Diablo® III

now i know why ppl say barbs...

are like easy mode compared to other classes.

I was kinda bored of my DH lately, so spent 220m on gearing a medicore barb from scratch. Didn't try to look for good deals, so i know most gear was overpaid.

but to my surprise, with this setup, i could easily farm lvl 10 without paying much attention, it just takes a while, but i dont have to worry about being dead at all. :/

i know this is an obvious fact, but just wanna say it again, barb is indeed the best farmer in D3.
Reply Quote
I recently switched to DH from barb and I agree.
Reply Quote
DH owns barb in paragon lvl farming (90% what people do hehe) It just balances out. :)
Reply Quote
12/18/2012 11:54 PMPosted by DChe
I recently switched to DH from barb and I agree.

Oh! I thought I was the only one who went the other way and rolled a DH after a Barb. The DH is fun!!
Reply Quote
12/19/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Cyon
DH owns barb in paragon lvl farming (90% what people do hehe) It just balances out. :)

really?
Edited by Shdwflare#1288 on 12/19/2012 4:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
Rolled wiz after barb liked it. Then rolled dh... Sold all gear on barb to fund dh n wiz. Never goin back to barb.
Reply Quote
I play both a well-geared Barb and DH and I've gotta say that the Barb beats my DH in terms of overall farming efficiency. As much as I love my DH, I have to agree that WW Barbs are just PvE monsters. As the game stands CURRENTLY, they've just got the right skills and dynamics to make it work.

However, in terms of fun and playability, the DH wins. DH's are, IMO of course, more engaging to play. Also, from what we know today, I think DH's will do very well in PvP (all speculation of course).

The bottom line here is play the class you enjoy. I mean, afterall, the point of a game is to have fun.
Reply Quote
Barbs are boring.

DH and WD are fun.

Wiz, eh... they are ok.

Monk... to be determined.
Reply Quote
so far my favorites are DH, CM wiz, and lightning monk. not a HUGE fan of WW barb yet, but I'm still getting geared.
Reply Quote
lol @ anyone "farming" MP10
Reply Quote
Yeah, all characters has its fun part. The way I rate em is prolly:

1. DH
2. WD (I use Acid Rain)
3. WW Barb (run like the wind!)
4. CM Wiz (too much clicking)
5. Monk (just sux, survivability n dps balance just so much harder to achieve compared to a barb)

Seriously though, would recommend everyone playing all chars. I find it much more fun than parogon leveling. Also, after this, definitely try HC mode, just working on it now.

I also try to gear all my chars since I am just too lazy to change gears.
Reply Quote
@cyon, actually i think barb still wins in terms of paragon lvl'ing, as per diabloprogress at least.

@beast, yes i agree. It just amazed me how well barb's skills and mechanics work for farming. I hadn't seriously leveled any characters beyond 60 except DH, but I did have some fun with the barb last night. I guess I'll take a break from my DH for a week. :D but I'm really curiously excited to see how well DH do in pvp if it ever comes out. :p

@veritech, lol i do the same, but I "farmed" mp10 in order to experience how powerful a barb is :p, of course i won't literally farm mp10 regularly, maybe not even for keys, cuz it still takes a bit too long for my barb to my taste.
Reply Quote
Yeah, all characters has its fun part. The way I rate em is prolly:

1. DH
2. WD (I use Acid Rain)
3. WW Barb (run like the wind!)
4. CM Wiz (too much clicking)
5. Monk (just sux, survivability n dps balance just so much harder to achieve compared to a barb)

I kinda liked my monk when leveling her to 60. The only class that bored the crap out of me was wiz. but never tried any of them after they introduced the paragon levels, so there could've been some changes.
Reply Quote
Out of all 5 ive gotten to level 60, there is 2 class's i can run mp10 with. WW barb and CM Wiz, spending about the same on each character gear wise. As far as most fun to play

1. Monk (I love how their skills work, just needs tweeking)
2. DH (So far seems solid, still fairly new to DH)
3. Barb (Fun just getting all minions to 1 area and WW around em)
4. WD (Nice powerful class, i just lacked mana)
5. Wiz (Liked the class, didn't like how it was limited to CM for higher mp's for me. Lots of clicking)

Kinda how it is for me
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415642796

Many barbs in that thread able to kill MP10 Azmodan in less than 1M gold. Lowest so far is 415K gold.
Reply Quote
they can do it under 10 mins with less than 50K dps...... -_-

I might try it with mine tonight, though I'm not qualified for the contest.
Reply Quote
@Shdwflare, really.

@x0pht, Pure xp farming at mp0-1, barb cannot keep up the speed of a fast dh with tactical advantage. The mobs are pretty much 1 shot wiped by uswhile it takes barb a few more seconds to down, and we don't have discipline/fury problem with vengence that keep us going nonstop.

70m xp per hour is much easier for dh than barb, if both similarily geared. High mp level farming is a different story....
Edited by Cyon#1808 on 12/19/2012 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote

@x0pht, Pure xp farming at mp0-1, barb cannot keep up the speed of a fast dh with tactical advantage. The mobs are pretty much 1 shot wiped by uswhile it takes barb a few more seconds to down, and we don't have discipline/fury problem with vengence that keep us going nonstop.

70m xp per hour is much easier for dh than barb, if both similarily geared. High mp level farming is a different story....

speaking of which, actually i did find that I ran faster than WW barbs in the pubs. but how come are over half of the top 20 paragons (the first 20 who reached lvl 100) barbs?

my guess is most of them just sprint through the trash mobs, and kill them with tornadoes? if they have high enough dps. but never got to 70m xp/hr with my DH to know about it. :p
Reply Quote
@Shdwflare, really.

speaking of which, actually i did find that I ran faster than WW barbs in the pubs. but how come are over half of the top 20 paragons (the first 20 who reached lvl 100) barbs?

my guess is most of them just sprint through the trash mobs, and kill them with tornadoes? if they have high enough dps. but never got to 70m xp/hr with my DH to know about it. :p

My barb will give my DH a run for his money in both high level and low level (which says a lot about how OP they are), but it requires a little strategy. I can hit 70m+ with both classes. The key here is proper a proper set-up. With my DH, it's one shot kill while with my barb, all I need to do it run by them. Proper resource generation and sustainability is definitely important.
Edited by Beast#1449 on 12/19/2012 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

My barb will give my DH a run for his money in both high level and low level (which says a lot about how OP they are), but it requires a little strategy. I can hit 70m+ with both classes. The key here is proper a proper set-up. With my DH, it's one shot kill while with my barb, all I need to do it run by them. Proper resource generation and sustainability is definitely important.

but if you sprint by all trash mobs, how do you know if there's a legendary or jewelry drop?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]