Diablo® III

Goblin Toes - [Concept]

MY IDEA is if occasionally the goblin doesnt portal out and runs away faster than you could catch them.... but left clues to find their final resting place .... like a secret hidden dungeon. Inside there is a goblin king ... that just has like a 50% chance to drop a legendary... maybe a resplendent chest or two...

the cms want discussion, not +1 bro its the best idea ever omg you amazing
so heres my 2 cents
Reply Quote
Awesome idea!! 100% from me on this one!

May I introduce another?

How about another type of hunt/build mission except that at the end, the jeweler will be able to use the 'machine' to add a (or an additional) socket to one item? How awesome would that be?

The only catch is that the item becomes account bound and no additional sockets can be added to that item. But, if an item already has sockets, then this will allow an additional one to be added to it. Perhaps, there could also be a chance that the machine could add a socket to an item that doesn't normally have one such as bracers or shoulders....

socket quest would be cool .... but giving an additional socket to an item that already has one would throw the game more out of balance than it already is ... and with a socket quest... instantly every 1 hand rare weapon under 1250 dps plummets in price

Yeah - good point - that is also why suggested that it should be made to become account bound so it cannot be set up for sale on the AH.
Reply Quote
One of the best ideas on these forums yet. +1
Reply Quote
Great iDEA
Reply Quote
10/10 GOGOGO IMPLETEMENT THIS ! :P
Reply Quote
or if u kill goblin you have a chance to enter into that portal he makes depending on mp lvl
lvl 0 = 5% lvll =10% lvl10 = 100% and u could fight a gob king or somthing
Reply Quote
cool idea
Reply Quote
We went through this already with the Infernal Machine. Add in all the quirky stuff you want, it doesn't change the problem with the game overall. It is often a tedious bore flanked on one side by lousy, unsympathetic characters we're forced to help out and some of the most cliché dialogue ever present in an adventure game on the other. That doesn't even count how terribly predictable it is! If D3 isn't about the story, then don't bother writing one for D4.

We seem to be interested in adding more frosting to the cake and I don't get why. We don't need more diversions. Improve and enhance the core game, please!
Reply Quote
GIVE THIS MAN DEVELOPER STATUS
Reply Quote

socket quest would be cool .... but giving an additional socket to an item that already has one would throw the game more out of balance than it already is ... and with a socket quest... instantly every 1 hand rare weapon under 1250 dps plummets in price

Yeah - good point - that is also why suggested that it should be made to become account bound so it cannot be set up for sale on the AH.

Im loving this whole thread and i would love to see any of this go down.
In terms of the socket quest make it so that only per char as an event only accessible by chars lvl 30 paragon or higher. That is decent enough time investment on to be worth the absolute amazingess of adding a socket to ANY weapon....non account bound.

ppl that are upset about picking up goblin toes from other games.....if you think about it logically thats pretty much what we are currently doing Keys Plan, Plan, Parts, Parts, Crafting materials, books etc... instead of goblin toes make it that you need 4 parts that can only be gotten by completing an entire act and kill every single goblin along the way. Make say 5-8 per act and if all dead a Goblin boss that can drop a Ingrediant need to create the portal and plan to make. Same as key drops in terms of percentage.

good thread bump^
Reply Quote
This would be cool. Any new additional content/things to do would be awesome.

+1
Reply Quote
Blizzard is to bussy doing nothing, I dont think they give a !@#$ about ideas anymore.
Reply Quote
Awesome idea.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
first FIX CRAFTING blizzard. and then...

then you have my permission to add this great idea.
Reply Quote
For the love of god can we just have a Blue already respond to this thread saying something like "Seen it. Forwarded" that way people will stop bumping this unoriginal idea.

It only seems like a fantastic idea because the D3 community has become accustomed to mediocre design and quests. A team of developers should be able to come up with something better than a collection quest.

This.
Reply Quote
+1 When I heard the journal entry about Greed I have been waiting to stumble across a portal to go fight him. Come on Blizz, keep the game interesting.
Reply Quote
Any blues respond to this yet?
This idea deserves a serious look at by the game devs.

I am fairly confident that a CM has seen it by now and would pass it along, even if they didn't respond to the thread. It's blown up (way beyond what I thought it would) and has been on the front page for days. :) Go team!

My other thought is that if there is no "official" response to the thread at this point, it's because they are already working on something quite similar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]