because i have thrown on a second weapon and just farm MP1 for the faster paragon leveling. What would you suggest, max/mid MP farming or low MP just to raise the Paragon faster.
12/31/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Oomtree
So I posted in the last thread about my gear and Nike helped me out, thanks again. Now I have another question for you guys. Do you guys just farm MP5 all day because i have thrown on a second weapon and just farm MP1 for the faster paragon leveling. What would you suggest, max/mid MP farming or low MP just to raise the Paragon faster.

Im doing the SWW thing on MP3 right now, strictly for leveling and to be honest, I am getting a TON of great loot here.

I suggest XP farming on the highest mp level where your nados 100% kill everything on one pass.

Only reason to go above that is for key farming IMO, then I would do the highest MP that you can handle.

Excellent points. I think the shoulders will be a starting point and then work on the pants. Tbh, I'd be happy with a solid 50-55k HP. My toon is pretty tough as it is and if I can somehow find a weapon with some Life Steal, I'll be golden. Your pants are absolutely SICK btw. Holy freaking crap..

Yeah, the reason why I brought up the HP thing is because I was thinking about the future of your barb. This way you can go strictly mitigation maintance and dps enhancement from there on out.... ya know? Dont want to ever worry about getting yourself in a hole, where you cant get out, 55k HP should be plenty to. I dont need all my HP, just helps with my scores and stuff lol.....
Yep, you and I think alike. Once I can get a bit more HP, I can then strictly concentrate on incremental upgrades with the goal of maximum DPS. I want to be able to farm MP5 or 6 as fast as I can MP3 right now--which is to say everything dies extremely quickly and the only thing that limits my efficiency is how fast I can walk. :-)
im contimplating dropping some ehp for more dps.. right now im leaning towards a very good witching hour because i think it would be the best dps boost to ehp loss ratio item i can swap.
What do you guys think. cant say wep :P
Been following this thread since it was started, My question is this. I'm thinking of dropping my old boots for non MS Ice Climbers how much of a factor is MS on a SnB barb.If I do this other than Lacuni's what other legendary's or set pieces have MS on them.
Hi guys & Happy New Year!!

I am running an S&B HotA build with what I believe a fairly decent (not uber for sure) EF 1169 Dps with a 28% Storm Shield +9 cc. My initial build focus had been strength & AR, recently attempting to balace with LoH, CC and IAS.

Seem to have hit a wall at MP5, dying too often and time to kill elite packs increasing.

Asking for advice on how-to advance my build for MP5+.

I believe that I have some good pieces, just not quite comming together...

thanks

Oh...and budget $50mill+
im contimplating dropping some ehp for more dps.. right now im leaning towards a very good witching hour because i think it would be the best dps boost to ehp loss ratio item i can swap.

Well I first off, i absolutely hate the EF! One of my running buddies got one and it drives me nuts! His has like 19% fear and makes me want to rage on some fools.

Yeah man, I say for go for it. There has got to be a nice one with good AR/VIT on it, to where you wont take a huge hit in EHP either.
12/31/2012 05:11 PMPosted by GrannyGoose
Been following this thread since it was started, My question is this. I'm thinking of dropping my old boots for non MS Ice Climbers how much of a factor is MS on a SnB barb.If I do this other than Lacuni's what other legendary's or set pieces have MS on them.

I suggest rolling with atleast 12% MS, makes things much more enjoyable.

I think ice climbers would be a great move and definetly help your barb out. I would just get some non MS ones like you planned and get some AR Lacunis..... CC if you can afford, if not get CC ones with armor atleast, so you have some mitigation going on there. Not sure what your budget is. If you cant get CC ones, then try to get ones with high strength and AR.

The only other gear item for MS that I would even think about doing would be the Tyreals Might chest piece. But even then, I wouldnt fully suggest it, since its generally a big HP drainer and in a spot where you can load up on HP. But there are some pretty good ones out there.
Hi guys & Happy New Year!!

I am running an S&B HotA build with what I believe a fairly decent (not uber for sure) EF 1169 Dps with a 28% Storm Shield +9 cc. My initial build focus had been strength & AR, recently attempting to balace with LoH, CC and IAS.

Seem to have hit a wall at MP5, dying too often and time to kill elite packs increasing.

Asking for advice on how-to advance my build for MP5+.

I believe that I have some good pieces, just not quite comming together...

thanks

Oh...and budget $50mill+

Yes, you have some very nice pieces. I think you can ditch the EF and get a better wep with a socket on it.... the higher levels of CD will set up your DMG to be much higher, with added CC and CD elsewhere. Pick up a rare wep with socket and stats on it and youll be much happier. You should have some left over gold to buy an ammy with 7+ CC / 70 + CD / Str / VIT ...... You need vit pretty bad, so I would focus on getting an ammy with a good amount on vit.

But I think you will be fine one you get your build worked out and since you are using hota already I suggest the following.....

1 - Rend Bloolust

2 - War Cry - Impunity

3 - Battle Rage - Into the Fray

4 - Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity or Thrive on Choas, not sure if you can keep thrive going on or not.

Left Click - Cleave (Since you have the bonus in the IK Belt)
Right Click - Hota - Smash
View profile

Well I first off, i absolutely hate the EF! One of my running buddies got one and it drives me nuts! His has like 19% fear and makes me want to rage on some fools.

Yeah man, I say for go for it. There has got to be a nice one with good AR/VIT on it, to where you wont take a huge hit in EHP either.

Yeah man, look for a witching hour with AR/VIT/DEX (yes it can roll a DEX with VIT), for lesser EHP impact. with 9%atkspd and 40+cd
Hi guys, happy new year to all s&b. and happy to see that we have continue to part 2. Well, with some gold earned, I have bought a TWH, of course not as good ad crypter and Nike have, but with limited budget, I can't complaint about abut it. And also bought a lacuni with 69AR to replace the lost of AR of previous IK belt. Baller has advised me b4 to look for a weapon and yes mate, I am watching closely on it. I guess after the WH and lacuni, weapon is my 1st priority now to boost dps more. But I am still considering whether to get IK chest with 160str/160vit to get back AR bonus but this will sacrifice more Hp that blackthorne offered. If I do that, I more like following crypter build. Lastly, of course I need a mempo with CC, but its way too expensive, the price doesn't seem like dropping to my budget range. So I will hold it till last upgrade. Sorry guys as I do not have as much golds that you guys have, but still yr advice are really helping at all time......
Happy New Year S&B Barbs -- Keep on tanking!
Very nice informative thread. Keep on rolling. And Happy New Year all SnB barbs.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]