Diablo® III

SnB Q&A Part 2

I just snagged a Stormshield 196 STR, 8.5 % crit, 34% block for only 10 mil buyout off the AH. Which one of you missed a zero? Now I just need a good sword and I can start to convert to SnB!
Edited by sfxer#1565 on 1/19/2013 9:03 PM PST

What do you all think?

I got some nice rare bracers with high strength/vit/ar/6 cc as well, may use those instead of my lacunis as well.

Looks good. I think IK helm can get Reduce Crowd Control Duration on it too. That would also be a good option, although the 11% life roll is sweet for more inspiring presence gains.

With regards to Lacuni's vs. rare for more STR/VIT EHP:

Lacuni's does provide more run speed, which never hurts, but you may be able to do without it due to perma-sprint. Lacuni's attack speed, although it doesn't effect the damage of rend, does effect the speed of the attack animation. If your attack animation takes too long, your target might escape your range...
In case you didn't know, the percentage life is a standard roll on IK Helm.
Been able to upgrade chest and legs... looking for shoulders now. Should I favor Vile Wards over rares? I do not intend to PvP, although currently rated top 100 in Americas for PvP... odd, but guess it's my WoW nature showing through.

Without gem in helm and normal ring (instead of hellfire), still ranked top 250 for pvp. Not too bad for barbies everywhere I guess!
Edited by Bludkraze#1953 on 1/19/2013 10:01 PM PST

What do you all think?

I got some nice rare bracers with high strength/vit/ar/6 cc as well, may use those instead of my lacunis as well.

Looks good. I think IK helm can get Reduce Crowd Control Duration on it too. That would also be a good option, although the 11% life roll is sweet for more inspiring presence gains.

Lacuni's does provide more run speed, which never hurts, but you may be able to do without it due to perma-sprint. Lacuni's attack speed, although it doesn't effect the damage of rend, does effect the speed of the attack animation. If your attack animation takes too long, your target might escape your range...

Thanks man. My plan was to have a very high dmg main hand to put off better rends and hits in general. Then to get an IK 5 Set, so I can either have a boatload of fury regen with unforgiving or be able to use 2 armor passives if my fury regen seems to be enough.

Ill probablly end up putting my rare bracers one for pvp, my EHP goes was up with them and I dont really see AIS helping me out a ton, especially against another barb, as it is usually just a leap and rend rest.

The IK helm I have on has the random roll of AR, so you are unable to get it with CC reduce and AR.
Ballin weapon, Baller.
12/30/2012 11:33 AMPosted by BALLER
When does Tough as Nails > Superstition?

I personally feel once your AR is above 600 tough as nails is the way to go. It is currently what I use. Plus, the added armor helps you in all situations, not just against elemental damages.

Tough as nails does not generate fury, furthermore I don't think many people have an issue with damage other than elemental aoe.
View profile

Thanks man. My plan was to have a very high dmg main hand to put off better rends and hits in general. Then to get an IK 5 Set, so I can either have a boatload of fury regen with unforgiving or be able to use 2 armor passives if my fury regen seems to be enough.

Ill probablly end up putting my rare bracers one for pvp, my EHP goes was up with them and I dont really see AIS helping me out a ton, especially against another barb, as it is usually just a leap and rend rest.

The IK helm I have on has the random roll of AR, so you are unable to get it with CC reduce and AR.

Great stuff man, i also discussed this with Jook as well, looks 5 IK pieces is the way to go for us in pvp, i already got my helm, gloves, boots, -5 throw belt and will get the chest sometime soon.

EDIT: because from what i have tested duelling with other classes, my dps and ehp doesn't matter when i have 0 fury. So resource is very important.
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/20/2013 12:05 AM PST
Would like some advice from you guys :). I can do mp7/8 with some trouble for SB/Kullie only. Should I get rare pants instead of BT? I know a higher block chance ss is needed but that's more of a long term goal. Was aiming for WH but losing the 2 piece IK bonus is pretty painful.

Thanks in advance
Ahhh the AR roll... I understand now.. Well, if you had enough AR, you could then get an IK helm that rolled CC reduce. Might be good vs. those WD's...

It's just that there is supposed to be some global pvp crowd control reduce debuff to all CC spells, but it's not working right now. Once that works, combined with CC reduce gear, that'll make all those crowd control spells last much less (e.g. hex).
Would like some advice from you guys :). I can do mp7/8 with some trouble for SB/Kullie only. Should I get rare pants instead of BT? I know a higher block chance ss is needed but that's more of a long term goal. Was aiming for WH but losing the 2 piece IK bonus is pretty painful.

Thanks in advance

I'd definitely get some better pants (with sockets and lots of vit). They're relatively cheap too for rares (can even get +armor on them). Mine cost me 80 million gold, but I got them on bid and no one went against me.

Also, I slap on IK boots instead of IC for ubers to get the 2 piece IK. Minor dps loss for more resist.

You have some wiggle room, I'd try to get your CD up a bit. Also shoot for a 10% crit SS. The block % is nice, but 10% crit is a necessity out of the gate for S&B - IMO.

Do you prefer the EF or is it just the best you have come across? I'd look into a wep with some CD/IAS and Str with a socket if possible.
Edited by Bludkraze#1953 on 1/20/2013 12:15 AM PST
SnB is only for ubers and WW is usually my farming build which is why I am using EF instead of a sword. I have been looking for a cheap one though but don't really want to spend too much since SnB isn't my main build.
01/20/2013 12:20 AMPosted by xxxkan
SnB is only for ubers and WW is usually my farming build which is why I am using EF instead of a sword. I have been looking for a cheap one though but don't really want to spend too much since SnB isn't my main build.

Are you dying to Kulle and SB or your running out of time with enrager?

@ Nike,

Thanks man, I think it will be the way to go for the arena. I am still going to be loyal to the BT set outside of the arena however. I need to show my abs off as much as I can..... LOL! I am now dead broke because of this stupid chest and boots, I have always like the helm, so not really complaining there.
View profile
01/20/2013 12:58 AMPosted by BALLER

@ Nike,

Thanks man, I think it will be the way to go for the arena. I am still going to be loyal to the BT set outside of the arena however. I need to show my abs off as much as I can..... LOL! I am now dead broke because of this stupid chest and boots, I have always like the helm, so not really complaining there.

Yeah i agree , i wont be selling my BT stuff as well, i like your new ik chest man and ive been looking with the same stats, how much did u scored for it?
View profile
finally got my -4 wep throw SOJ! with the -5 from belt gives me a total of -9 which means i can already free up bash/frenzy as my primary atk and just use wepthrow for range and rend for melee. Though im interested how is the 30% damage to elites will do in pvp once implemented.
nice nike, im still looking for a wep throw belt that doesnt suck and im considering a soj

best part about 5 piece ik: no more blue boots
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/20/2013 8:48 AM PST
I feel SOJ will be very overrated. just my take
I was just looking into any using a BT set with the 4 item bonus (3 item bonus gives 6% elite damage, and 4 set gives 7% elite reduction), and thought I'd share my results from d3rawr for everyone's information. The reason I was looking into it was the added life regen and the elite bonus and elite reductions in pvp. I was looking into using spurs with 70 AR, 80 str and 70 vit, +armor, life regen, 7% elite reduction. I was also looking into using the belt, as opposed to the ammy, 270 str, 70 vit, 70 AR, + armor, and life regen. This was paired with the current pants, which are not very good, and my chest, which is so-so. The results were a 600 dps loss against elites vs my current gear, and an 10% EHP (1.45 ehp to 1.59 ehp) gain against elites. In addition there is 600 life regen added. I don't know if I'm going to make a pvp set based off this or not, but I thought I'd share my results. It might make decent gear for someone looking for a more "budget" pvp set.
Edited by Bruce#1509 on 1/20/2013 10:38 AM PST
01/20/2013 12:58 AMPosted by BALLER

Since I play with a DH in my team, I have to keep SB off him, so I usually tank SB while the others kill Kulle. If my team cant kill Kulle in time I will eventually die because Rend+2.8% LS is hardly keeping me alive especially if i lose wrath from SB grabs/
I put my S&B barb away for a long time just mindlessly farming mp1 with DTWW. Back now and wanted some feedback on what I should upgrade next. I would like to get my AR up about 78 to get 500 from gear by upgrading my stormarms but am afraid I would actually lose EHP. Any suggestions there?

PS can't want to leap and rend down pvp opponents :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]