Diablo® III

PvP : GG Devs

Yes there is a test realm for D3
like they're holding candy in front of you, but then they realize it's carob candy and you'd just be like super pissed when you found out.....

Why not just release it then for feedback?

I mean, they released Diablo III.
actually i'd be all for a PTR release

that's actually a splendid idea! i agree

they have a test realm right? why not? is that something that would be too difficult though, like does the test realm have to be very similar to the actual game? and putting in the arena tdm to test would require an extra realm?
Edited by jcdavey#1143 on 12/27/2012 11:10 AM PST
12/27/2012 11:09 AMPosted by jcdavey

Why not just release it then for feedback?

I mean, they released Diablo III.

they have a test realm right? why not? is that something that would be too difficult though, like does the test realm have to be very similar to the actual game? and putting in the arena tdm to test would require an extra realm?

They have more than enough test realms for implementing PvP, since they were able to test the Infernal Machine quests, which are pretty much arenas unto themselves.
wow...shocking news. didn't see that coming a mile away.

This jay wilson character has no idea what the hell he's doing. If the Activision board had a brain in their heads, they'd get rid of him. What a joke....

Path of Exile and Grim Dawn can't get here soon enough.

They have more than enough test realms for implementing PvP, since they were able to test the Infernal Machine quests, which are pretty much arenas unto themselves.
yeah good call, then i now wonder why they don't just throw it out there

run it up the ole flagpole
wow...shocking news. didn't see that coming a mile away.

This jay wilson character has no idea what the hell he's doing. If the Activision board had a brain in their heads, they'd get rid of him. What a joke....

Path of Exile and Grim Dawn can't get here soon enough.

Well, they are losing money rather quickly, if their being sold is to be believed.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely that will happen, since he's still leading the dev team after the launch fiasco and all the other pitfalls Diablo III has had.
12/27/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Saga

how's PvP in hellgate london holding up?

How's PvP in Diablo 3 holding up?

At least Diablo 3 is alive...
I think that dueling or PvP that we should've already had doesn't matter now. Only thing that can make D3 btter for me is more endgame content, like a new map maybe with challenges or whatever...
"we don't want to put anything out there before it's ready"
-funny how this mindset seemed to not apply to the release of D3 with all its flaws.

"it falls short of our expectations for a high-quality Blizzard experience"
-this mentality didn't exist with the lackluster lack of content in the original game release.

"Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly"
-WoW arena begs to differ and it has been going strong for how long?

"we don't believe it's the experience we feel it needs to be in order to ship"
- so why did you release a 1/2 finished game if you felt that way?

"we will be shelving it for now and exploring other options."
-if it took the dev team 10+ years to conjure the failed attempt at team deathmatch PVP, shall we expect the same amount of time for the reworked version"

"It's not up to the quality that Blizzard gamers expect or that we feel you deserve"
-ironic repetative statements concerning "quality we deserve" have no place here since you admittedly shipped an unfinished game.

"Team Deathmatch provided us with the foundation that we needed and served us well"
-what foundation is that exactly? How to totally ignore the PVP aspect/balance issues of a triple A caliber game that promised PVP as a core selling feature.

"We wanted to be upfront and honest with the community about where this particular project is at"
-If this is true then why all the weeks on end without any pvp updates? You failed your deadlines and didn't even have the insight to drop a short, honest thread to update the masses.

--My personal take on this fiasco is as follows...

They butchered the development of PVP in d3. They launched d3 incomplete to boost the company's overall profit margins for the shareholders and offset dwindling WoW subscriptions. They have spent the smallest amount of $ possible to add "depth" to the unfinished product known as D3. They are posturing to release an expansion probally featuring the addition of PVP. They are baiting the current active community by dangling "dueling" as a time buying carrot to keep us satisfied just enough until the marketing guys prepare for the expansion release.

*Please understand I want D3 to SUCCEED! I do not take issue with blizzard or the D3 team. I love all blizzard games and have so since early inception. I am passionate towards this game that is why I feel so strongly on the subject. All of the previously discussed points that I have listed are questioned from an honest, caring heart and not one of bitterness or hate. Thanks
This is the work of an incompetent team and clear false advertising. They had to had Amazon change their listing in a hurry but who cares? No one is buying the game anymore.

At the very, very least, if they had no other way of doing TDM they should have taken a cue from The Last Story on the Wii, broken down the character's abilities into simple roles (magic user with a single signature spell, fighters with access to better weapon options, etc.) and made armor and items aesthetic in TDM.

Not exactly what we wanted but at least a stepping stone. This? This is nothing.
Technoviking, I agree with you completely.
Yes get all your QQ out, you'll all be back and then some when it does finally get released.
12/27/2012 10:44 AMPosted by padako
David Brevik is laughing pretty hard imho.

how's PvP in hellgate london holding up?

Sorry, made my whole day haha.
12/27/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Notthehammer
Yes get all your QQ out, you'll all be back and then some when it does finally get released.

From someone whose profile is blank, that's rich.
-funny how this mindset seemed to not apply to the release of D3 with all its flaws.

-this mentality didn't exist with the lackluster lack of content in the original game release.

"Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly"

-if it took the dev team 10+ years to conjure the failed attempt at team deathmatch PVP, shall we expect the same amount of time for the reworked version"

"It's not up to the quality that Blizzard gamers expect or that we feel you deserve"
-ironic repetative statements concerning "quality we deserve" have no place here since you admittedly shipped an unfinished game.

"Team Deathmatch provided us with the foundation that we needed and served us well"
-what foundation is that exactly? How to totally ignore the PVP aspect/balance issues of a triple A caliber game that promised PVP as a core selling feature.

"We wanted to be upfront and honest with the community about where this particular project is at"
-If this is true then why all the weeks on end without any pvp updates? You failed your deadlines and didn't even have the insight to drop a short, honest thread to update the masses.

They butchered the development of PVP in d3. They launched d3 incomplete to boost the company's overall profit margins for the shareholders and offset dwindling WoW subscriptions. They have spent the smallest amount of $ possible to add "depth" to the unfinished product known as D3. They are posturing to release an expansion probally featuring the addition of PVP. They are baiting the current active community by dangling "dueling" as a time buying carrot to keep us satisfied just enough until the marketing guys prepare for the expansion release.

*Please understand I want D3 to SUCCEED! I do not take issue with blizzard or the D3 team. I love all blizzard games and have so since early inception. I am passionate towards this game that is why I feel so strongly on the subject. All of the previously discussed points that I have listed are questioned from an honest, caring heart and not one of bitterness or hate. Thanks

+1,000,000

I think we all wanted D3 to succeed... Just decisions and output is really hard to believe it will..
re:
For us it comes to a few issues, one of which is depth. Simply fighting each other with no other objectives or choices to make gets old relatively quickly. We've brought a lot of people in to try out Team Deathmatch and, while some found it entertaining, most of our testers didn't feel like it was something they'd want to do beyond a few hours. Without more varied objectives, or very lucrative rewards, few saw our current iteration as something they'd want spend a lot of time in.

Y'know, I'm going to have to agree with Mr. Wilson on this one.

This whole PVP idea is a completely different game from what the Diablo series was supposed to be about.
A Diablo themed PVP game just exactly doesn't strike me as a 'fun' game to play.

What?

They're suggesting adding an additional game mode, and arena in which players of different skillsets and items can fight against each other, not an entirely new game.

The Diablo series wasn't supposed to be about multiplayer, either, before Diablo II.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]