Diablo® III

Nephalem Valor Issue

Has anybody else noticed, since the most recent patch, a stack is occasionally not awarded for the first elite pack killed?
Edited by MonTerran#1251 on 12/14/2012 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
No but I do notice that "special" elites never give nephalam. Only the randomly generated ones do. Could that be it?
Reply Quote
No, that is not the issue.
Reply Quote
Yea I never noticed that either; as TheNightOwl said, maybe you killed a "purple" elite.

I hope to god there is no NV bug lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I have noticed that in addition to not getting rares as a gaurenteed anymore. Unless I have missed somewhere where they have changed that, sometimes when I'm on 5 stacks, I don't get any rares at all on the randomley generated packs.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I haven’t personally encountered this issue, but if you notice it happen again, make sure to keep track of what exactly you killed and then post the specifics over in the Bug Report forum so that the proper folks can investigate it.
Reply Quote
I think its cuzz you mighta killed most of a pack but the last one burys itself.
Reply Quote
Sounds like a bad trolling attempt to me
Reply Quote
I have never seen that happen. Probably missed an elite that ran off your screen or something!
Reply Quote
actually theres a group of elites in act 4 in one of those caves(i forget the name but its the one who usually spawns a unique corrupted angel but sometimes instead you get a champ pack instead) they dont give loot even with 5 stacks but haven't experienced anything like this.
Reply Quote
I did. Don't remember when or "where" tho.
Reply Quote
not recently, but i havent been watching for it, and i dont usually have a problem finding elites to begin with. make sure that its not a purple named, because those dont give NV.
Reply Quote
when i had 4x neph valor and killed another elite pack i only got blues..do i understand that when killing the elite i get loot then get the buff? or should i have gotten a guaranteed rare as i would have 5 at the time of killing the elite?
Reply Quote
This happened to me once in "Warrior's Rest" in the Festering Woods of Act 1. All I got were a couple white items, I had 1 NV stack already and when I killed the rare skeleton in the cave, I did not get a refreshed stack. I didn't really think that much of it, just kinda weird and I haven't noticed it happen since.
Reply Quote
... maybe you killed a "purple" elite.

As previously stated, that is not the issue.

12/14/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Vaeflare
I haven’t personally encountered this issue, but if you notice it happen again, make sure to keep track of what exactly you killed and then post the specifics over in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386229/"]Bug Report forum[/url] so that the proper folks can investigate it.

Understood.

I believe it has happened twice, both involving The Keep Level 3. The first occasion I wasn't certain of, since I wasn't watching it closely, but upon clearing the level I had only 2 NV, while remembering killing three elite packs. The second occasion happened today, when I only had 1 NV after clearing the level and killing 2 elite packs. I even went back through all the rooms to be certain that one of the elites hadn't moved to a different room. Also, unless I'm mistaken, that level always has a minimum of 2 elite packs.

It has only happened twice at most, so it is not common, but if it occurs again I will submit a topic to the Bug Report forum.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
when i had 4x neph valor and killed another elite pack i only got blues..do i understand that when killing the elite i get loot then get the buff? or should i have gotten a guaranteed rare as i would have 5 at the time of killing the elite?

NV only increases your chance, it does not guarantee rares.

ah another useless blue post lol gotta love it

Ah look, another useless troll post. Gotta love it.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 01:11 PMPosted by ijjusion

Upon killing the final member of a blue elite pack or a champion of an elite pack, drops are awarded before the Nephalem Valor.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Valshaw

NV only increases your chance, it does not guarantee rares.

ah another useless blue post lol gotta love it

Ah look, another useless troll post. Gotta love it.

5 stack guarantees one rare
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]