Diablo® III

n0rain wants to discuss builds with LordRaahl

Balanced Tank/Dodge Revised
I was informed that discussing LordRaahl's build choices in his sticky was a no-no (no sarcasm intended). I have created this thread to show LordRaahl what I would do instead. This is what I feel looks like a tank/dodge build without deviating from your choices too much LordRaahl.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#abYgTh!gWV!ZZYaba

Use high CHC and a shield. The only variation I would suggest is if you aren't getting enough armor from your gear switch BoY with STI although LordRaahl advised me to stay away from STI and OwE if I wanted to truly master hipster monkness(no pun intended).

EDIT- I want to thank jco310 for the advice on creating this thread. In honor of this achievement I formally announce free popcorn for everyone.

/free popcorn stand rolls in
Edited by n0rain#1149 on 1/1/2013 10:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
first
Reply Quote
*passes the popcorn*
Reply Quote
@norain

Told you LordRaahl would post if you made a thread.

/popcorn
Reply Quote
I don't get it.....are they arguing about who can come up with the worst possible build?
Reply Quote
This is getting better and better.

/more popcorn
Reply Quote
- first of all, back there, you didn't start with discussing builds,
you started by talking !@#$ on my guide, myself, as well as the CMs that support us.

I never said how I started but truthfully I started out with criticisms that you couldn't handle.

- you're out of your place and need to check yourself, because from your 24k dps and poverty gear, noone's gonna take you seriously. You're way out of your league when it comes to criticism.

He is trying to be cute some more. Get over it. If you can't be civil and explain yourself without flaming me I am just going to start reporting you every time. Compose yourself before you come back here please.

now, this, is the build that you wanted to discuss. Quoting here from the guide.

Nope, I didn't create this thread to discuss your fantasy boot camp ideas and larping sessions. I came here to discuss the following build choices...

Build#7 - Sword of the Seeker
(Balanced Tank Dodge Build)

Jedi Discipline training version
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#abYgeh!XdU!ZZcabc

Cool flair, and I mean that. what I still don't understand is why would you supposedly try to train someone to use skills that aren't present in the training model? That makes no sense. That's like teaching someone to play basketball and then tell him to play golf. It's so wrong. We aren't discussing this though. Not here at least. What we are discussing is build choices.

Now about your querry on the passives :
at the pinnacle of a monk's mastery, he detaches himself from both OWE and STI,
having acquired good resistance and armor without them.
Thus freeing up space for more tactic passives.

That's what I was looking for. Thank you for stating it better than me. I totally agree in a way. Eventually you won't need OwE or STI if you build your character right. I call it hipster monkness though.

i'll take a look at the true build soon and see if I agree with your choices but as it stands I do not like your training build whether it be for training purposes or not.

Now to further explain my choices.

Blinding Flash: Searing Light, this was chosen because it performs like dodge in the sense that you take no damage if they miss. Dodge cannot mitigate all damage in the game and therefore to build a character soley around dodge isn't good.

Hard Target gives you 70% bonus armor when used with Keen Eye. You have Keen Eye by the way. You don't have STI though. The feedback damage is nice on Backlash, I won't refute that, but it is hardly the cause of a monsters ko. Plus, you could go MoR: Retaliation and stack thorns for better feedback damage. All in all for hipster monkness I would rather do MoR: Retaliation over backlash.

01/01/2013 09:30 PMPosted by LordRaahl
Hard Target is amateur.

didn't you build the training model for amateurs?

And lastly, you're using combination strike without sweeping wind,
so it's trash.

Combo Strike and SW is a nice way to go but I deviated from SW because of the whole hipster monkness mentality. Also, because you don't have it. Remember I tried to stay within the boundaries of your build ideas.

I was really hoping you would mention that I used SSS with the pandemonium rune. I used this to control the battlefield which is good for tanks in D3 imo. Just mo though.

and as a training build for beginners,
one wouldn't have the gear to drop both STI and OWE yet.

Again, I'll look at the second one soon because of this. I still wouldn't advise people to train with skills that they won't use though.
Edited by n0rain#1149 on 1/1/2013 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
This topic should've taken place this past summer in London.

/popcorn
Reply Quote
LOLz

/popcorn
Reply Quote
ITT : two raging nerdlordz arguing over their egos...

....and lotsa popcorn.
Reply Quote
View profile
I was first! :D

Continue!

Based on number of letters and that alone, I think Raahl is up.
n0rain, if you want to get ahead...FILIBUSTER !!!
Reply Quote
I think you should be glad for the advice you are getting... the only feedback I ever got from LordRaahl was that I paid too much for my gear. hehe.
Reply Quote
Appears LordRaahl got another ban.

He is definitely leading the forums in getting banned.

Good Grief.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Appears LordRaahl got another ban.

He is definitely leading the forums in getting banned.

Good Grief.

I am not sure how that works though. His academy is still up which, as far as I know, is not what happens when you get banned? Not sure.
Reply Quote
maybe he destroyed his keyboard in a fit of internet fueled rage?
Reply Quote
View profile
or maybe he destroyed himself?

http://www.millsworks.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/writing_process.gif
Reply Quote
@Druin

I am not certain on what happens when you get banned, that being said, his post in this thread was completely removed and I think the only way that happens is when a moderator removes it. Last time I saw that was for a guy who was dropping F bombs in a hardcore thread. All his posts were removed in that thread, not sure if his posts in other threads were removed or not. We will know soon enough when LordRaahl comes back, since I do not think he got perma-banned.

EDIT: Post #3 was his, it is GONE.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 1/2/2013 4:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
He'll be back. He has so many alts I bet hes gonna come back as #1 pvper and kill us all
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]