Diablo® III

dropping vault for caltrops bait the trap

since I face tank most of the time and rarely have to vault out of the way, this might be feasible. although im sitting at 54% crit, an additional 10% gives me +24k dps. sentries ontop of spike traps ontop of caltrops. Which makes me think I could substitute a passive skill for cull of the weak and get even more damage. anyone try this?
Edited by BEASTMODE#1429 on 12/16/2012 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I have with mp5 but the problem was weak caltrop duration; sustainable 10% crit was actually expensive for me discipline wise while using an occasional shadowPower since it costs 1/sec just to maintain 1 trap - barely could get through siegebreaker before going Oom

you'll need nightstalker and maybe custom engi
Edited by zoid#1554 on 12/16/2012 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just tried it on mp8. Runnin nightstalker, cull of the weak, and archery. It's actually very effective. The damage increase is HUGE. Also noticed that nightstalker proc'ed a lot more which gives me excess discipline to throw out more caltrops.

The only downside is losing that vault to get out of certain situations. If you can learn to play w/o vault and survive, definitely try this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#WQhgYk!eXc!ZaZYcc
Reply Quote
I have with mp5 but the problem was weak caltrop duration; sustainable 10% crit was actually expensive for me discipline wise while using an occasional shadowPower since it costs 1/sec just to maintain 1 trap - barely could get through siegebreaker before going Oom

you'll need nightstalker and maybe custom engi

ya the caltrop duration kinda sux. but you will notice that using nightstalker, you have more discipline to spend and can keep both caltrops and gloom up the entire time.
Reply Quote
i always use bait the trap if there is good leech in the group, i.e. CM Wiz/ WD, basically 80% of the time i just stand there and deliver dps.

Don't forget bait the trap also boosts ally which is normally like 10-15% boss of dps for everyone.

Using bait the trap with Barbs is not so effective though coz everything is running around...
Reply Quote
on higher mp and ubers I switch vault for marked for death, I've tried caltrops but the non-mobility is an issue imho. mfd also helps allies/group

o/
Reply Quote
Just get 70% native crit and don't worry about bait the trap.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 08:59 AMPosted by Merlin

Lol, easier said than done my friend.

IIMO vault is the hands down, THE signature/iconic skill of the dh class that leaves other classes in dust in mobility. Would not take it out for any skill.
Reply Quote
12/17/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Cyon

IIMO vault is the hands down, THE signature/iconic skill of the dh class that leaves other classes in dust in mobility. Would not take it out for any skill.

Im at 66.5 with my scoundrel. If I switched to 1h xbow, id hit the 75% cap.
Reply Quote
This what I typically do, it kills noticeably quicker when I'm using the buff.
Reply Quote
I really can't see ever getting rid of Vault. What do you do when in a sticky situation with Freeze? Or Jailer? Or Walled? All three of these are brutal if Desecrate is also an Affix. Vault can get you out of those close calls better than anything for the discipline cost and since on later MPLs elites have a stupid amount of health I feel like I need the skill to survive.
Edited by Kadderly#1572 on 12/18/2012 12:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 10:18 AMPosted by hellmonkey

Im at 66.5 with my scoundrel. If I switched to 1h xbow, id hit the 75% cap.

Well it's not hard to stack crit, but try hitting 70 crit with manticore @ 400k+ dps is what I mean. I could easily switch to calamity but what's the point? :P
Reply Quote
i always use bait the trap if there is good leech in the group, i.e. CM Wiz/ WD, basically 80% of the time i just stand there and deliver dps.

Don't forget bait the trap also boosts ally which is normally like 10-15% boss of dps for everyone.

Using bait the trap with Barbs is not so effective though coz everything is running around...

Just so you know I've tried bait the trap with some friends and none of them got any bonus in crit or dps.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]