Diablo® III

500k dps wiz gear = how much dps for WD?

Not really sure about WD buffs (my wd is level 30 right now)

Also, will I have to replace all my ias items since that's what everyone seems to say?
Edited by eric#1326 on 12/28/2012 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Paper doll you will lose around 200k dps from the lack of buffs and changing truivirate to a WD OH.

You would have to make some pretty major gear changes or be locked into less effective builds because of the IAS. WD is resource restrained pretty hard so if you want to use alot of ias with a high dmg build you will have to get zunimassi's 4pc set bonus and stack some WD specific gear to keep your mana up.

To get the bonus you will have to use zunimassi's in place of either your chest or helm, and purchase a very expensive zunimassi's OH. You would still likely have to use 3 mana regen passives if you wanted to make no other gear changes.

In the end you would get around 250-270k dps WD once you have everything set to make it effective. If you just wanted a wowprogress WD you could probably have it geared to 300-320k dps, but it wouldn't be very effective to play that way.
Reply Quote
sure you have some ias but not that much easy fix is get a low as weapon and maybe trade out your ias ring for a lithany with chd by getting a spear not only will you help drastically reduce your as but you will also get a bit more dps out of your boots and ammy..... win win situation!!! then all youll need is an off hand and zuni armor or helm for the set bonus!!!
Edited by Danevil#1608 on 12/28/2012 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Forgot to add that WD only has 1 dps buff that is permanent and shows on paperdoll long term, but that buff makes everything cost 30% more mana. This makes gearing for mana even harder.

We do have a number of other buffs that go up and down throughout the corse of play. There is a buff that provides 600 int that you can keep up almost all the time during normal play. There is another buff that gives you 10% more int per health globe you get for 10 sec stacking up to 5 (50% more int). There is a totem that gives you 30% more dmg, and 20% ias for 20 sec on a 2 min. CD. There are 2 other buffs that make everyone in the party do 20% more dmg to mobs affected.

My dps usually hovers between 180k-230k during normal play and gets up around 300k with totem out. Thats with a base of 160k dps paperdoll.
Reply Quote
Eric: You won't have to replace all of your IAS items. There are two options:
1. Use a build that benefits from IAS, as long as you have enough mana regen.
2. Don't hold down attack for your high mana cost bears. It's not hard to not spend the mana, especially if in between you are getting mana back from another source, e.g. spiders widowmakers.

At the minimum I would suggest replacing the helmet and offhand.
Visage of Giyua has mana regen and a witch doctor specific skill instead of attack speed and life%. Just search for crit and when you find a build you want, look to see if a witch doctor specific affix will help.
Offhand could be anything, but as people were suggesting, a zunimassa mojo is probably the best because you will likely want to use a zunimassa chest piece to get the set 20 mana regen.

Now you will have 2 items with mana regen (helm and mojo) and if you get the zuni chest, then 20 more. Very important.

Then you're going to notice you don't have any life sustain. No life steal and no life on hit. You won't last in higher MPs.
You're very likely to want life steal on your weapon. It works well for most high MP builds. LoH can be found elsewhere (pants, rings, amulet are common places)

Depending on your build, you will have trouble with certain reflect damage packs with only life steal, that is you will have to be patient against them and not just mow them down with bears (for instance).
Reply Quote
lets find a shrine, buff and log out... love the build though... how much do u crit with that buffed damage... and how much dps u have when ur unbuffed..?
Edited by sirH#1433 on 12/28/2012 10:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
Also note, you will no longer have any form of health replenishment.

You have no LOH, no LS, which basically means you will have to replace your weapon.

Weapon/OH replacement wont be cheap if you want to be at the same gear level.

Gotta love being a WD huh?
530k DPS wiz, take one passive and get enough LS that you dont have to worry about it. But if your a WD, you have to spend 10x more on your weapon or give up DPS to get that same LS.

YAY
Reply Quote
So there's no kind of heal from WD spells at all? I see some streamers with their health yo-yo'ing constantly. Like for wizards, there's no passive for life steal but runes like "healing blade" and "blood magic" gives a huge life steal.

Also, whats a good build that doesn't require much mana? I see the most talked about one is the sacrifice build, will I have to kite if i use a low mana build?

12/28/2012 09:42 AMPosted by sirH
lets find a shrine, buff and log out... love the build though... how much do u crit with that buffed damage... and how much dps u have when ur unbuffed..?

i logout with shrines? nah, im one of the top 25 wiz in the americas

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/eric-1326/Eric/787824
Reply Quote
aye.. nice nice.. so how much crit do u do with ur spec blades? just wondering coz im thinking about doing a spec blade build...
Reply Quote
You could try 0 dog build just change one ring, offhand and helm! Your other gear is perfect for that spec(and no mana needed).

So there's no kind of heal from WD spells at all?

As 0 dog you get globes and 24K life back every cast.
Loh works great with toads and acid rain
Lifesteal works best with high damage spells like bears
Other spec then 0 dog you have to change your weapon as the fear also procs with acidrain and toads.

But acidrain and bears builds are really fun so you should try them to
Edited by Ante#2817 on 12/28/2012 11:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
0dogs will be great for your gear man, that ef you got and all that IAS gear will be lovely for 0dogs.

-You need LS backup weapon vs reflect
-20 sec homunculus offhand for dogs
-7 sec SoJ for dogs
-7sec Giya for dogs

It´s quite an investment but I think that mana spending builds would cost you even more.

If you played CM perma freeze wiz and rolled a doc to get away from all that spamming then 0dogs is not the build for you.

If that´s the case then I recommend getting cheap zuni set, manaregen helm and an offhand with manaregen and testing out all the cool builds out there.
Reply Quote
So there's no kind of heal from WD spells at all? I see some streamers with their health yo-yo'ing constantly. Like for wizards, there's no passive for life steal but runes like "healing blade" and "blood magic" gives a huge life steal.

Welcome to our world.

Technically we do have a few spells that can heal us.
Dog Sacrifice - for the master
Cloud of Bats - Vampire bats.

One requires significant gearing and is a very specific play style.
The other is a crappy spell that almost no one uses.

Neither compare to the skills / abilities other classes get to replenish HP.

The reason why WD's HP YoYo's is because most of us use LoH/LS weapons/gear. IE we spent far more gold on our weapons to get the effect other classes get by simply taking one skill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]