Diablo® III

Ultimate XMAS giveaway-5 sets/Gold/Enter now!

max#11327

Had a bit of incredible luck while first starting and found the skorn I currently use, from there I've been working on building my toon up. I feel I'm in fairly good shape, and certainly would prefer the full sets go to someone more in need, but if you guys see any clear weak spots for me, I'd love to get some advice or a bit of help. I am hoping to work my way up to being able to handle higher mp levels to work on hellfire ring. Thanks very much to all who helped put this on!
Reply Quote
Ligeia#1870

Hey everyone. I'm Justin and I'm in the army, 1-21 Infantry battalion in Hawaii.

I'm having a difficult surviving in inferno. Someone just gave me some nice gear, but I still get over ran pretty easily.
Reply Quote
LouisVuitton#1133

need gears for mp 7+++~
Reply Quote
Ranthor#1593

I have been struggling to get past MP2 and have worked on a TR set but frankly failed to get enough DPS to carry the budget spec . I have however learned a lot about the AH and how to gear to the 60k range for 3-5 million , the DH and WD I rolled in frustration where paid for just in resold gear from the attempts to gear the monk . I would like to take a moment to state three things I have learned from it . 1) Search for the item type and stats then sort by time and look for low bid no buyout items that are going to end during your play time ei.. 1-3 hours for me . 2) Bid on 3 to 5 of them that would be an upgrade , watch for the outbid message until it gets pasts your limit for that item slot . 3 ) If you win multiple choose what best suits your goal then resell using the price you paid plus 15% as starting bid and double that for buyout . It might take a bit longer but you'll end up not loosing much and possibly making a profit . This works very well at my gear level , but I just don't have the gold to do it at higher levels , I assume it would work for that also you'd just be working with larger amounts . In closing I would love to have a working TR set and build for leveling and the other two sets are both far superior to what I have managed . Good Luck to us all and Happy Holidays !
Edited by Ranthor#1593 on 12/23/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ligeia#1870

Hey everyone. I'm Justin and I'm in the army, 1-21 Infantry battalion in Hawaii.

I'm having a difficult surviving in inferno. Someone just gave me some nice gear, but I still get over ran pretty easily.

HOOAH! Pleasure to meet you man, thanks for the service.

LouisVuitton#1133

need gears for mp 7+++~

Unfortunately we're trying to help those struggling to get through the game. If you can do up to mp7 it tells me these sets wouldn't be best suited for you, to be honest. Also idk if you missed the memo but I'm not as inclined to pick a winner who only read the title of the post :).

To everyone else, great entries. All of you so far (besides this LouisVuitton guy) are great candidates. I wish you the best of luck, and have a safe christmas!
Reply Quote
Not posting to get gear (I’m sure what you are offering for a give-away is better than what I have) but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you pitching in on this give-away.

I played pretty hard for awhile and started reading horrible General thread posts and very negative posts in the Monk forum as well. I decided to take a break.

Just recently I decided to come back and pluck around in MP2 to pass the time and I have to say, THIS is what I was hoping I would come back to. The D3 community was lacking consistency and generosity. Niceness was definitely not a major part of this game and it is nice to see people that have so much giving back to people that have little or nothing.

I can only hope this will spread further than the Monk forum, because this is something that will make this game more enjoyable to play more than 2 hours every once and awhile.
Reply Quote
12/29-Withdrawn, I got some stuff from christmas :)
Kiddo#1947

Edit: Quash thats exactly the feedback I have on D3 and its community after coming back.

First of all, I want to say thank you guys for making this Christmas merrier for more people, what you guys are doing is very appreciated and awesome! Giving a chance for people to enjoy this game even more and for some people like myself to experience having a strong character to play with lol..

I just recently started playing again and I am enjoying it so far, trying out some low budget guides and builds that I can partially afford but it has helped a lot in making the game more fun and giving me a direction. I was able to scrape up some items on the AH with 3 mil for that one monk build without TR, and then I saw some videos for the TR build that looked fun to try out but I don't have any budget (2mil left)for it lol...yeah 5 million im not so balling

Have a safe and happy holiday!
Edited by Kiddo#1947 on 12/29/2012 8:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Okies, sorry I am way late on this ... holidays are KILLING my free time! :D

Set 1:
Defensive TR suit.

Items:
http://imgur.com/kaxcQ

Recommended Spec:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bcYSTk!cdU!cZcYcc

Idea behind the set:
This was the first set I built and I was initially doing it in order to make some vids of a lower-budget TR setup.

The price is kinda hard to determine because the set uses an ammy and boots that I found and an SoJ and Skorn that were donated.

The set ended up very defensive because I was using my main monk's gems and hellfire which gave it a relatively over-inflated dps.

You really shouldn't die with the 28k hp, 440AR and 3k LoK that this set offers!

Set 2:
Offensive Inner Storm + Submission TR suit.

Items:
http://imgur.com/gn7RA

Recommended Spec:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bcYSTk!cdU!cZcYcc

Idea behind the set:
This suit cost under 25m gold and was ~1/2 of the donation gold that I got from Sam through Leorrix.

This set has low-ish Crit Chance and a SW damage SoJ which makes it perfect for the Inner Storm - Submission build.

I have personally achieved 71m xp/hr with this set on my plvl15 monk. Exactly the same gear and gems as posted.

Set 3:
Offensive Cyclone + Circular Breathing TR suit.

Items:
http://imgur.com/3l7EJ

Recommended Spec:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acYSXQ!cdX!aZccbZ

Idea behind the set:
This suit has high enough Crit Chance (41%) without the use of a CHC Hellfire ring (in case you can't get one) to be able to use Sweeping Winds Cyclone.

I went with an All resist / phys resist / armor / STI defensive plan and it works really well.
(credit to whomever suggested that in Speedforce's TR guide thread)

This spec uses Fist of Thunder instead of Deadly Reach because it doesn't have the Spirit Regen from an SoJ.

Notes:
1. I will personally run each winner through MP10 ubers if they do not already have a Hellfire ring so that they can get one and use it.

Hellfire ring is pretty much mandatory for xp/hr anyways and that is what TR is all about.

2. I am also supplying 5 Perfect Square Amethysts with each set so that the recipients have the choice to drop DPS for more survivability to match their comfort level with the spec.

I have tested each set and I can vouch for their viability at the ~22k hp level, however, it is a relatively skill intensive play style and it takes a bit to pick up. I recommend newer monks who win use the Amethysts and, when you feel like you are no longer dying, start to phase them out for Emeralds over time.

Merry Christmas everyone!

-Druin, the happy monk
Edited by Druin#1518 on 12/23/2012 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
waveofwhy#1419

I just started playing last week and am on my way with a monk to 60 now. Its awesome to see veteran players doing stuff like this for other players! I only have this coming week off and then the time I have to play will be much less, so im looking for anything that will help me start paragon farming as soon as I hit 60. Doesn't even really have to be a full set of anything, anything at all that would help me make the most of the little window of time I have would make an amazing Christmas gift : )

EDIT: It has been a week! and I still have not been able to achieve very much. I have not been able to find anything while farming that sells for more than 400k, and RMAH is out of the question for me. I spend all my ingame time now grinding paragon levels in mp0 but i die a lot, and the grind is slow. If i could get anything at all to make my mp0 grind more efficient i would be so happy! GL to everyone tomorrow! and congrats to the winners when there announced!
Edited by waveofwhy#1419 on 1/1/2013 12:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
zi464#1869

best xmas gift for monk

merry xmas
Edited by zi464#1869 on 12/23/2012 8:21 PM PST
Reply Quote

I have personally achieved 71m xp/hr with this set on my plvl15 monk. Exactly the same gear and gems as posted.

-Druin, the happy monk

This is more than I get! Maybe I should enter the drawing for a Druin TR set ;)

Awesome work by Druin.
Reply Quote
I just wanted to say thanks again especially for giving a little bonus to those in the military. My father served for twenty years. It's always nice to see someone giving them some recognition.
Reply Quote
Comcrap#1849

I started playing on launch, and after struggling for seemingly forever on a wiz in inferno act 2/3 I ended up dropping the game mostly. After getting talked to about the new changes and patches and such I came back a couple weeks back, rolling a monk and mostly playing that.

Due to a bit of farming I had from my wiz initially, I had some decent gear on my monk. I struggle getting any higher then mp2/3 though. But keep farming in hopes of getting some better gear.

You guys definitely rock for doing this! Merry Christmas!
Reply Quote
joobie#1977

I played alot when it first came out then I sold all my stuffs and quit. Don't get me wrong I'm not a quitter and I won't be quitting again any time soon. So you know the set will go into alot of use. I left cuz I was tired of the game mechanics. They fixxed alot of the things I hated about this game like the mob unavoidable hitbox. with paragon and mp level the game is much better now and I'm here to stay. But I feel like I really hit a wall here. I really want to be able to farm keys but i can't do it efficiently on higher MP levels with my current gear. I die so much on mp5. I can do mp0-1 quite easily but mp5 and higher I start dying and runs get super long. I already spent all my money on my current gear. Any 1 upgrade would cost more than my whole gear combine. I really want to hit 100k dps but it's impossible without hundreds of millions of gold. It is just too imposible for me. I am willing to trade my current set with any of those set and you can give my set to a brand new monk. That way 2 players win. Or if you can donate a few upgrade items to help me get to 100k dps or mp7-10 farmable I would appreciate it alot. Again, we can trade sets and you give my set to someone who have trouble farming mp0-3; that way 2 players win ^_^
Edited by Joobie#1977 on 12/24/2012 1:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is a wonderful gesture, thanks to all that make this game a little easier for returning players to get oriented. Whether it be one of these generous give aways or simply providing information to help us bridge the knowledge gap.

I actually switched from a barb to a monk when I started playing at release, I just liked the play style better. However once I hit 60 and Inferno I was in for a rude awakening. I found it incredibly difficult to make any progress. Between that and my job being a demanding one I decided to put the game aside for a while. I wasn't mad, I just knew that the time it would take to acquire the gear I needed to overcome what I was facing would be wiser spent on my career.

Just over a week ago though I came back to the game and restarted the grind. This forum helped me get reacquainted with the monk, and even though I've only just lightly touched on Rahl's guide I've seen enough to improve my play 100%. My DPS was about 15k when I restarted but I've been getting a few gear donations from a generous player that's brought me up to 30k DPS with a respectable resist level. I'm still lacking Crit and DPS in a major way though.

I've only just beat the game on Inferno (finally) and am looking to try farming at MP1 or MP2. If I'm lucky enough to be chosen for any of these prizes they will be put to good use. Thanks again guys for all your help.

Crutchy#1660
Reply Quote
Onderon#1691

Started D3 at launch with a bunch of friends and rolled the only monk out of the group. Was enjoying the game immensely as a group until we hit inferno where I was left behind due to monks inability to survive without really expensive gear back then. After some frustration I felt I was only slowing down my friends and decide to quit after the first couple of patches.

Recently got the urge to pick this game back up again but with all the implemented changes I'm still scratching my head as what is what so my gear is still what I was wearing back around June.

Seasons greetings to all!
Reply Quote
Ryusenka #1530

I played D3 with my WD before i started a monk. But now I already spend all the money on the WD and i regretted, because i enjoy monk a lot more. However, everything<s price is so high at im stuck with the monk. WD can farm and i didnt get anything since 3 month. thats why i m hoping that I will be part of this giveaways.
Edited by Ryusenka#1530 on 12/24/2012 5:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sinafae#1771

Merry Christmas!

Started D3 as a wiz, but picked up monk a couple weeks ago and am surprised at how much I enjoy it. I normally become bored with melee classes fairly quickly, but this is a very fun class for me, and my husband is running one now as well.
The thing about wiz that frustrated me was the lack of flexibility, and I have that with my monk, so I find I am playing this class almost exclusively and the community here on the forums is a large portion of why I am able to have so much fun. With help from Piffle's guide I was able to pretty well gear for MP 0-1 (possibly 2) on my budget, but the going is fairly slow and I am not sure I can survive higher than that (or if I can survive, it will take me forever to clear). I'd like to be able to clear higher MPs or at least be more efficient, as my husband now wants to start farming for keys with me, and to be honest, I'd like to be able to do so anyway!
Reply Quote
Bibagi#1986

So I have been playing Diablo III for a few weeks now, having a blast playing with others so far but when it comes to me soloing stuff (i.e. key farming) I ... umm ... I struggle a lot :)
Actually even in co-op games anything past Act II, I feel very squishy. I feel like I am not contributing as much as I should be both with dps or with survival.

Also kind of an interesting note, I started playing the game with a barb, built his whole set by myself with a grand budget of 300k gold. But couldn't break past the 40k dps barrier, so got fraustated and was looking to play somehting else. Stopped by Monk forum
a few times and noticed how extremely warm and helpful people are in this particular forum. Decided to roll my monk mainly based on the community feeling I derived from here, and leveled him to 60 this past weekend. While leveling I realized that I am having a total blast playing the monk class and decided to switch him as my main. However, I am running into the same issue I had with my barb ... my budget of 400k isn't getting me very far :-/

Anyways, I don't expect to win a whole set but if I could even win a few pieces of upgrade here and there ... I would greatly appreciate it! In the future when I am a little well off, I hope to return the favor and do my best to contribute to the community like you guys are doing now.

Seasons greeting to everyone ... I wish all the best to the winners, the donors and the organizers!
Reply Quote
give my monk stuff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]