Diablo® III

Speedforces guide to Fundamental Tempest Rush

I wanted to write this guide to give a fresh perspective on TR, as I learned it over the months since the game has been released. My style focuses on budget and survivability first while supreme damage and destruction come with time.

Statistics Priority:
1. Spirit Regen
2. Dexterity
3. All Resistance/Armor
4. Vitality
5. Critical Hit Chance
6. Critical Hit Damage
7. Pickup Radius

====================
Breakdown of Statistics:
====================
1. As most of you are aware by now. Spirit Regen fuels our Tempest Rush, and we need at least 10-11 for the build to operate properly. There's many ways to get to this amount, ranging from budget to expensive gear and skill selections. As you get more spirit regen on gear, this allows you to make more powerful skill choices.

2. Our main statistic, Dexterity, adds more damage to our abilities and more dodge which helps our survivability. The higher the rating the better.

3. All resistance is important to mitigate elite affixes, especially Molten because you WILL be running through it to reposition yourself and you don't want to die in the process. Against melee affixes, molten is cakewalk but ranged elites are very troublesome because they run and are all over the place.

4. Self-explanatory
5. Self-explanatory
6. Self-explanatory

7. As you reach the upper paragon levels, you'll be having over 300GF. Tempest Rush is currently the best GF spec in the game. Since you will be one-shotting trash and elites, mobs will be dropping a lot of gold. With pickup radius, you want to make sure that you automatically pick it up rather than stop and do pirouettes.

=============
Gear Choices
=============
Helm:
Since our helms are Monk only, we have some nice selections in the way of Spirit Regen and all the other nice stats for cheap. Inna's Radiance is overall the best helm for TR simply due to the fact that the set bonus is so good. Inna's helm enables all sorts of build combinations so even if you haven't met the Spirit requirement on gear, you can still use Conviction/Submission solely due to Inna's set bonus allowing you to activate SW for free (leading to Inner Storm's spirit regen).

Madstone is the next best helm as it comes with valuable stats to TR as well as 71-80AR which is really nice. You want 2 Spirit Regen with Crit Chance and 1 affix depending on what kind of TR build you are running. Sweeping Wind is the best one obviously but there are other viable ones too for more specialized builds.

Shoulders:
New BoA's will be best in slot if you can get a good roll. If you got the cash, you can alternatively get a Vile Ward with over 200 Dex and decent Vit to go with it.

Chest:
Inna's Vast Expanse with a single res or all res is the best option here b/c of the set bonus. If you are running a non-Inna's build, Tyrael's Might or a normal rare is viable as well.

Gloves:
For gloves, you want the 5-affix Dex/Vit/AR/CC/CD rather than the 6-affix trifecta b/c you do not want IAS on your gear.

Belt:
Inna's Favor, with 50-60 single res or AR. Blackthorne's Notched Belt is great with a Dex roll of up to 300. Hellcat Waistguard is also viable with up to 200 Dex, good Vit/AR and maybe Life %.

Pants:
While I do not recommend going cheap on pants (as Inna's Temperence is pretty cheap already) if you really have to bargain shop, then it's okay. Just understand that you are losing 12% move speed. You can go either Dex/AR or Dex/Vit or Dex/Single Res

Boots:
Natalya's Bloody Footprints (basic 90 Dex one, if you can afford it, the 200 Dex/Vit one)
Ice Climbers: Get these if you are running MS w/ Tyrael's Might
Immortal King's Stride (get Dex obviously and pair it up with Gloves if you want)
Sage's Journey - Dex/Vit/AR/MS

Bracers: Rare
Dex/Vit/AR (or) Single Res/CC (higher better)

New BoA bracers will be best in slot due to the increase in base stat and the benefits of a rare which means AR or SR can spawn along with other important stats. On a TR build, neither Lacuni's nor a Strongarm's can compete with a proper rare bracer.

Amulet:
Rare Dex/AR/CC/CD - Normal amulets can be used in place of Xephirians and are great DPS boosters if you are running a Circular Breathing build.

Xephirian Amulet - 2 Spirit Regen, CC/CD

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Basic roll + CC, TR Crit or Sweeping Wind

Ring:
Litany of the Undaunted, Unity, The Wailing Host, Stone of Jordan (2 Spirit, any bonus dmg and SW or TR Crit), Rare with CC/CD, Dex/CC and/or AR

Weapon:
Daibo with CC/Socket/LOH or LS, if you can manage, 2 Spirit Regen as well.

The other 2H's works too, if the stats are right. You don't necessarily need the 2 Spirit Regen but having it frees up rune/passive selections.

Skorn 1200-1300+ DPS, highest Dex and CD you can find and 800-1000 LOH or 5-6% Lifesteal.

Two Fist Weapons 800-1000 DPS with Dex/CD/Spirit Regen/Socket and additional LS/LOH or LPSS if possible. You can use WKL's and Shenlong's Fist of Legend although beware of Relentless Assault due to the IAS. Unlike 2H builds, you don't necessarily need infinite spirit, just enough spirit regen to get to the next pack.

===============
Skill Selections:
===============
Main: Fist of Thunder - The extra spirit runes are good such as Quickening, etc. Since snapshotting was nerfed in 1.0.7, DR: Foresight is no longer viable. Fist of Thunder again becomes the staple generator due to the fact that it's attack speed and Thunderclap/Quickening works well with the slow weapons.

Secondary: Tempest Rush: Tailwind

Serenity:
First of all, I'd like to say that Serenity is a required skill on my build. It's my personal preference, you don't have to use it if you don't think you need it, but I highly recommend it. We are not like Barbarians. If we get CC'ed, we die.

Ascension - 4 second duration offers a lot of wiggle room and in cases where the dps is higher, it can span the entire elite fight.
Peaceful Repose - quick burst of health that can save you. It's a great rune.

Breath of Heaven:
Blazing Wrath - Due to the snapshotting nerf, if you want to buff your damage passively than BoH - BW will be the choice rune to use.

Infused with Light - Combined with Fot: Quickening, it can instantly regenerate a full bar of Spirit

Sweeping Wind:
Blade Storm - Blade Storm does 15% more damage than other rune variants. When you factor in other boosts, this one deals great damage. Sweeping Wind does the bulk of your AOE damage, so you want SW to hit harder and kill more mobs faster. In patch 1.0.7, Blade Storm has been buffed ON TOP of a buff to SW already. Clearing trash has never been better but other rune variants are competitive now with the base damage buff to SW and TR.

Fire Storm - While this one does not have a damage boost compared to Blade Storm, the extra time it saves in catching more mobs is what makes this rune competitive to the others.

Inner Storm - I recommend Inner Storm when you don't have a lot of Spirit Regen on gear, and rely on skill selections to get spirit. When you're using slots for spirit regen, you have to make a choice, for example either get 3 from this, or 3 from Circular Breathing. It has it's uses because it opens up your Mantra slots for some interesting choices. With more spirit regen on gear, it allows you more freedom in skill/passive selections. When selecting Inner Storm, consider getting 4pc Inna's set to ensure that you can constantly refresh when there's no mobs on the screen. Refreshing with Inna's set is essentially free b/c it's only 5 and you'll regen it back.

Cyclone - With the new change to Cyclone in patch 1.0.7, it's now competitive and viable choice in a TR build.

Seven Sided Strike:
Sudden Assault - The tooltip reads as a straight up damage increase. This damage increase on lower MP can actually one shot elites. I like Sudden Assault a lot over the other ones because some mobs are not packed together all the time, but SSS can still hit them, this rune ensures that I can hit them at max damage regardless.

Fulminating Onslaught - This rune has the highest damage potential. Every attack creates an AOE and it chains like that creating more AOE's. In a densely packed, monster situation, this offers immense one-shot potential. It does have a big downside though. On ranged mobs where they are separated, it will not 1-shot mobs (not unless you have enough DPS)

Wave of Light:
Explosive Light - WOL:EL is more consistent than SSS because you can always generate more spirit (and you are passively regenerating a lot of spirit) and the skill does not have a cooldown.

Wave of Light/Explosive Light is useful on higher monster powers when SSS cannot insta-kill anymore and you need another heavy hitter to take it's place. Why even go on a higher monster power in the first place? Well people need to run ubers and key farm. Since TR spec is the fastest spec, this can be the fastest method to farm keys.

With the latest buff to WoL in Patch 1.0.7, this is definitely a skill you want on your bar as a main Spirit spender. Due to the buff to EXP rates in MP, (as well as essence farming) you're going to want a high damaging spender to account for the increase in monster HP.

Exploding Palm:
Essence Burn - This one is one of my favorites. It's also the cheapest way to one shot a pack of mobs rather than straight up stacking DPS (which is expensive). I love hitting EP on one mob, then using SW to trigger the chain of explosions on the screen. It looks so awesome.
On elites, this ability is great because of the high wpn dmg (745%) and the resulting explosion deals 50% of the target's maximum life, and when you consider that Inferno elites have HP in the multi-millions, well..........

Mantra of Healing:
Circular Breathing - This is the main bread and butter of the Tempest Rush build, for those that don't have the 3 Spirit Regen from gear. What's interesting about Circular Breathing, is that while it takes up your Mantra slot, this actually FREES up your gear slots for more conventional DPS boosters rather than being confined to sub-par Xephirian's and SOJ's. If you are starting out Tempest Rush, I recommend Circular Breathing. This will last you a great deal of time until you can afford or find a CC/CD Xephirian and a perfect SOJ.

Mantra of Conviction:
If you are using Conviction, you've either A) reached a gear point where you have enough spirit regen on gear that you don't need CB, or B) used Inner Storm to make up for the loss of 3 Spirit in this slot, freeing it up to use Conviction.

Submission - This is the best rune to use with Conviction because of the AOE effect which synergizes well with Sweeping Wind. Anything that leads to faster trash kill is A+ in my book.

====================
Passive Skill Selections:
====================
Seize the Initiative - This is the bread and butter survivability passive on lower MP. With Inna's set, it offers decent armor boosts, high Dex (which leads to more armor). On mine, I have 60% mitigation which allows me to run Inferno with lesser amounts of resist.

The problem that I see in people just starting out TR, is that they don't have a lot of resist, and they use Fleet Footed which is recommended by most people. You can't take Fleet Footed if you are putting your survivability on the back-burner.

One With Everything - Bread and Butter,you guys know the drill by now. I prefer to use OWE when I go beyond MP0 (mainly MP3 I use this) because elemental resist is more important than armor as monster affixes can one-shot you faster than their physical attacks can. Up to MP3, you can pick either this one, STI, or Resolve and the two other slots can be reserved for Spirit Regen

Chant of Resonance - CoR is the main passives of the TR build. The 2 Spirit Regen is HUGE and the extra Mantra duration is welcome too. Normally this is required passive but if by some freak streak of luck and you have a ton of spirit regen on gear, it's possible to take it off for something else.

Exalted Soul - Originally I used to use this because of the 1 Spirit Regen and the huge Spirit pool, but lately I've been choosing Guardian's Path because it's Spirit Regen is enormous. Exalted Soul is best for group situations where you don't have your Templar, your Guardian's Path at that time has reduced effectiveness.

Guardian's Path - On a solo game, GP offers immense spirit regen. On my build where I use Circular Breathing, and the only source of spirit regen from gear is my helm, with GP, I got up to 10.92/sec (reads as 11 in game). I also use the Templar to give me 12% more, so in total, I get 47% Spirit Regen. Adding up spirit regen on my build, I have 2.10 from Helm, 2 from Chant, 3 from CB, .33 from Set bonus. That's 7.43 total. Factor in Guardian's Path + Templar's Inspire, that's 10.92.

Total spirit regen gained from GP is 3.49 compared to 1 for Exalted Soul. GP is the clear winner here. HOWEVER, if someone joins your group, or you join someone else group, keep in mind that you won't have templar, so if your spirit/sec drops below 10, then select Exalted Soul instead.

Fleet Footed - FF is generally a passive that you take when you are best of the best gear and you have max survivability in every slot. High armor+High res from gear meaning you don't need either STI or OWE.

Transcendence - I generally do not recommend taking this because it means having to drop a damage reduction passive for it. The LPSS is gigantic though, and Inna's gives you 10 more on top of that, for a total of 72 LPSS. Since you are constantly spending spirit, and getting spirit regenerated for free, you are always regenerating HP. This could help for situations where you lack LOH or LS and you absolutely need a life regen method, this is your ticket.
========
Tips:
========
Run Circular Breathing as a way to increase your dps through conventional means, and when you can get your hands on the good Spirit Regen stuff, then you can drop it for Conviction.

On lower MP's, consider running SSS as if you have sufficient CD and CC, it can save you a lot of time by insta-killing elites.

When buying Inna's pieces, try to get 50-60 single resist. With smart shopping, you can use single resists as a way to get all resist through OWE but don't have to pay up the yin/yang for it.

On single item pieces, try to go for 71 all resist. Alternatively, you can go for single resists, although that locks you into OWE but the upside is that you can have resist in slots that is difficult to get resists on (such as rings/ammys, etc) This can also be a cheap way to get resist on helm as well.

Survivability first. You cannot put survivability behind running TR.

If you cannot buy LS because it's too expensive, buy LOH! It works! Stack it on your rings/ammy's and Skorn. When used in conjunction with life regen (which comes naturally on a lot of gear now, and MoH) and the natural LPSS on Inna's, it amounts up to a lot and can save your life.
==========
Credits:
==========
LOL - for posting the original gold find build and thread, I was truly mesmerized when I tried it out and I loved it from then on. I created the DH as the sole reason to farm for my Monk b/c I ultimately wanted all my best gear for him.

Brim - Huge source of inspiration for Tempest Rush. He innovated the spec when LOL introduced it and he continued to build on that. Brim showed me how to gold farm using infinite TR with GF/pickup radius gear and a 2H wep. Met him on Youtube when I was watching Raoha's GF videos. We continued to discuss and collaborate on TR up to the present, even though before, we did not have the gold to pull it off.

LordRaahl - Dark Lord of the Monk

Rukrow - for showing me the power of running from pack to pack w/ TR and destroying elites with FoT:TC/Cyclone. I always thought that if I could combine that elite killing power with trash killing power from TR, that it'd be devastating. I've since upgraded that method to be even more devastating.

Barbarian community - Their WW build is so effective that makes me want the same for my monk. I knew that we had the capability to do it, however the price difference for the two builds are ginormous. I was constantly motivated to achieve milestones for TR, moving it from NM, to Hell, to A1 Inferno, and now in 1.0.5, A3 and MP3+

Demon Hunter community - for being so awesome. I had to be a Demon Hunter for a long time because they were the best farming class back then (due to being able to gear MF for cheap compared to melee). I ended up writing a lot about DH and had an intregal part in the class direction for 1.0.5. I'm happy to see where DH are right now and how players reacted to the changes.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 2/5/2013 12:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
^

Sample Builds:

Wave of Light -
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aceSXQ!Ucd!YZZZYZ

Seven Sided Strike -
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acgTSQ!Ucd!aZYcbZ

Basic Conviction/Submission -
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acXTSk!Ucd!aZbcYc

My build -
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acfVSk!Ucd!aZacca
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 2/4/2013 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
while laying out all of the possible skills is certainly useful information, I'm curious to see which 6 skills + 3 passives you think is best?

also, which part of this was new information?
Reply Quote
I have been farming via TR with what I have on. 175k unbuffed dps, but POOR spirit regen. I find myself stopping killing and then TR to next pack and often through it. What should I pickup for my TR farming/para build? I was looking at spiri regen inna's heads
Reply Quote
I never said there was going to be any lol. I just said that there's going to be stuff in here that's not anywhere else and that's true.

Mine is more smoothed out in that you can make informed decisions about what to run without having to sacrifice survivability just to run the build. In Druin's guide, he recommends not buying LOH, suggests too low armor/AR, running Fleet Footed over your traditional survivability passives, sacrificing Serenity to snapshot damage boosts for SW when a more powerful option is available, etc.
I'm curious to see which 6 skills + 3 passives you think is best?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acgSTk!Ucd!aZYZac
12/16/2012 07:02 AMPosted by Suda
I have been farming via TR with what I have on. 175k unbuffed dps, but POOR spirit regen. I find myself stopping killing and then TR to next pack and often through it. What should I pickup for my TR farming/para build? I was looking at spiri regen inna's heads
Yes, get Spirit Regen Inna's with a single resist since I see that you are using OWE. Unfortunately you have to drop both FF and STI for Guardian's Path and Chant of Resonance.

In order to keep your Mantra of Conviction, you'll have to change SW to Inner Storm. If you don't want to replace your Inna's helm, you can get a Stone of Jordan with 2 Spirit Regen and TR Crit or SW and move your Hellfire ring over to your follower.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/16/2012 7:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
LordRaahl - In your light we thrive. In your mercy we are sheltered. In your wisdom we are humbled.

/facedesk
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 09:18 AMPosted by simplemath
/facedesk

more like

/deskflippingresultinginbottomofdeskfacing
Edited by gotaplanstan#1369 on 12/16/2012 9:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
===================================

nice thread,
I would suggest adding linebreaks between sections for easier reading.
and also reduce "mid-expensive" into a paragraph of lowcost and highcost pieces
To save room for other sections.

You should've reserved several continuous posts so you can add more materials,
but 2 posts is good, will you add some builds into post #2?

btw, thanks for the SoT poetic tribute, lol. >:D
makes me feel like some voodoo cultist, but it's good.. ;)

---------------------------------------------
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/17/2012 5:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think this will help other beginner TR monks like yourself. Good Job.

Might add in there as well, a Life on Kill Skorn is also amazing, since we're killing things as we run through them.

Would not recommend using any primary other than DR - Foresight. If you are going to run one, run this one because the damage boost is invaluable.

Running Just over 5 spirit/sec on armor will let you drop any regen skills and use Submission and FireStorm/Cyclone as long as you don't have much attack speed.

Submission is better than Overawe for TR because you get the 12% extra damage to the damage you do, but the 15+% weapon damage a second coupled with the massive range that it effects enemies is a clear winner over just doing 24% more damage.

Why are you running serenity and SSS in the same bar? That's ridiculous. You know, if you swapped FoT for DR foresight, and swapped your Serenity for Blinding flash, you would mow through things much faster... and as someone who said they try to make the best while using sub-par gear you really aren't doing a good job doing that. That won't really give people confidence to listen to you.
Reply Quote
Speedforce has one really good idea in this guide that should not go un noticed:

seize the initiative + phys resist >>>>> OWE

if you are going to use a defensive passive, pick up the bonus armor from STI, and just stack phys resist where you would have anyway for OWE
Edited by Seaboots#2209 on 12/16/2012 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
If serenity means the difference between dying 5 times per run vs once, it's more than valuable; it's nearly mandatory.

YMMV
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Shatterbox

Beginner? You mean veteran?
Would not recommend using any primary other than DR - Foresight. If you are going to run one, run this one because the damage boost is invaluable.
I don't snapshot, I don't need to. I boosted the damage the legitimate way and that frees me to use more important skills.

You may have to use it because that's how it was taught to you, but you should have been taught by me instead and that was my fault because as I learned the spec long before most people, I should have been documenting it and adding to it over a long time.

I made videos over a period of time and what I should have done was also write up detail explaining the idea behind it instead of just posting the video.
Running Just over 5 spirit/sec on armor will let you drop any regen skills and use Submission and FireStorm/Cyclone as long as you don't have much attack speed.
I don't see why you are regurgitating information I already posted.
Submission is better than Overawe for TR because you get the 12% extra damage to the damage you do, but the 15+% weapon damage a second coupled with the massive range that it effects enemies is a clear winner over just doing 24% more damage.
when did I ever mention using Overawe?
Why are you running serenity and SSS in the same bar? That's ridiculous. You know, if you swapped FoT for DR foresight, and swapped your Serenity for Blinding flash, you would mow through things much faster... and as someone who said they try to make the best while using sub-par gear you really aren't doing a good job doing that. That won't really give people confidence to listen to you.
If they don't listen to me then I don't care. Like I said in the other thread, I worked on this build for a long time and I know what's what. If you prefer not to listen to a veteran and rather listen to someone who didn't think the build worked then that's fine by me.

I don't necessarily have to play like Druin and I said in my guide that if that is what you want to do, then go ahead. I don't lose any effectiveness by not doing it. I boosted SW's damage another way and it works better than the snapshot (yes I tried it, the snapshot is an old trick Monks knew for a long time). I said in my guide that we are not Barbarians where they are immune to CC in WOTB form. We don't have that. So Serenity is what we have and I feel that it's invaluable.

Speaking of Serenity and SSS being on the same bar, this is one of the rare builds in the game that can be built w/o using Elective Mode :)
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/16/2012 4:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 04:01 PMPosted by speedforce

Beginner? You mean veteran? Lol. Ok
I don't snapshot, I don't need to. I boosted the damage the legitimate way and that frees me to use more important skills.

Uhm, damage boosters to snap your sweeping wind ARE the more important skills. You use two Invuln skills, which is unnecessary unless you are a noob, as well as using FoT which has no benefit. I saw your video in your little "im-gonna-call-out-druin-because-im-mad-he-does-it-better-than-i-do" thread. You really have no clue what you are talking about.

You may have to use it because that's how it was taught to you, but you should have been taught by me instead and that was my fault because as I learned the spec long before most people, I should have been documenting it and adding to it over a long time.

I made videos over a period of time and what I should have done was also write up detail explaining the idea behind it instead of just posting the video.
Problem is, what you showcased what a whole bunch of fail.

I don't see why you are regurgitating information I already posted.
I was giving a tip to an under geared monk so that he can know what to work towards ;-)

when did I ever mention using Overawe?

Nice edit's on your post ;-)

If they don't listen to me then I don't care. Like I said in the other thread, I worked on this build for a long time and I know what's what. If you prefer not to listen to a veteran and rather listen to someone who didn't think the build worked then that's fine by me.

You haven't done anything special or different though. You have simply stated what skills do, also, your gear choices are wrong in some places. How could you possibly ever think any of those high end boots could replace dex zunis? -.- You really have no clue what you are talking about, and your gear shows this.

I don't necessarily have to play like Druin and I said in my guide that if that is what you want to do, then go ahead. I don't lose any effectiveness by not doing it. I boosted SW's damage another way and it works better than the snapshot (yes I tried it, the snapshot is an old trick Monks knew for a long time). I said in my guide that we are not Barbarians where they are immune to CC in WOTB form. We don't have that. So Serenity is what we have and I feel that it's invaluable.

Nobody has to play like anybody. But you are shooting yourself in the foot by NOT snapshotting. You aren't increasing your damage at all... if you snapshotted, you could at least get your SW to a respectable level of damage so as to not run through things seven times. Also, for CC, you have your Seven sided strike. Gasp!

Speaking of Serenity and SSS being on the same bar, this is one of the rare builds in the game that can be built w/o using Elective Mode :)
That's nice. No relevance to anything here. Are you once again trying to shoot yourself in the foot by limiting what your character can do?

I've made some comments in bold. Also, I won't be bothering to check the replies. You really should become good at what you are trying to teach before you teach it.
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Shatterbox
I've made some comments in bold. Also, I won't be bothering to check the replies. You really should become good at what you are trying to teach before you teach it.

- You have half his kill count, you're wearing a SoJ without Sweeping Wind bonus,
your SoJ has +bonus to TR crit, but you're using Fire Storm instead of Cyclone. You have 150 all res, your profile is crap, you have no HC 60. Therefore your definition of "good", is meaningless. :D
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/16/2012 5:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
lolololololololololol!!!!!!!

For new people coming into the thread, Shatterbox's profile is WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO DO!

You see what I'm saying? In Druin's guide, he recommends all this stuff, like low resist such as Shatterbox's, he doesn't even HAVE OWE equipped and his armor is pathetic. If he ever got CC'ed and caught with something, HE'S DEAD! Don't let that high DPS fool you!

That's exactly what my guide aims to move away from. You NEVER put survivability behind your damage, EVER! Even if it means being able to run your build or not. Even in my original A1 Inferno video, I never sacrifice survivability just to run the spec. I could have taken the build into A2 and make a video on that, but I can't promote anything that gets you killed.

And finally, I'm never going to listen to someone who stole Kripparian's nicknames, apparently you're trying to be him when you're not.

edit:
I forgot to add that, despite what Shatterbox says about my DPS, it isn't true at all. He may not think that I'm not one-shotting mobs w/ 77-88k dps but what gives me the ability to do so is my ring and amulet which gives +22% to Sweeping Wind damage.

No need to snapshot when it's being naturally boosted by items and that damage is further enhanced by Mantra of Conviction. On top of that, Mantra of Conviction is offering it's own AOE. So all that put together, I'm one shotting everything @77k DPS compared to people doing this at 120-150k dps.
Edited by speedforce#1637 on 12/16/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 05:17 PMPosted by LordRaahl

- You have half his kill count, you're wearing a SoJ without Sweeping Wind bonus,
your SoJ has +bonus to TR crit, but you're using Fire Storm instead of Cyclone. You have 150 all res, your profile is crap, you have no HC 60. Therefore your definition of "good", is meaningless. :D

makes me wanna level up a HC 60
Reply Quote
12/16/2012 07:50 AMPosted by speedforce
I never said there was going to be any lol. I just said that there's going to be stuff in here that's not anywhere else and that's true.

You specifically said that you knew things that Druin did not and had ways to increase the amount of exp/hour people were getting. In case you don't remember:

The crazy thing is, what he has out there isn't really top level TR stuff. I wouldn't even recommend even half of what he wrote. He is missing a lot of important stuff. I see people who are following in his footsteps and are gearing themselves missing the big fundamentals and they get killed all the time b/c his guide had holes in it.

TR still has more depth to it that is unexplored. I have a theory in the works right now, that enables even MORE XP/hr but it'll take some time materializing. Until then, I'm not at liberty to discuss it.

There is nothing in this build that explains how you are getting better exp/hour numbers than Druin's guide offers, especially since your build focuses more on survivability than damage (killing stuff slower), you don't snapshot (less damage), AND you don't have fleet footed (takes you longer).

12/16/2012 05:17 PMPosted by LordRaahl

You have over 1000 hours on your monk and aren't even Paragon Level 40.

#endofdebate
Reply Quote

#endofdebate

trolol, each of my paragons is reserved for the numerology in my videos. ;)
that's why I don't level until I record.

but I have 7 lvl 60s, and a spread-out "combined paragon number", of 74.
You have 1 single lvl 60, and only paragon 52. :D
not to mention only around 400 hours.
You sure you wanna judge the guy with over 2000 hours who tested Beta before you even knew of D3? lol.

You don't end debates.
I do. :)
Edited by LordRaahl#1733 on 12/16/2012 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
/popcorn.
Reply Quote

#endofdebate

trolol, each of my paragons is reserved for the numerology in my videos. ;)
that's why I don't level until I record.

but I have 7 lvl 60s, and a spread-out "combined paragon number", of 74.
You have 1 single lvl 60, and only paragon 52. :D

Yep, you are correct. Then again, paragon level 52 = 2,283,840,000 experience, while the 74 levels on your characters = 1,704,960,000 experience. So maybe that isn't exactly the point you were trying to prove.

not to mention only around 400 hours.
You sure you wanna judge the guy with over 2000 hours who tested Beta before you even knew of D3? lol.

You don't end debates.
I do. :)

Yea, sorry I've been playing since day 1 and haven't managed to accrue even 400 hours. I'm unable to play as often as you. Clearly, this makes you better than me.

You insult people who:
A) Don't have as many hours played as you
B) Don't have as many elites killed as you (oh, in my less than 400 hours on my monk, I've killed more elites than you have in over 1000 hours on your monk, guess I'm safe here)
C) Don't have as good of gear as you
D) Have better gear than you, acquired by playing the game
E) Have used the RMAH, regardless of how good their gear is
F) Make arguments using actual numbers instead of simple gut feelings
G) Don't have a Hard Core character

Did I miss anything?

Yea, you're a real peach CF.

edit: Of course, how could I forget G, your old fallback!
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 12/16/2012 8:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]