Diablo® III

Nephalem Valor Issue

12/14/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Cerealkiller

NV only increases your chance, it does not guarantee rares.

Ah look, another useless troll post. Gotta love it.

5 stack guarantees one rare

theres a bug out there that occasionally makes it so that they wont drop a rare, but this is not common and for the most part you are correct.
Reply Quote
Have to have 5 NV the moment you kill another elite pack in order to see at least one rare. meaning, you will definitely see at least a rare item from your 6th elite pack.

the only known bug is the one from act4 I believe. The rest of the so-called "elite pack" that don't drop you a rare item are probably the ones with purple names... which they don't drop !@#$ nor give you NV after you kill them.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 12/14/2012 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
"In patch 1.0.3, a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor guaranteed one rare item from all champion and rare packs, and one rare instead of two from bosses. As of patch 1.0.3b, all bosses are guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor."

Source - http://www.diablowiki.com/Nephalem_Valor
Reply Quote
"In patch 1.0.3, a full five stacks of Nephalem Valor guaranteed one rare item from all champion and rare packs, and one rare instead of two from bosses. As of patch 1.0.3b, all bosses are guaranteed to drop at least 1 Rare item for players with 4 stacks of Nephalem Valor and at least 2 Rare items for players with 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor."

They lied. The champ monsters with purple names don't always drop them.
Reply Quote
i come across having nv5 and getting nothen but blue magic item often

i also have killed elites and havent recieved nv stack doining so, i know it happens because i notice it the most we me a friends are stacking nv for a uber run and someone will say "ok i thats five stacks lets go"those moment there has been times when one of us respond with" how do i only got 4?" we never come around to figuring it out we just go get another elite kill.

but i do notice not getting nv stack on some occasions.
Edited by koez#1816 on 12/14/2012 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
i come across having nv5 and getting nothen but blue magic item often

i also have killed elites and havent recieved nv stack doining so, i know it happens because i notice it the most we me a friends are stacking nv for a uber run and someone will say "ok i thats five stacks lets go"those moment there has been times when one of us respond with" how do i only got 4?" we never come around to figuring it out we just go get another elite kill.

but i do notice not getting nv stack on some occasions.

You must be changing your skills a lot.
Reply Quote
Perhaps people are killing unique monsters and thinking they are elite. Unique monsters neither grant stacks nor grant guaranteed rare.
Edited by Andernut#1799 on 12/14/2012 2:26 PM PST
Reply Quote

They lied. The champ monsters with purple names don't always drop them.

Reread the quote, "... Nephalem Valor guaranteed one rare item from all champion and rare packs ...", and then consider if the purple text champions are included as a champion pack.
Edited by MonTerran#1251 on 12/14/2012 3:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 02:26 PMPosted by Andernut
Perhaps people are killing unique monsters and thinking they are elite. Unique monsters neither grant stacks nor grant guaranteed rare.

Please refer to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 17th post of this topic.
Reply Quote
Why do the community managers keep posting in the most trivial threads?
Reply Quote
ive only noticed some events sometimes wont drop a yellow at 5 stack. defending the blacksmith comes to mind
Reply Quote
purples should grant nephalem valor
Reply Quote
Sometimes only 3 of 4 champs are attacking you. The last one then is stucked, perhaps behind a breakable door or between two beds. Search the area, if there is any fourth champ left. In my case they splitted up over 2 screens and it was a confusing search, because I didn't realize that the last one was so far away. xD

Btw. there is one snake mage champ in the very first sewers of act 2 which has no other mates and gives one NV. Kind of a bug too, I think. Found it three times so long.
Reply Quote
12/14/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Spaceghost
I think its cuzz you mighta killed most of a pack but the last one burys itself.

this has happened to me a couple of times...
Reply Quote
View profile
This happened to me a few days ago in Act 2 Dahlgur Oasis, but it turned out that the last monster in the elite pack went wandering off somewhere. After circling back to the area, I eventually found the Naga snake guy, killed him off and got the NV stack.
Reply Quote
This has happened to me a lot lately as well key farming in act 1. When it happens to me it's usually the 1st yellow elite I run into outside of a dungeon, and only if I have no nv yet. If I kill a blue elite pack 1st everything seems fine after that. Weird....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]