Diablo® III

Cannoneer FTW?

getting 9.8x sheet DPS multipliers on gohm (vs 8.25 SNS) and it seems to proc ap/cooldowns., well stay fuller.

I guess old problem remains like with bubbles or electrify. You really wanna give up teleport?
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/4/2013 2:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
I guess you guys on the high end, with the kind of mitigation you have that can stand on pratically on anything, with 3.00 + ias to easily freeze running ranged elites you could drop teleport, especially if you get a lacunis to have the extra movement speed.

For MP10 the extra damage will make a good diference, for lowers MP's teleport mobility is better.

For people whos starting and have crappy gear (me) teleport is indispensable to escape multiple arcanes, freezes, chase those damm fat sorceres and etc..
Reply Quote
aimless is on the high end now? :P
Reply Quote
Compared to me? Near everyone is :-)
Reply Quote
I guess you guys on the high end, with the kind of mitigation you have that can stand on pratically on anything, with 3.00 + ias to easily freeze running ranged elites you could drop teleport, especially if you get a lacunis to have the extra movement speed.

For MP10 the extra damage will make a good diference, for lowers MP's teleport mobility is better.

For people whos starting and have crappy gear (me) teleport is indispensable to escape multiple arcanes, freezes, chase those damm fat sorceres and etc..

Indeed I used fracture forever when i was weaker. Best damage mitigation in the game IMO. basically ~70% chance to dodge if you kite right and you feel like a ninja. Ur making all the right moves bro.
Reply Quote
I have just dome some testing and its not working, increased from 7.8x to a max of 8.1x , also its not proccing LoH so no extra procs from it:

Its 20% weapon dps on hit and it hits 2 times per second, so its only a 40% weapon dps which should be only a 0,4 extra multiplier.
Edited by GreyMouser#2169 on 1/4/2013 7:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
The best use of Cannoneer is in a build with Arcane Torrent Disruption and Arcane Hydra. Disruption makes enemies take 15% more Arcane damage.
Reply Quote
how does it compare to say, sparkflint? Multiplied by your pre-buff sheet damage.

I mean
8.25 with no buff
vs
1.12*8.25 = 9.24 multiplier with flat 12% buff
not even counting sparkflint's projectiles
... and btw, single target sparkflint should do the same damage as single target cannoneer

Of course vs groups it is a lot harder to measure, and cannoneer would be better... but electrify is most likely a better multarget buff, since it buffs base damage by 10% and then adds from there.
Reply Quote
Same here... I have no idea how u got from 8.25 to 9.8 multiplier. And also it doesn't proc any LoH nor CM.
Reply Quote
gohm 90sec

138.5m/90/157k sheet dps = 9.8
Reply Quote
Is there anything special about how cannoneer does damage?

Single target do all the other runes give you the same multiplier? (all should give the %20 wpn dmg)
Reply Quote
AOE.
Reply Quote
not really worth testing for me, I HATE not having teleport. Even when I am running ubers and have slow time on instead, i just hate not having it, it goes from being able to make 2 mistakes down to 1 mistake, and sometimes instagib if I am not paying close enough attention on SK/magh. but, it may be fun to use on mp9 and 10 when I am just messing around and trying things out.
Edited by apotheun#1677 on 1/4/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Better than a 12% damage boost to attacks Aimless?
Edited by Azodeus#1244 on 1/4/2013 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Time to try this out.
Reply Quote
Cannoneer is aoe so like it works on gohm unlike electrify and works on packs like electrify.

Cannoneer is 5 min. Bubble is like 10 seconds.

It's all prolly same stuff though ~ 20% boost just another way to get there.
Reply Quote
You had mentioned that it proc'd APOC however....if that is indeed the case that makes it a very interesting option to people who may be on the cusp of not having enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]