Diablo® III

Ultimate XMAS giveaway-5 sets/Gold/Enter now!

THE WINNERS!
1. Bibagi#1986
2. joyous#1717
3. Twisted#1227
4. Jaguarjazz#1562
5. Artemis #1508

Congrats to everyone! I am so glad that many of you entered this giveaway. I sincerely apologize for my absence (not that none of you noticed I'm sure) but I hope I can stick around the community for a little while.

Hello fellow monks! It is time for the infamous giveaway that myself, @Druin, and @Scrapz have decided to set up.

To my knowledge we have:

2 sets from me (I think all are 100k+, not sure, @Piffle made them)
Set #1:
http://i.imgur.com/CBzQ5.jpg

I believe for paragon 0 monks, this will be around 90k dps and 400k EH.

Set #2:
http://i.imgur.com/136rv.jpg

3 sets from @Druin

Set 1:
Defensive TR suit.

Items:
http://imgur.com/kaxcQ

Recommended Spec:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bcYSTk!cdU!cZcYcc

Set 2:
Offensive Inner Storm + Submission TR suit.

Items:
http://imgur.com/gn7RA

Recommended Spec:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bcYSTk!cdU!cZcYcc

Set 3:
Offensive Cyclone + Circular Breathing TR suit.

Items:
http://imgur.com/3l7EJ

Recommended Spec:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acYSXQ!cdX!aZccbZ

1-2 sets from @Scrapz which he has already given away (sorry guys, forgot about that). But he has told me he will give away 25m to a winner, or he'll build you a set with it if you'd prefer :).

This is all only possible because of all you fellow monks in the community. I was astonished at how many of you were willing to donate towards this cause. Christmas is a great time of year for most..whether it's to spend with their kids, family, wife, whatever the case may be..not all of you have the time some of us have to play this game and gear up. I know how frustrating it can be to start fresh and with the market the way it is now it's hard to sell anything at all to improve.

So, Druin, Scrapz, and I are going to pick the winners. What I'd like to see is people only enter if you are really struggling with this game. And I'm talking struggling to where you can't beat inferno, or you die constantly on no monster power or MP1. If you have 500+ hours and your gear is still bad then you probably sold all of your stuff and I'd rather these sets go to different peoples who need it more. I'd like to say if you're under paragon 30 then you can enter, but really I'm not that interested in your paragon level..cause some of you might be grinding hell runs for XP or whatever the case.

Anyways. To enter simply write your battle tag on the first line, and then include a short summary about your time playing the game. Just a little insight on what you're struggling with, and why you would like to win a set, etc. I'll get the stats of all the sets later once Piffle gets on and Scrapz replies, and I'll have Druin tell me what his is looking like as well.

Big shout out to all of you guys here. The monk community is far by the best class forum on here, we are the most helpful and have some great guides and players out here. I know I am quitting, but I'll still be TR'ing from time to time :). <3 ya all, good luck to all of you guys who decide to enter. Merry christmas.

DONATIONS
Leorrix - 200 M

(I will finish the donation list later, I personally only took them from Leorrix because it was gold, but so many of you offered great items to me and I will do my best to put you guys under the donations list as well, I will edit this post later when I have more time =D)

Also, I will be giving 50m to a random person who is currently in the service. I have the utmost respect for you guys, my dad was in the ARMY for 33 years and retired a full bird. He is honestly my hero, but I have nothing but respect for you all who have the balls to put your lives on the line for us nerds to play computer games. I tip my hats off to you. Please leave your name, batallion, and branch of service so I can address the winner accordingly.
Edited by SrslySam91#1775 on 1/8/2013 9:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is a great thing you are doing! Good luck everyone! And happy holidays.
Reply Quote
Arizal#1386

I'm not sure if I'm considered struggling. I came back to playing again after hitting the brick wall of inferno during Act 2 (at release), I wasn't having fun then. Now that I'm playing again though I'm having a blast, a little overwhelmed by all the changes though. Right now I'm having issues on MP0 depending on the packs I usually only die once or twice per run doing Act 3. I've started doing Hell MP5 Act 3 for experience most things die quickly. Mostly I'm struggling on finding upgrades that are affordable and picking out the right upgrades. I've been looking at various peoples profiles to figure out what stats they are going for.

Merry Christmas all and thanks for doing a giveaway. Hopefully I'll be able to donate towards any future ones.
Reply Quote
best of luck everyone! happy holidays!!!

hooray for the monk community!
Reply Quote
The fact that our community is doing something like this is awesome. Its even more amazing though, to me, because of the meaning behind it. The holidays (especially Christmas) is a time when friends and family (loved ones) come together to show how much they care about each other.

The fact that this gesture has been extended by people you'll never meet, to people they'll never meet, really is amazing. Sure its just a video game, but I don't think that really matters. Its the selflessness involved here thats so amazing.

Things like what just happened in Connecticut last week make it hard to have faith in humanity. And while the negative (sad, mad, whatever emotion you choose to draw from it) magnitude of that FAR outweighs whats happening here, things like this still DO matter. Every little bit does. And at least for me, its things like this which help me to never lose hope, to stay positive, and to look for the good in each and every person I've met, know, and will meet.

I've never been prouder of anything video game related, than I am right now to call myself a Monk.

So thank you, each and every one of you.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Just letting you know, I have 3 full TR sets each valued at ~25m ready for the taking! :D

-Druin, the happy monk
Reply Quote
Arizal#1386

I'm not sure if I'm considered struggling. I came back to playing again after hitting the brick wall of inferno during Act 2 (at release), I wasn't having fun then. Now that I'm playing again though I'm having a blast, a little overwhelmed by all the changes though. Right now I'm having issues on MP0 depending on the packs I usually only die once or twice per run doing Act 3. I've started doing Hell MP5 Act 3 for experience most things die quickly. Mostly I'm struggling on finding upgrades that are affordable and picking out the right upgrades. I've been looking at various peoples profiles to figure out what stats they are going for.

Merry Christmas all and thanks for doing a giveaway. Hopefully I'll be able to donate towards any future ones.

Merry Christmas man, best of luck to you my brother :).

The fact that our community is doing something like this is awesome. Its even more amazing though, to me, because of the meaning behind it. The holidays (especially Christmas) is a time when friends and family (loved ones) come together to show how much they care about each other.

The fact that this gesture has been extended by people you'll never meet, to people they'll never meet, really is amazing. Sure its just a video game, but I don't think that really matters. Its the selflessness involved here thats so amazing.

Things like what just happened in Connecticut last week make it hard to have faith in humanity. And while the negative (sad, mad, whatever emotion you choose to draw from it) magnitude of that FAR outweighs whats happening here, things like this still DO matter. Every little bit does. And at least for me, its things like this which help me to never lose hope, to stay positive, and to look for the good in each and every person I've met, know, and will meet.

I've never been prouder of anything video game related, than I am right now to call myself a Monk.

So thank you, each and every one of you.

Simply awesome man. Well put. I am sad I wont be playing anymore, but like I said if anyone wants to loan a few items for a couple runs I will get on and play from time to time, also I'll be TR farming still :). I know this seems so cliche cause it's a video game and all, but it really makes my heart feel good man. A lot of you guys are members of the service for our country, school teachers, etc etc. The least I can do is spread some joy around christmas to you guys who weren't as fortunate as me or had enough time as I have to make my account the way it is (was). I thank all of you in this community for giving me a good time, it started out rough but I'm very pleased I got to meet all of you.

I know not many of you know me still, but hopefully my name can be in the rafters somewhere.. :)

@Druin, awesome brother. I'll get the stats up of these sets soon guys, druin and piffle are going to post them and I'll edit into the first post!
Reply Quote
Maccah#1830

I would think that many other monks on this forum are much more needing, and deserving than I, but I'll chuck my two cents in anyway. I'm one of the monks that doesn't have multitudes of time to play the game. I've been playing since release, and still never really gotten anywhere. I generally farm mp1, but some packs still give me plenty of grief, and end my run, which is very annoying if you can only afford to play enough for 2-3 runs.

Thank you to all the monks that have made this possible, Be that donators, people that put in the time and effort to build these sets, and even the monks that are willing to help out others in any given situation!

Cheers
-Mac
Reply Quote
Dosu #1368

I'm doing ok, but still stuck at 70k dps, I'm mostly grinding for gold and para levels now(About 4 hours a day) but it's to expensive trying to get more dps while keeping my ok res and def, a set with around 100k dps will help me out greatly.
happy holidays! :)
Reply Quote
Set #1:
http://i.imgur.com/CBzQ5.jpg

I believe for paragon 0 monks, this will be around 90k dps and 400k EH.

Set #2:
http://i.imgur.com/136rv.jpg

I believe for paragon 0 monks, this will be around 103k dps and 450k EH.

Both sets have 24% MS, lifesteal on one weapon and the EH stats are not including a gem in the hat. Gems in the armor are Star Emeralds (46 dex) and in the weapons are Perfect Star Emeralds (90% CD).

I will provide the winner of each choice with the Star gem of their choice for the hat - Ruby, Amethyst, Topaz, whatever you want.
Reply Quote
nice program, the Darkside approves of these messages!
hopefully the legit players with family, who play often but struggling, get the prizes! >:)
Reply Quote
Thank you so much Piffle!

I am forever indebted to you sir :). Updated my top post with the sets from him! They look awesome by the way.
Reply Quote
All of you guys are pretty much amazing :3 I'm not gonna be in the running but all I can say is you all will make some people very happy (you guys did that with all your guides and giveaways for me)! Murry kwanzaa all!
Reply Quote
I haven't looked but wonder if the other classes community is this awesome.. lol
Reply Quote
Excessive#1822

When I saw you ask us to talk about struggling monks I was expecting to see everyone in the same position as me, but wow, I guess I'm just well below the average monk! People talking about having trouble with 70k dps and I'm still rocking a measly 22k. I stopped playing D3 back when it first came out, I was stuck on ACTII Inferno like many others, and just recently picked it up again after a friend telling me how much it has changed. Despite my best efforts of farming for a pretty good amount each day I just can't seem to get anywhere. I still have trouble on many elite packs, and I feel it just simply takes so long for me to kill things, I've even thought about rerolling DH or Barb just so I can kill things, but I love my monk too much, and really wish to continue trying to progress on him. The prices on the AH just seem simply outraegeous for the stat upgrades, but I don't have much to spend regardless sadly.

Anyways, this is turning out to be really long haha, it's a good thing to see people in the monk community so willing to help others and give them a good experience playing the game, especially around Christmas time. Thanks for being so generous and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you guys!
Reply Quote
Great thing you doing here, good change from alot of the rude people on :)

Wish you guys were giving away some 100% critical gems lol

Good luck everyone with this
Reply Quote
deleted
Edited by Blitz#1498 on 12/23/2012 6:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
Druin I'd like to throw my hat in for a TR set, Sepulcher #1624. I pretty much have no to get any of the +spirit stuff.
Reply Quote
Millhouse9#1885

I have been playing the game since release. I'm a pretty casual player, but, as of recently, I have started playing a lot more due to the increased drop rates from patch 1.0.5. I would like to win a set because I'm a struggling monk that simply cannot afford to buy a lot of the BiS gear on the AH. I have tried some inexpensive tempest rush builds and I really enjoyed that. I can't afford to purchase the TR equipment that Druin went over in his awesome guide (only have like 1.5 million gold atm), but, I'm slowly working on getting a 4 piece inna's and a good skorn to do so. So, I would truly appreciate winning any of these sets. Regardless, I think that this community is awesome for doing stuff like this for fellow players that you will probably never meet in real life. Thank you to everyone that is involved in acts of kindness such as this, it makes me really want to be involved in this community. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!
Reply Quote
joyous#1717

I have not been playing very long at all, only a few months. Honestly, I've never played games like this in my life. My boyfriend told me to just give it a try before making assumptions...now I'm hooked! I'm trying to level up to 60 and I'm almost there. Great gear is really expensive so this would be so helpful and I'd be incredibly grateful.
Edited by joyous#1717 on 12/22/2012 6:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]