Diablo® III

SnB Q&A Part 2

View profile
@Cryp - here is the barb i told you about before, Meatgrinder with 200k DPS on S&B, he is quite famous on the other forums.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=64886822&f=69

i think when they see your barb they will worship u as hell :P
Hi guys - I've come over from the EU forums but i'm thinking of transitioning to a S&B setup.

Looking at my gearset so far (currently in the market for an Amulet, should have one sorted by the end of today) how easy / hard do you feel it would be for me to make the transition?

I'm pretty happy with my mainhand but i'm a little concerned about the LS loss of my offhand? I'm also thinking if i could sell the offhand + gem i could find a decent SS with CC and invest in an amulet with big STR and CD ignoring the requirement for AR on the Amulet.

Any other suggestions? Also, please note i'm currently out of the market to invest in Ice Climbers with similar stats + MS, they are far too expensive over in the EU for me at the moment.

Many thanks for any help! Love everyone's setups.
@Cryp - here is the barb i told you about before, Meatgrinder with 200k DPS on S&B, he is quite famous on the other forums.

@Nike

I posted in his thread, he's got some good gear but he is under 2mil EHP...I still have yet to see 1 other barb that has 200K/2mil
View profile

@Nike

I posted in his thread, he's got some good gear but he is under 2mil EHP...I still have yet to see 1 other barb that has 200K/2mil

Great stuff man!
View profile
Hi guys - I've come over from the EU forums but i'm thinking of transitioning to a S&B setup.

Looking at my gearset so far (currently in the market for an Amulet, should have one sorted by the end of today) how easy / hard do you feel it would be for me to make the transition?

I'm pretty happy with my mainhand but i'm a little concerned about the LS loss of my offhand? I'm also thinking if i could sell the offhand + gem i could find a decent SS with CC and invest in an amulet with big STR and CD ignoring the requirement for AR on the Amulet.

Any other suggestions? Also, please note i'm currently out of the market to invest in Ice Climbers with similar stats + MS, they are far too expensive over in the EU for me at the moment.

Many thanks for any help! Love everyone's setups.

Welcome here in the US forums mate, btw can u show us your gears so we can have a look? Will be out in a while but BALLER will take over later when he is available
Witching hour was worth it big time
anybody got 2 bil laying around? I need to buy a sword on the AH!
Hi Nike :) Thanks for the response mate. Sorry for not posting my direct link:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mustybadger-2406/hero/23147905

I'm in the process of swapping out my pants for AR70+ / 220VIT / 100STR + 2 socks and potentially investing in a new chest.

I still need to re-asses my options for my Amulet once I have invested in new pants. I know i'm nowhere near the level of you guys but a direction to transition into a good S&B setup would be great :)

Thanks again.
Edited by Mustybadger#2406 on 1/8/2013 7:32 AM PST
View profile
01/08/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Jook
Witching hour was worth it big time

OH MY GOD.

I almost passed out when i saw your new belt. lol
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/8/2013 7:57 AM PST
View profile
01/08/2013 06:52 AMPosted by Crypter

i knew it! quickening scourge??!
View profile

I'm in the process of swapping out my pants for AR70+ / 220VIT / 100STR + 2 socks and potentially investing in a new chest.

I still need to re-asses my options for my Amulet once I have invested in new pants. I know i'm nowhere near the level of you guys but a direction to transition into a good S&B setup would be great :)

Thanks again.

hey mate there are options you can do

Option 1.

1. Get a Rare AR Pants with STR/VIT and 2 OS
2. Get a decent IK Armor
3. Get a decent IK Glove to get 2 IK Bonus
4. Get Witching Hour Belt (Use Bloodthirst)

Advantage: DPS Boost, More efficient on high MP levels
Disadvantage: You will rely on Bloodthirst

Option 2.

1. Swap out your pants with a high VIT BT with AR
2. Get better BT Armor with High VIT, STR and life%
3. Stay with IK belt or get a better one with high STR and VIT with Bash or Frenzy Bonus depends on what your prefer
4. Get decent IK glove to get 2 IK Bonus

Advantage: EHP Boost, Doesn't rely on bloodthirst
Disadvantage: Lower DPS

As for the ammy, its purely independent but i recommend for you to get something with both DPS and EHP Boost to get the best of both worlds.

Cheers,

Nike
01/08/2013 07:47 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984

yea that's the one! But darn it if I spent all my gold already..I onyl have like 250mil to my name.

Thanks again.

hey mate there are options you can do

Option 1.

1. Get a Rare AR Pants with STR/VIT and 2 OS
2. Get a decent IK Armor
3. Get a decent IK Glove to get 2 IK Bonus
4. Get Witching Hour Belt (Use Bloodthirst)

Advantage: DPS Boost, More efficient on high MP levels
Disadvantage: You will rely on Bloodthirst

Option 2.

1. Swap out your pants with a high VIT BT with AR
2. Get better BT Armor with High VIT, STR and life%
3. Stay with IK belt or get a better one with high STR and VIT with Bash or Frenzy Bonus depends on what your prefer
4. Get decent IK glove to get 2 IK Bonus

Advantage: EHP Boost, Doesn't rely on bloodthirst
Disadvantage: Lower DPS

As for the ammy, its purely independent but i recommend for you to get something with both DPS and EHP Boost to get the best of both worlds.

Cheers,

Nike

Musty,

Yeah I agree with what Nike said. I do think your going to have to make up some CD when you put a shield on however. You will be losing a lot of CD, so your going to have to make it up on your gloves, rings, and ammy.

Also to answer your question about LS in a SnB set up. It isnt needed as much as a WW or DW build, because you are taking less damage through higher armor/AR/Block. So you can get away with much less. If you do decide to keep your IK Belt, then I would try to get te 3LS version. I am not sure what the prices are like on the EU server but would probably re gear in this order....

1 - Pants
2 - Ammy (think 8CC / 90+ CD here with other stats)
3 - Belt
4 - Chest
5 - Gloves
6 - Wep
01/08/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Crypter

yea that's the one! But darn it if I spent all my gold already..I onyl have like 250mil to my name.

Man, I am just short dude. Well relatively speaking...... so tempting to grab that beauty of a sword.
Arghh! I just found out that my chest is a dupe. It's been duped over a dozen times. I paid 480M for this chest. Not happy.
I upgraded IK belt with this WH for DPS boost. Went up almost 20K but losing EHP now.
Any suggestion on next upgrade? Thinking to replace BT pant with rare AR/high/STR/VIT. Must upgrade ammy and rings to I guess... got around 200mils in hand
is it really worth it to upgrade my belt to TWH? i ithink it will increase my dps up to 15k-20k, but i will lose my ehp and my lLife steal. please advise.

here is my barb..

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/amiranna-6769/Adam/4502359

thanks.
View profile
01/08/2013 06:13 PMPosted by Celanian
Arghh! I just found out that my chest is a dupe. It's been duped over a dozen times. I paid 480M for this chest. Not happy.

aww crap man, sorry to hear about that, what is going in the US server?!!
View profile
is it really worth it to upgrade my belt to TWH? i ithink it will increase my dps up to 15k-20k, but i will lose my ehp and my lLife steal. please advise.

here is my barb..

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/amiranna-6769/Adam/4502359

thanks.

Hey man, yeah its worth it and a big DPS boost, but you need to make sure your barb can support that belt and bloodthirst should be enough to sustain you.

Usually there are 3 cases for an S&B barb to use the WH belt.

Case 1: You have an extreme EHP / damage mitigation that you dont need LS/Bloodthirst
Case 2: You have ave. /above ave. EHP / damage mitigation but with High DPS so you can only add bloodthrist if required.
Case 3: You have LS on your Weapon so you can free up the LS on your belt and just add bloodthirst only if required

for now i wouldn't recommend you to prioritize that belt and upgade your MH first with a very high DPS boost. So i want you to choose between those 3 Cases first before we go with that belt.

Look for something like

1150-1300+ DPS
OS
min crit 40%+
with STR and/or VIT is a plus

once you have upgraded your MH then let me know so i can review your barb again.

Cheers,

nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/8/2013 7:29 PM PST
View profile
lol @Cryp - man you really posted in that trophy room and got flamed! i noticed that most of the posters there are not really friendly. Don't worry we will crush them alive in PVP. lol

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65994832&f=69&o=20
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]